It's Too Bad She Won't Lounge! But Then Again, Who Does?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized this year is my 20 year high school reunion

I feel old

tumblr_ojs7ykVAkj1uiitobo1_500.gif

Mine is actually this year too.
In my country, we don't have such a ball.

Interesting. So no formal get togethers with school or university friends?
None of that stuff. The most we do is casual gathering of old friends who we did not lose contact with over the years.

I'm not a fan of Brian Azzarello's take on Superman, he made him a little too on the emo side, and the story 'For Tomorrow' is not great.

None of that stuff. The most we do is casual gathering of old friends who we did not lose contact with over the years.

In Spider-Aziz' country, reunion goes to YOU!

I pray someone gets that 80s reference.

I'm not a fan of Brian Azzarello's take on Superman, he made him a little too on the emo side, and the story 'For Tomorrow' is not great.

I always put it into the category of comic stories that want to be SO important (And... There's some good stuff in there. Some really great observations and commentary on Superman) and different but in the end winds up amounting to something that doesn't satisfy as a super hero story and doesn't satisfy as a genre story with pretensions of high art. It's just vague and ultimately empty. Azzarello's a fantastic writer but he dropped the ball badly with that story since frankly from the first chapter you never really understood what was going on or the players involved. There's some truly fantastic Superman moments in the story. The confrontation with the Elemental giants is a particular favorite of mine. But it doesn't hold together as a full story and once you do piece it together it's generally underwhelming. I put it in the same category as FINAL CRISIS or Morrision's other mind fork SEVEN SOLDIERS, which... apparently to really get FINAL CRISIS you had to have read all of SEVEN SOLDIERS which... Sorry Grant. A universe wide defining event series at the end of the day should have at it's core a story that a fan, especially a long time fan can easily follow.... But I digress.

Love Lee's art in FOR TOMORROW. Maybe some of his best mainstream work but overall the series swings and misses hard for me.

I always put it into the category of comic stories that want to be SO important (And... There's some good stuff in there. Some really great observations and commentary on Superman) and different but in the end winds up amounting to something that doesn't satisfy as a super hero story and doesn't satisfy as a genre story with pretensions of high art. It's just vague and ultimately empty. Azzarello's a fantastic writer but he dropped the ball badly with that story since frankly from the first chapter you never really understood what was going on or the players involved. There's some truly fantastic Superman moments in the story. The confrontation with the Elemental giants is a particular favorite of mine. But it doesn't hold together as a full story and once you do piece it together it's generally underwhelming. I put it in the same category as FINAL CRISIS or Morrision's other mind **** SEVEN SOLDIERS, which... apparently to really get FINAL CRISIS you had to have read all of SEVEN SOLDIERS which... Sorry Grant. A universe wide defining event series at the end of the day should have at it's core a story that a fan, especially a long time fan can easily follow.... But I digress.

Love Lee's art in FOR TOMORROW. Maybe some of his best mainstream work but overall the series swings and misses hard for me.
The elemental giants is one of the things I do enjoy.

Agreed. I liked his Wonder Woman, though.
I like his Batman story.

Finally got around to watching Bird Box, I liked it. It's like the Happening, but it's actually a good movie rather than a terrible one. Seriously, the Happening was awful.

Finally got around to watching Bird Box, I liked it. It's like the Happening, but it's actually a good movie rather than a terrible one. Seriously, the Happening was awful.

SlowImpossibleBlackbird-size_restricted.gif

Ah crap, NBC Universal is now entering the streaming game with their own service.

The Happening should be re-named to the 'Its not happening surely'

I went to three different high schools in three very different states and I only keep in touch with one person. The last high school I went to was tiny and none of the people there were anyone I ever kept in touch with. At the 10 year reunion they sent me an invitation but I didn't go. I don't even live in that state anymore either. I'm a roughly 6 hour drive from there.

Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer is online, guys. Mysterio looks great!!!

268539_10150370152312571_4593877_n.jpg

I refuse to do that 10 year challenge so I'm only half assing it and showing one from 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"