Pokémon It's the Pokémon Thread

Pokemon Company is having a press conference tonight, so who knows what that will be about.

I’m not sure about that Pokémon sleep. Bit creepy

bump for those that want to get up early to see the Direct tomorrow.

I’m keen. I hope they reveal the new professor

Kaiju Pokemon???

Freaking dandelion pokemon.

Release is 11/15. Offering a double pack, which is interesting.

Last edited:
I really wish that for the first big console Pokemon game, the art style and general look of the game was better. A lot better.

The oversized Pokémon battling I’m not liking.

Looked like both the random encounters and the on map encounters are back.

Camera control is nice.

I too wish they’d changed things up way more for the first main console game (that breath of the wild Pokémon artwork got my hopes for what could be up too much).

They are never going to mess with the artstyle.

Just saw a new trailer that included some things not seen in the Direct and I’m liking what I see a lot more now especially with the areas that have the on-map encounters.

I’m loving the giant Pokémon idea. I love that the Japanese enjoy only two things

1. Things that are very small
2. Things that are insanely large

I’m loving the giant Pokémon idea.
Honestly this is one of the elements that are throwing me well and truly off these new games.

I practically grew up on Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold and Silver, and I've played (some of) the more recent ones too, though as soon as dimensional beasts and mega evolutions came along, my interest became null. Each new game of late seems to introduce a new theme and doesn't follow on from previous ones. I prefer simplicity. I didn't mind the alternate forms (ice-type Vulpix and such) but everything else, I feel takes away from what these games were.

I'll wait around if/until someone at the Pokemon company goes back to their old school roots and released a game of simpler times.

Honestly this is one of the elements that are throwing me well and truly off these new games.

I practically grew up on Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold and Silver, and I've played (some of) the more recent ones too, though as soon as dimensional beasts and mega evolutions came along, my interest became null. Each new game of late seems to introduce a new theme and doesn't follow on from previous ones. I prefer simplicity. I didn't mind the alternate forms (ice-type Vulpix and such) but everything else, I feel takes away from what these games were.

I'll wait around if/until someone at the Pokemon company goes back to their old school roots and released a game of simpler times.

Exact same for me. Instead of things like mega-evolutions or giant pokemon battles, I'd prefer they deliver on monster design and increased typing mechanics/move sets. It feels like increasingly, design is taking a back seat to the new mechanics that aren't that interesting.

Case in point...

Zacian's design is very lazy. A wolf... holding a sword.

They couldn't have made the sword part of his tail? Such bad design. The other one has a shield as his mane. And this one...holds a sword. It's like an 8 year old drew it in crayon because IT'D BE SO COOL, and they turned it into their Legendary.

I think I'm done with any mainline games from here on out. I'll always have my HeartGold and SoulSilver to play.

This guy reviews the direct and caught some stuff I didn't and talks about a leak that was confirmed by the direct, so spoilers near the end:

FYI: Fan art on the thumbnail.

Last edited:
Apparently, the down side of moving to console, means that they are not animating all the pokemon at launch, so you won't necessarily will be able to transfer some of your pokemon from bank/home.

Oh well. When I first played Pokémon red and blue back in the day I wasn’t worried about previous generations coming on board!

It looks like a beautiful game. It looks like they’ve improved graphically on let’s go

So this was a minor gripe with Kalos, but I hope they don't get lazy with the gym badge names this time around. They ran out of name ideas so fast that they simply used the type names for it (i.e. Bug Badge, Psychic Badge, and Fairy Badge).

EDIT: Hot damn the Pokémon Community is really pissed by the PokeDex news.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"