Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokémon GO Expected To Launch In July For Smartphone, To Be Compatible With Future Games . June 15, 2016 . 11:32am

Pokémon GO will launch in July. The smartphone game will feature trading and it’ll eventually add all 720 Pokémon.
It’ll also be compatible with future main Pokémon games.

2 comments Read >

Game Freak announced during Nintendo’s Treehouse livestream today at E3 2016 that that their upcoming smartphone game in development with Niantic Labs, Pokémon Go, is releasing in July 2016.

Pokémon GO will feature the first generation of Pokémon when it launches in July. From there, the game will add the next generations after through updates.

The wearable gadget Pokémon GO Plus (pictured above) that alerts you when Pokémon are nearby, will become available sometime near the end of July for $34.99. While the release date of Pokémon GO wasn’t officially announced, Shigeru Miyamoto’s reveal of Pokémon GO Plus accidentally revealed its release window of July.

Junichi Masuda also mentioned that the game will be compatible with future main Pokémon titles; however, it won’t be available at the start as they’d rather have players get familiar with the smartphone game first.

Pokémon GO is expected to launch in July 2016 for smartphone.

Read more stories about iPhone & Android & Pokémon Go on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

ok as promised

[YT]qqbsdqjgj-k[/YT]

Pokémon GO - Demonstration - Nintendo E3 2016

31,512 views 6 hours ago

also with

the full show
WATCHED
[YT]iNKgwyy2WTI[/YT]

Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3 Day 2

390,465 views 1 hour ago

hqdefault.jpg

[YT]4nX6_PYyxSU[/YT]

Nintendo E3 2016 - Day 2 Recap

3,582 views 1 hour ago

source:Nintendo's youtube channel

Last edited:
Someone brought up a point last night about the Pokemon games that left me scratching my head. Why can we only have one save file per game? They should totally have 3, so you can play a file per starter.

Someone brought up a point last night about the Pokemon games that left me scratching my head. Why can we only have one save file per game? They should totally have 3, so you can play a file per starter.
We should, but then it defeats the whole purpose of Pokemon, which is to interact with others. It's supposed to be great that you can trade Venusaur for Blastoise, but how pointless would it be if you had a Charizard, Blastoise and Venusausr in separate save files on the same cartridge?

Now with Pokemon Bank, it would be nice since you wouldn't lose all your Pokemon. It's obvious they do it since fewer people would buy both versions if you could make multiple save files.

Actually I remember this was brought up in an interview in Game Informer where Junichi whateversonavavitch said that the games are supposed to feel personal to the player and having multiple save files on one cart takes away the feeling that your experiences is personal when you can have multiple takes on the same game at once.

I just hate having to either buy a new game or overwrite my old ones when I want to play something again.

I just hate having to either buy a new game or overwrite my old ones when I want to play something again.
I don't want to sound like a *****e or anything, but you kinda just have to suck it up and deal with it. That's also the same reason why we most likely won't ever see a console version of any of the games, because it completely goes against the point of the game, which is to be a handheld game that allows you to interact with others, either personally like in the 90s, or over the web like now.

Especially with Streetpassing being a thing even more reason to keep the core games off a home console, though the truth is X and Y reeeeeally drop the ball hard on Streetpass potential.

For quite a while... :huh:

So I've been watching these "expert" PokeTubers on YouTube who are all into the competitive aspect of the franchise, and to those who say it sucks all the fun from it, it does! There's a guy who has a channel dedicated to this and simply posts videos of his favorite Pokémon stuff through the eyes of a competitive Pokémon player like this Pokémon isn't good because of its stats, natures, movepool, can't build a decent set around it's ability... All of which is fine until he starts using their odd battle lingo like this has priority, para hax, that's a crit! :hehe:

I don't think a corner of the poke-verse can "suck the fun" out of anything... it's great and fun for competitive players who are into that.. but you also don't have to be into that.. and can just as easily ignore those who are into it...

some people love to breed and trade, some love to max stat, some just love to "catch 'em all" play the game how you want to play it.

That's heresy and you know it. :p

North American Virtual Console Getting 3 Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Games. June 20, 2016 . 10:38am

Three of the next Nintendo Wii U Virtual Console games in North America
are Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team, Blue Rescue Team, and Explorers of Sky.

17 comments Read >

WiiUVC_PokemonMysteryDungeonRedRescueTeam_02_mediaplayer_large_thumb.png

Nintendo has announced three entries in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series will be coming to the Nintendo Wii U in North America. On June 23, 2016, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team, and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky will be added to the Virtual Console game library.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team are sister games, though the former appeared on the Game Boy Advance and the latter on the Nintendo DS. They were the first Pokémon Mystery Dungeon installments and followed a human who was turned into a Pokémon. This person makes friends with a real Pokémon, and the two create a rescue team that goes and saves Pokémon who may be lost or trapped after natural disasters.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky is a sister game to Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness and originally appeared on the Nintendo DS. It is part of the second group of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games and once again follows a person turned into a Pokémon. The player finds a partner and joins Wigglytuff’s Guild, a group of explorers who explore the world. Along the way, you’ll learn the truth behind a Relic Fragment your partner Pokémon carries.

In the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Virtual Console announcement for North America, Nintendo also notes that more Pokémon Virtual Console games will be released in summer 2016.

Read more stories about Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky & Wii U Virtual Console & Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team & Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team on Siliconera.

3DS
[FONT=&quot]Pokemon Sun and Moon news coming July 1[/FONT]

Published 34 mins ago. 2 comments.

Your latest "next update" teaser.

Pokemon-Sun-Moon-Tease_06-24-16.jpg

The next Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon information blast will arrive next Friday, July 1 at 6:00 a.m. PDT / 9:00 a.m. EDT, The Pokemon Company announced.

If you missed it, a new “Battle Royal” feature and a number of new Pokemon were revealed at E3 2016 last week.

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon are due out on November 18 in North America and November 23 in Europe.

Read More

3DS, Nintendo, Pokemon Sun and Moon, RPG, Teasers

source: Gematsu

Last edited:
Finally, been wondering when well get our next bit of SuMo information, cheers Zenith. :up:

Hopefully we'll get some new pokemon revealed and see the gym leaders too.

Not that I'm complaining, but Jokes, we just got new info at E3, that wasn't that long ago.

I can't tell if this guy is pulling a lot of stuff out of his butt that aren't connected, or if he's actually onto something.

[YT]KrPKq4lk1NQ&feature=youtu.be[/YT]

I don't think most of the developers put this much thought into connecting the Pokemon games, but it would be a pretty neat surprise if they did.

two articles same place

Niantic CEO Says The Goal Of Pokémon GO Isn’t To “Catch Them All”. June 29, 2016 . 8:30am

Niantic CEO John Hanke mentioned that the primary goal of Pokemon GO isn’t necessarily to catch them all,
as per usual for the main games, adding that it’s still possible “to compete for gyms and progress.”

31 comments Read >

Polygon got the chance to speak with The Pokémon Company’s senior director of consumer marketing J.C. Smith, as well as Niantic CEO John Hanke about Pokémon GO. Hanke mentioned that the primary goal of Pokemon GO isn’t necessarily to catch them all, as per usual for the main games in the franchise, adding that it’s still possible “to compete for gyms and progress.”

Hanke also spoke to the importance of accessibility for both newcomers and long-time Pokémon fans alike:
“We’re trying to make the game accessible to a person who doesn’t yet know how much they want to commit to the game, who just wants to explore. That includes not just the Pokémon newbie, but those on the opposite side — a diehard who’s played all of the RPGs but isn’t sure if an augmented reality game that requires them to get up off the couch is really their speed. At the same time, we think that there’s an opportunity to build depth. There’s an emergent complexity that doesn’t hit you over the head at first blush, [from] trying to power up your Pokémon and evolve and ultimately start competing for gyms.”
Additionally, J.C. Smith said that their goal was never to “recreate the video game experience,” but rather to “make a new experience that was native to mobile.”

Smith also had the following to say in regards to Pokémon GO Plus:
“It could be that you’re out walking in the park with friends and meeting friends somewhere, and may not want to interrupt the conversation and break the social dynamic that’s going on [to check Pokémon Go]. With a few clicks of the button, you can harvest items and catch Pokémon and continue to build up progress in the game. In all of those scenarios, it would be really awesome to have a device not to completely replace interacting with the phone, but supplement it.”

Pokémon GO will release this summer for iOS and Android devices.

Read more stories about Android & iOS & Pokémon Go on Siliconera
Also with

Rumor: Potential Leaks Of New Pokémon From Sun & Moon . June 30, 2016 . 1:30am

We’re expecting the next Pokémon Sun & Moon info to be revealed on July 1,

but new images have surfaced, showing what could possibly be a potential leak of several new Pokémon.

18 comments Read >
We’re expecting the next Pokémon Sun & Moon info to be revealed on July 1, but new images have surfaced, showing what could possibly be a potential leak of several new Pokémon. [Thanks, Serebii.]

According to the Serebii report, it is currently unknown where these leaks have come from, but they’re supposedly from videos that have been uploaded somewhere. Again, do keep in mind that new Pokémon games see fake “leaks” more than anything else, so be sure to take it with a grain of salt.

Note: Since it looks pretty legitimate, it could be considered spoiler territory for some, so we’ll go ahead and put the images further down below:

Update: You can check out the videos below
[YT]wDnYpF6ka8g[/YT]

[YT]QhDxlPuJ8oQ[/YT]

[YT]VLINGnSoUlc
[/YT]

[YT]VLINGnSoUlc[/YT]

[YT]gHsxYL44uWM[/YT]

[YT]6ySLd5_Op_c[/YT]

[YT]UtGqtNAoOco[/YT]

We may or may not learn more about these Pokémon tomorrow during the Pokémon Sun & Moon announcement that is expected to be revealed at 10:00pm JST, or 6:00am PT/9:00am ET/2:00pm BST on July 1, 2016.

Pokémon Sun & Moon will release for Nintendo 3DS in Japan and North America on November 18, and in Europe on November 23, 2016.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon on Siliconera.

fair warning the uploader clsoed the youtube account

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985