Pokémon It's the Pokémon Thread

I like how Pokémon Letsgo has the Pokémon show up in the wild. I am tired of being forced into battles and I do wish the graphics were updated from the 3ds. The way you catch Pokémon in letsgo is actually fun as well.

Yeah I just got it and I love that. It’s an amazing game. If they went to the johto region I wonder who they would choose for a sequel? Pokémon let’s go togepi and wobbufet?

5 hours ago
DETECTIVE PIKACHU Movie To Get Mini Collection Of POKÉMON Trading Cards
A mini collection of Pokémon trading cards will be releasing for Japan and the West for Warner Bros. and Legendary's highly anticipated Detective Pikachu movie.Read more
| 1/7/2019
Filed Under: "Video Game Movies" Source: Nintendo Life

12991.jpg

Detective Pikachu
is an upcoming movie by Warner Bros. and Legendary Entertainment, based on the Nintendo 3DS game of the same name, that will be releasing in theatres in May of this year.

The movie boasts the talents of Ryan Reynolds as the fan-favourite and loveable Detective Pikachu — who will not only be providing the voice of the character but will also perform as Detective Pikachu via motion capture— Justice Smith, Ken Watanabe, and Kathryn Newton.

Recently, we'fe found out that Detective Pikachu will be getting a mini collection set of Pokémon trading cards that will be releasing in Japan on the 26th of April and will cost 200 yen each pack. Each of these packs will contain 24 cards and at least one mystery design.

The release date for this new Pokémon trading cards in the west will coincide with the release of Detective Pikachu in North America, which is scheduled to release on the 10th of May.

Another set of Pokémon trading cards called Miracle Twin, which will focus on Mew and Mewtwo is set to release on the 31st of May in Japan. This set will include 94 cards and has been reported by Serebiito release in the West around "August 2019".

DETECTIVEPIKACHUCARDSPic1.jpg

The first-ever live-action Pokémon movie, “POKÉMON Detective Pikachu” stars Ryan Reynolds as the titular character in the first-ever live-action movie based on the iconic face of the global Pokémon brand—one of the world’s most popular, multi-generation entertainment properties and most successful media franchises of all time.

Detective Pikachu will release in theatres on the 10th of May in 2019.

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

7 minute Pokemon Direct tomorrow morning, 9 am EST. Something is getting revealed.

Didn't they say before somewhere that we were getting a new game this year?

I'd like it if it were something that was on both 3DS and Switch, but I know they don't care about 3DS anymore.

Yes, we are getting a new mainline Pokemon game this year. I imagine that this will be our first peek at it.

If it is the new game and it looks like letsgo...

I wouldn’t say no to let’s go Johto region. But I reckon it will be news about the switch Pokémon game with a brand new region etc.

Exciting times

Yup, Gen 8, Pokemon Sword and Shield. Very clearly set in England.

Starters are Fire bunny, Water chameleon, and Grass monkey.

Last edited:
Looks good though the one thing I would’ve kept from Letsgo is how the Pokémon show up in the wild. Grass encounters are outdated, though I would’ve also excepted the way they’re done in ruby and sapphire with the Pokémon’s tail sticking up out of the grass.

New gen looks decent. It's hard for me to get excited for new starters now though...I'm in the camp that pretty much every pokemon design is kinda generic as this point. These fall into that category for me.

But I do like that random encounters are "back." It's more old-school, turn-based JRPG. Like the PS1 Final Fantasy games.

I’ve seen a lot of people excited for the random encounters but I just can’t get excited for that after the greatness of seeing the Pokémon roaming about in Letsgo, made it more realistic. I thought that would be the one thing they’d bring over.

Maybe they should make that optional in the next game. I hate being in a cave and getting hit with a billion zubats before I even get in good. With letsgo I could see which Pokémon were in the area and decide if I wanted to approach them or not.

Yeah, but it makes seeing rare pokemon in the wild less special, I think.

In theory, I like the pokemon showing up in the overworld. But in practice, I like random encounters better.

I am curious about the Legendaries. Seems we are looking at wolf designs, which are cool.

I kind of hope the legendaries don't factor into the story this time around. I liked it better in Gen1/2, where they were just...there for you to find and capture.

It was cool for them to contribute to the story in Ruby/Sapphire, but I feel like it's become a crutch now.

So Galar is based on the UK.

Also Team Grookey!

I am... intrigued by what direction they are going to choose to go with in the anime adaptation's voice acting.

Interesting speculation is that gym battles may take place on soccer (football) stadiums.

As beautiful as the new region looks, the only way that I will buy this is if it's released on the switch mini that I have been hearing about where the price of the console is considerably cheaper than the regular switch system.

I just bought a PS4 last year and have no desire to buy a whole new game console just for Pokemon.

Lol I think this, Smash, New Super MARIO Bros, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance have guaranteed the switch is my go to console for 2019. I might even be getting MK11 for switch need to see some footage from the switch version before I make my decision though.

Well I’m gagged, I reckon it looks like a hoot!

I love everything about it but I did see someone notice no Pokémon was following the trainer in any of the screen shots. That’s a bit odd. I loved that feature.

I can’t wait to get a Sobble

Industry
Pokemon Detective Pikachu movie second trailer, new poster
Published 16 hours ago. 11 comments.
Due out in theaters on May 10.

Warner Bros. Pictures has released the second official trailer and latest poster for the Pokemon Detective Pikachu movie.

Here is an overview of the movie, via its official website:

The world of Pokemon comes to life!

The first-ever live-action Pokemonadventure, Pokemon Detective Pikachu stars Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu, the iconic face of the global Pokemon—one of the world’s most popular, multi-generation entertainment properties and the most successful media franchise of all time.

Fans everywhere can now experience Pikachu on the big screen as never before, as Detective Pikachu, a Pokemon like no other. The film also showcases a wide array of beloved Pokemon characters, each with its own unique abilities and personality.

The story begins when ace private eye Harry Goodman goes mysteriously missing, prompting his 21-year-old son Tim to find out what happened. Aiding in the investigation is Harry’s former Pokemon partner, Detective Pikachu, a hilariously wise-cracking, adorable super-sleuth who is a puzzlement event to himself. Finding that they are uniquely equipped to communicate with one another, Tim and Pikachu join forces on a thrilling adventure to unravel the tangled mystery. Chasing clues together through the neon-lit streets of Ryme City—a sprawling, modern metropolis where humans and Pokemon live side-by-side in a hyper-realistic live-action world—they encounter a diverse cast of Pokemon characters and uncover a shocking plot that could destroy this peaceful co-existence and threaten the whole Pokemon universe.

Pokemon Detective Pikachu also stars Justice Smith (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom) as Tim; Kathryn Newton (Lady Bird, TV’s Big Little Lies) as Lucy, a junior reporter following her first big story; and Oscar nominee Ken Watanabe (Godzilla, The Last Samurai) as Lt. Yoshida.

Directed by Rob Letterman (Goosebumps, Monsters Vs. Aliens), the Pokemon Detective Pikachu creative film-making team includes two-time Oscar nominated director of photography John Mathieson (The Phantom of the Opera, Gladiator), production designer Nigel Phelps (Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Men Tell No Lies), and Oscar-winning editor Mark Sanger (Gravity). Visual effects are by Moving Picture Company (Wonder Woman) and Framestore (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2).

Launched in 1996 to overwhelming response, the Pokemon brand is a global sensation that now encompasses a robust video gaming fandom with over 300 million units sold worldwide; trading card games available in 11 languages with more than 23.6 billion cards purchased; an anime television series in its 20th season that is available in 98 countries; and animated films that have grossed more than $700 million at the box office; as well as books, manga comics, music, toys, merchandise, and apps, including the wildly popular Pokemon GO, that has been downloaded over 650 million times and is enjoyed across the globe by fans of all ages.

Pokemon Detective Pikachu is set for release on Friday, May 10, 2019.

The film will be distributed outside of Japan and China by Warner Bros. Pictures, in Japan by Toho Company, Ltd., and by Legendary East in China.

Pokemon Detective Pikachu will arrive in theaters on May 10.

Watch the trailer below.

source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

Will Dark type finally get a gym.

Do the starters remind anyone else of these fakes:

hqdefault.jpg

pokemon-sword-shield.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members