iZombie iZombie General Discussion

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=111144

Based on the Vertigo comic about a coroner turned zombie who must eat the brains of the recently deceased to maintain her sanity, and uses the memories she absorbs to help her former colleagues solve murders.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/cw-pilots-jane-the-virgin-remake-identity-kurtzman-orci/
UPDATE: CW Picks Up ‘iZombie’, ‘Jane The Virgin’ Remake, Alex Kurtzman/Bob Orci Terrorism Drama To Pilot
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

UPDATE 4 PM: One of the most buzzed about projects at the CW this season, Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero’s drama adaptation of DC‘s iZombie, also has received an official pilot green light. Written by Thomas and Ruggiero based on the characters created by Chris Roberson and Michael Allred and published by DC Comics’ Vertigo imprint,. iZombie, from Warner Bros TV and Rob Thomas Prods, is a supernatural crime procedural that centers on a med student-turned-zombie who takes a job in the coroner’s office to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat to maintain her humanity, but with each brain she consumes, she inherits the corpse’s memories. With the help of her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she solves homicide cases in order to quiet the disturbing voices in her head. Thomas and Rugierro are executive producing with Danielle Stokdyk and Dan Etheridge. This marks the fourth order for DC and WBTV this season, joining series Gotham at Fox and pilots Constantine at NBC and The Flash at the CW. Zombies are hot TV commodity at the moment with AMC’s mega hit The Walking Dead, NBC pilot Babylon Fields, a remake of the hit French drama The Returned at A&E, and ABC’s midseason series Resurrection.

I hope they get Matchbox 20 to do the intro.

tumblr_myu7uwPdnS1sryheco1_500.gif

Charlotte! Luved her on CBBUK!

Glad this got picked up for a pilot, even though I stopped reading the title it was really good when I was reading it.

oh...so they're utilizing a loose take of the main character and putting her in a completely generic story that we've seen dozens of times before on TV. awesome.

It's a little more than a generic story. I don't know of too many series that have a lead played by a zombie medical examiner who solves crimes by eating brains.

Although I'll give you the "solves crimes as a medical examiner" shtick does get overused a lot. This one at least has a unique take to it.

If this takes off and becomes super popular, I wonder if it'll help or hurt the chances of "Chew" getting made.

It's a little more than a generic story. I don't know of too many series that have a lead played by a zombie medical examiner who solves crimes by eating brains.

Although I'll give you the "solves crimes as a medical examiner" shtick does get overused a lot. This one at least has a unique take to it.

well there have been plenty of movies/tv shows where someone uses their paranormal abilities to solve murders. hell, i think there was already one or two on the CW already.

If there are I don't know of them.

Robert Buckley is coming back to the CW.

The One Tree Hill star has landed the lead role in one of the network's most buzzed-about new projects, Rob Thomas' iZombie, E! News has learned. Two of our favorite TV Robs in one project? Count us in!

In the Veronica Mars' creator's new one-hour drama, Buckley will take on the role of Major, a former college football player-turned-environmental engineer who is the former fiancé of Liv (yet to be cast). While he's still in love with her, Major is attempting to make the transition to the friend zone and is described as perfect in a non-annoying way. (So...basically Robert Buckley?!)

Based on the DC Comics' property of the same name, iZombie focuses on a med student-turned-zombie who ends up working in a coroner's office in order to gain access to gain access to the brains she reluctantly eats to maintain her humanity. However, with each brain she consumes, she also takes in the corpse's memories. With help from her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she'll solve homicide cases in order to quiet the voices in her head. (So...basically zombified Veronica Mars? Yes, please!)

Buckley joins a cast that includes The Vampire Diaries and Alias fan favorite David Anders, Malcolm Goodwin and Alexandra Krosney.

http://www.eonline.com/news/518987/..._medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_topstories

Good for her. Sucks tinkerbell won't be sticking around Once. But she has to be the most successful ex Power Ranger which is even better for her.

I think anyone reading about the casting announcements up until this point probably should've figured that out by now.

yeah but to actually have it confirmed is saddening.

Not having read it or knowing much of the comic it isn't all that disappointing to me, although that quote about how the network execs were looking for a very specific "cool female lead" felt so blatant and pandering.

I have no problem with the idea but the way it was expressed came out terrible.

It's funny that they want the next Buffy/Veronica considering how CW treated Veronica Mars and WB Buffy. But at least it seems as if they will make this a priority to try to make it a hit.

It's funny that they want the next Buffy/Veronica considering how CW treated Veronica Mars and WB Buffy. But at least it seems as if they will make this a priority to try to make it a hit.

New management. What the last network head tossed out in the trash in favor of **** like Gossip Girl or whatever is what the new network head loves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"