Pokémon It's the Pokémon Thread

I got both versions, not sure who I’ll start with.

Oh my gosh it’s glorious. It takes me back to my travels around the uk when I was going through depression and it really changed me and helped me to recover. Also sobble is my favourite son. I’ve always had an affinity for water types but I don’t think there’s been a great water type since mudkip

Oh my gosh it’s glorious. It takes me back to my travels around the uk when I was going through depression and it really changed me and helped me to recover. Also sobble is my favourite son. I’ve always had an affinity for water types but I don’t think there’s been a great water type since mudkip
Oh crap. I forgot it released today. I got caught up in the impeachment hearings.

My team so far:

Rillaboom
Corviknight
Coalossol
Copperajah
Hatterene
Frosmoth

Galarian Meowth was unexpected... and really the Grass Badge? Are they not trying anymore?

Got Shield and I’m with the bunny. I usually go water or grass so fire is new for me.

Got Shield and I’m with the bunny. I usually go water or grass so fire is new for me.
Don't go on YouTube for a while if you haven't seen Scorbunny's final form.

So I see they're just naming badges after the type now. smh

#TeamShield where you at!

Yaas team shield!

Oh crap. I forgot it released today. I got caught up in the impeachment hearings.

haha I promise pokemon is a lot more fun. I can’t believe how many options there are for customising your character!

The Slumbering Weald's music is still amazing.

So the Wild Area is definitely how these games should function like from now on.

Ugh stupid Breeder gave me a Toxel at the Daycare and I don't know if I want to keep him. A Poison/Electric is very cool, but I had my heart on other Pokemon.

So the Wild Area is definitely how these games should function like from now on.

yeah I love that area. It gave me Pokémon snap vibes, being able to just wander around seeing the Pokémon in their natural habitat and with that handy share button on the switch.

it’s a shame they got rid of the feature where Pokémon follow you around though. Even if they just did that with the starters. I loved that.

by the way, just encountered my favourite gym leader ever!

Nessa from Hulbury. What a queen!

yeah I love that area. It gave me Pokémon snap vibes, being able to just wander around seeing the Pokémon in their natural habitat and with that handy share button on the switch.

it’s a shame they got rid of the feature where Pokémon follow you around though. Even if they just did that with the starters. I loved that.

by the way, just encountered my favourite gym leader ever!

Nessa from Hulbury. What a queen!
I don't know. Melony may give her a run for her money. She looked amazing in that opening ceremony.

I'm about to take on Kabu and I caught my Hatenna, so now I have a Toxel and Hatenna to train up. I'm still on the lookout for Cuffant and Duraludon.

I love Glimwood Tangle and Ballonlea. It's such a perfect setting for the gym.

I've decided to keep Toxel and now he's a Toxtricity. My entire team is now fully evolved and I love Coalossal. He's amazing and is probably my strongest Pokémon. Corviknight is awesome as well. Love my team so far.

Opal is now my favorite Leader. She is hilarious and loved her town. Didn't care for Alister as much as I thought I would. I wonder how copy and paste Stow-on-Side is between the games. I didn't feel Alister had much connection with the town.

So another day another gym down.

Melony and her Lapras were fun to take down. I used Toxtricity who almost swept it without Dynamaxing. Her puzzle was probably the most difficult of the Gyms so far. I also caught a Snom and I'm trying to evolve it to a Frosmoth which will complete my team.

Rillaboom
Corviknight
Coalossal
Toxtricity
Hatterene
Snom

I still plan to capture a Cuffant, a Morgem, and a Duraludon for alternates.

Geez you’re racing ahead! I’ve only just beaten kabu. Bit worried he was going to be more of a struggle but I got through.

how much fun is dynamaxing? I love hearing the sound of the crowd when it happens. I caught a dynamax hoot hoot the other day! I hope they keep it as a feature for more games

Geez you’re racing ahead! I’ve only just beaten kabu. Bit worried he was going to be more of a struggle but I got through.

how much fun is dynamaxing? I love hearing the sound of the crowd when it happens. I caught a dynamax hoot hoot the other day! I hope they keep it as a feature for more games
I beat all 8 gym leaders and...

The last 2 were HUGE disappointments. No Dynamaxing with Piers was lame, but I liked him and his relation with Marnie. Did not like he's essentially the leader of Team Yell. Raihan suffers from Lance syndrome where he claims to be a Dragon user and uses a completely different type. His team is mostly comprised of Rock, Ground, and Steel Pokemon more than actual Dragons. Plus I almost swept him with Coalossal.

I finally caught Duraludon and it took a few hours, but Snom is now a Frosmoth. I still cannot find a Cuffant. Also Galarian Mr. Mime walking behind you by mimicking your walk is creeepy.

Last edited:
I finally got to Belladonna last night. So beautiful but I would still live in Hulbury if I could live anywhere in Galar

I haven't lost a match once and I beat all 8 gyms. The game is well worth my money but I wish it was more challenging. I also feel like the game just tells you to go from gym to gym without much story in-between. Remember in Gold and Silver when Team Rocket had their plans with the radio tower and the player had to stop them? Team Yell has not contributed much so far.

I think I'll train up some weaker pokemon before I go any further. I'll start training all psychic, bug, ghost, etc teams to stretch out the play time.

I haven't lost a match once and I beat all 8 gyms. The game is well worth my money but I wish it was more challenging. I also feel like the game just tells you to go from gym to gym without much story in-between. Remember in Gold and Silver when Team Rocket had their plans with the radio tower and the player had to stop them? Team Yell has not contributed much so far.

I think I'll train up some weaker pokemon before I go any further. I'll start training all psychic, bug, ghost, etc teams to stretch out the play time.
So I beat the League and finished the main story...

I thought it was okay. It's certainly better than X/Y, but I thought Sun/Moon was a little better. Team Yell were so inconsequential in the overall plot that they're probably the second worst "evil team" with Team Flare as the worst. I think everyone called Rose being the main antagonist when first announced, so I was really disappointed by the lack of a twist with the villain like Lusamine in Sun/Moon.

The battle against Eternatus was actually pretty awesome and fighting alongside the mascot legendaries was cool. Poison/Dragon is an interesting type combo and a reason why I like Dragalge.

Leon was SO EASY until his Dragapult came out. He knew how to counter its weaknesses. Thank god I had Coalossal and Corviknight to body its attacks. Anyway he was a better Champion than Diantha by far. I did miss the Elite Four though. :(

So final thoughts... I liked the Pokemon this generation. Many had great designs like Toxtricity, Corviknight, and Drednaw. And some were downright morbid... Galarian Corsola.

I wanted to like the Gyms and Gym Leaders far more than I did. I liked Nessa, Opal, Piers, Kabu, and Melony. Everyone else was boring to me and didn't leave much of an impression. Not even Raihan being a selfie junkie could make me care about him. Also really lazy with the badge names.

Finally, they really need to strengthen the rivals. I liked Bede's character development, loved Marnie and her possible crush on our character, and Hop felt like British Barry from Diamond/Pearl or Hau. They tried to do the jerk rival again with Bede, but it didn't work for me since he wasn't diverse with his team being mostly Psychic then Fairy Pokemon.

yeah I get that. I’m about to challenge Leon and I haven’t lost once plus there’s a bit of handholding but, to be honest, the target demographic is not just people who haven’t played a Pokémon game before but might literally have never played any game before. So it makes sense if they loose bad they might just choose to stop playing.

I’ve absolutely adored exploring all the regions though. Finally found where all the wailmer pods are! Maybe when I’m done I’ll just grow a team of unbeatable water types? I love water types!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"