Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo doesn't exactly have a good handle on creating and maintaining online infrastructures/accounts. It does suck that the only way to transfer from older games is delayed because they decided to go this route instead of releasing a transfer app or something.

The Pokebank is a transfer app. In hindsight, it was a really bad idea to release it on Dec 27 when there's a huge influx of new owners from Christmas, it should have been before. They should have just had a migration feature like Pal Park in Gen IV. I liked that better than the mini-game in Gen V.

The Pokebank is a transfer app. In hindsight, it was a really bad idea to release it on Dec 27 when there's a huge influx of new owners from Christmas, it should have been before. They should have just had a migration feature like Pal Park in Gen IV. I liked that better than the mini-game in Gen V.

I know it's their solution for a transfer app, but transferring from old games to the new ones didn't have to be behind an online banking system. They could have just put a transfer from B/W to X/Y app for free on the eShop and had the banking stuff be a separate service. Based on Nintendo's past experiences with an online account structure, I have such little confidence in their ability to pull it off well. I definitely won't feel confident leaving my collection on their servers for too long.

At least they are giving the trial period for people who just want to transfer and not store.

They definitely have a lot riding on the PokeBank since they want it to be a staple for all future games/generations of the series. I'd expect them to at least try to have the best system they can.

Extended maintenance is happening soon with the Pokemon servers. Maybe after this, there may be a solid release date for PokeBank outside Japan.

Pokemon Bank is back for Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Free trial until March 14th.

Is it worth evolving Pikachu into Raichu? I heard that Raichu was stronger, but that Pikachu could get more attacks and that with the help of something called light ball, he could become much more powerful than Raichu.

Use the one you like more. Both are pretty bad for competitive, Raichu is probably better because Pikachu HAS to hold a Light Ball.

I see, what are the 6 most over powered pokemon for competitive? Would like to know of a team counting with non-legendary and another counting with legendary pokemon

Pokemon Bank is now available for North America

Guys can you trade pokemon from the us gba titles to the likes of hg/ss. Now that the bank is out I wanna start transferring everything to my copy of x

Yes, you can. I think it's called Pal Park. Try that and post if it works.

The Pal Park in HG/SS is the old Kanto Safari Zone in Fuscia City.

So you can go us gba to uk ds. With no problems?

Sweet I found an eBay store which is selling emerald and sapphire for £5 each.

I guess I should have suspected, but using the Pokemon Bank to go from Black/White to X/Y is incredibly obtuse.

You can only transfer what is in Box 1 of Black/White, so every time you clear a box you'll have to launch it to move everything over to Box 1. You transfer them using the Pokemon Transfer app, which puts them in the Transfer Box and then you have to launch the Pokemon Bank separately to pull from from the bank and into X/Y.

What should have been a simple process of, pull everything from Black/White into the bank, becomes this multi-step process of app and cartridge switching.

My Leaf Green and Emerald games are from the USA, However my Heart Gold game is from Europe, can i put my pokemon from LF and Emerald into Heart Gold? Or is there some region limitation?

I guess I should have suspected, but using the Pokemon Bank to go from Black/White to X/Y is incredibly obtuse.

You can only transfer what is in Box 1 of Black/White, so every time you clear a box you'll have to launch it to move everything over to Box 1. You transfer them using the Pokemon Transfer app, which puts them in the Transfer Box and then you have to launch the Pokemon Bank separately to pull from from the bank and into X/Y.

What should have been a simple process of, pull everything from Black/White into the bank, becomes this multi-step process of app and cartridge switching.
Not everyone wants everything pulled from their Gen V game to the Bank. Cartridge swapping was going to be a necessity. Having Transporter and Bank separate software is kind of odd but it's not a major inconvenience, IMO. The annoying thing for me is being able to transfer from Gen V Box 1 ONLY. It should have at least let you choose which box.

My Leaf Green and Emerald games are from the USA, However my Heart Gold game is from Europe, can i put my pokemon from LF and Emerald into Heart Gold? Or is there some region limitation?

If you have it, then try it.

It was definitely an annoyance. I'm glad I got all my Poke's switched over, but it could have been way easier.

Not everyone wants everything pulled from their Gen V game to the Bank. Cartridge swapping was going to be a necessity. Having Transporter and Bank separate software is kind of odd but it's not a major inconvenience, IMO. The annoying thing for me is being able to transfer from Gen V Box 1 ONLY. It should have at least let you choose which box.

If you have it, then try it.

Not far enough to try yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"