iZombie iZombie General Discussion

JtV likely got renewed because of its buzz. It would be insane to get rid of the only show on their network to get a Golden Globe. Reign is probably big overseas, so there is more at play that saved them. If they didn't have those things, they probably would've gotten canceled so iZombie still needs to perform.

"Does iZombie share the universe [with Flash and Arrow]?" Pedowitz muses. "We're not sure about that yet."
http://www.adweek.com/news/television/how-dc-became-hero-television-deserves-162281

This is the first time I've seen anyone official at DC/CW talk about iZombie possibly being in the Flash/Arrow universe. I had always assumed the shows were definitely NOT in the same universe, so even discussing the possibility in public is a plus for me.

I think they should do it. They don't have to actually cross over (especially not right away) but it could only help iZombie if Flash and Arrow are connected to it. There's probably no story reason for iZombie to do it but there's not much in Flash or Arrow that makes it impossible for iZombie to talk place in its world.

I think it would be pretty fantastic for the show to cross over. Especially if there are "supernatural" elements that seep into Arrow.

I hope they don't. If you asked me a year ago maybe I'd be more open but not anymore.

It shouldn't and doesn't need to be connected. Not everything that comes from DC or their imprint needs to be connected.

Yeah, this being connected to either of those shows is kind of unnecessary to me.

Hell, the other networks like to crossover all the time and make it a big ****ing deal. That's their goal.

Arrow and Flash are DC and iZombie is Vertigo. Also David Anders was already on an episode of Arrow.

I don't see any downsides to putting iZombie in the Arrowverse.

Like I said, you don't actually have to have characters crossover. I think, especially in iZombie's first season, doing so would overshadow what they're doing on the newer show.

But I can't think of a reason not to put them in-universe. Being from two separate imprints makes it unlikely many characters would have a reason to show up in both places, so one creative team wouldn't be stepping on the toes of the other.

Just minor things like references to Flash/Arrow characters or locations in conversations, TV/radio broadcasts, newspapers, etc could really increase iZombie's profile.

I think they should do anything they can within reason to avoid another Constantine. The more comic book shows that fail, the fewer we will see. iZombie dying could affect the fate of future planned shows like DMZ, Scalped, Lucifer, Global Frequency, etc.

Last edited:
Arrow and Flash are DC and iZombie is Vertigo. Also David Anders was already on an episode of Arrow.

Warner owns DC and Vertigo... being from two separate imprints is a meaningless distinction when it comes to TV/movie adaptations.

And nobody would care too much about Anders showing up twice. Most probably wouldn't even notice.

Warner owns DC and Vertigo... being from two separate imprints is a meaningless distinction when it comes to TV/movie adaptations.

And nobody would care too much about Anders showing up twice. Most probably wouldn't even notice.
I know that Warner Bros owns DC and Vertigo and the only Vertigo series that I can think of at the top of my head that also take place in the DC universe is Doom Patrol, Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, and Sandman. If your going to have a crossover with something supernatural from a vertigo series into the same universe with the Arrow and the Flash, then it might as well be one of those three. They can just let iZombie be it's own thing.

I know that Warner Bros owns DC and Vertigo and the only Vertigo series that I can think of at the top of my head that also take place in the DC universe is Doom Patrol, Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, and Sandman. If your going to have a crossover with something supernatural from a vertigo series into the same universe with the Arrow and the Flash, then it might as well be one of those three. They can just let iZombie be it's own thing.
Again, I'm not seeing a compelling reason NOT to do it.

It could really help iZombie without hurting the other shows in any way at all.

They don't have to stick to how it is done in the comics. This TV adaptation is already taking tons of liberties with the source material; it's way too late to start being "faithful" now.

Seems like a more comedic Tru Calling.

Again, I'm not seeing a compelling reason NOT to do it.

It could really help iZombie without hurting the other shows in any way at all.

They don't have to stick to how it is done in the comics. This TV adaptation is already taking tons of liberties with the source material; it's way too late to start being "faithful" now.

Just saying "Oh! iZombie is in the same universe!" is not going to help anything if there is never a cross over. And not everything needs to be connected.

Just saying "Oh! iZombie is in the same universe!" is not going to help anything if there is never a cross over. And not everything needs to be connected.

I think it would absolutely help. It gives people who watch Flash a reason to check out a new show, which will air directly after Flash. It would get people talking about it on social media, in the news, in conversation, on fan sites, etc.

And once iZombie is established, they could do a crossover down the line. The Flash crossover episode of Arrow was the highest rates episode of Arrow ever.

And again, nobody has provided a reason why they shouldn't be in the same universe. There are no downsides. Just because "they don't need to" doesn't mean it's a bad idea.

Eh, I'm indifferent either way but I really don't see any need to link this show with Arrow/Flash.

I think it would absolutely help. It gives people who watch Flash a reason to check out a new show, which will air directly after Flash. It would get people talking about it on social media, in the news, in conversation, on fan sites, etc.

And once iZombie is established, they could do a crossover down the line. The Flash crossover episode of Arrow was the highest rates episode of Arrow ever.

And again, nobody has provided a reason why they shouldn't be in the same universe. There are no downsides. Just because "they don't need to" doesn't mean it's a bad idea.

Thank the gods you're not a network executive

thank you for that...
icon14.gif

Ah, if it isn't captain "doesn't present a positive argument".

How's that been going for you?

It seems like the only thing you do is state the way you want things to be, and never offer any evidence or arguments to support your position. And when someone says something you don't like, you just post cheap pot shots and plug your ears.

Ah, if it isn't captain "doesn't present a positive argument".

How's that been going for you?

It seems like the only thing you do is state the way you want things to be, and never offer any evidence or arguments to support your position. And when someone says something you don't like, you just post cheap pot shots and plug your ears.

Simmer down slick. You're no better than he is

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"