The Force Awakens J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars Episode VII - Part 3

They looks so badass. Actually intimidating and effective.

I am soooo looking forward to seeing the Flametroopers in action.

It was from the conference with Abrams and Kennedy at Celebration.

Film and TV Now - J.J. Abrams Star Wars: The Force Awakens SDCC 2015 Interview

J.J. Abrams Answers All Our Yes Or No Questions About ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ | MTV News

:funny: At the Holiday Special question

These interviews are pointless because they are trying so hard to not say anything.

These type of interviews get annoying... "I know I can't ask you anything about the story.. so I will ask you the dumbest questions imaginable"... At least ask more questions about the making of the film

:funny: At the Holiday Special question

#NeverForget

star_wars_holiday_zpskvjrb6lh.jpg

J.J. Abrams said:
One of the great things that Lucasfilm has done over the years is embracing the community of Star Wars fans, and it’s because they realize that it’s really the fans’ story. And that understanding, that sharing of information and engaging with the fans is something that I really admire. My instinct is to typically keep things quiet – and if I had my way, perhaps we would be showing less – but the truth is, I want to make sure that the fans aren’t feeling like we are holding back for the sake of it.

J.J. Abrams said:
I also have read more comments than I ever expected where people say, ‘don’t spoil it for me, don’t show me everything, don’t ruin the story, I don’t want to know it yet. And I’m always grateful for that. So it’s a little bit of a tightrope, and we want to make sure we’re being forthcoming, but that we’re not spoiling.

J.J said:
[The Force Awakens video and images officially released are] all, in a way, pieces of a jigsaw puzzle that is, little by little, coming together in some form. We’re doing the best we can to simply finish this movie, and make it as good as it can be, and at the same time, dole out moments and characters and images that will be in line with what Lucas has been doing for so many years. There are many things that have been seen that of course can’t be understood yet. Some things are throwaways; some things are more important. But the fundamental thing is the movie, and wanting to make sure that we are platforming and helping where we can, but not in any way ruining or divulging things that would make the experience of seeing the movie lessen.

J.J. Abrams said:
There have been ongoing pockets of crazy questioning and uncertainty, and I would be very worried if there weren’t. I’m sure that there are people who are probably far more capable, who don’t doubt themselves or where they find themselves, but I found that we were constantly questioning and asking and then when something was undeniable, you just go with it, and are grateful for it.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/14/star-wars-force-awakens-jj-abrams

A cool user name would be "Star Wars Junkie" that's what I feel like right now.

"Daddy needs his medicine"

Can you guys imagine the next trailer?

More action, creatures, droids, character and plot details including Luke and Solo.

Empire interview October 2015

J.J. Abrams said:
The narrative of [Star Wars (1977)] is brilliant: the propulsion of it, the unexpected nature of it, the way it makes you relate to two droids. It's remarkable how many things that movie does right. It's very easy to say that Empire has more going on aesthetically, more character depth, more revelation. But Episode IV, for me, will always be the more powerful.

J.J. Abrams said:
Getting too close to your idols, historically, is never a good thing. It was so near and dear to my heart that the idea of being involved in it frankly felt dangerous. But Kathy [Kennedy] asked if I would meet with her anyway. I fully intended to once again say, 'Thank you but no thank you.' But when I heard how she wanted to do this in the most emotional, character-based and authentic way, I found myself leaning forward and, just for a moment, imagining what it would be to direct a Star Wars movie.

J.J. Abrams said:
It is a preposterous thing when you think about [Star Wars: The Force Awakens as the 'most extravagant work of fan fiction in entertainment history'.] I can't imagine how many fans have told their own versions of these stories. There were so many moments where I would be walking back to the camera having just talked to the actors and I would have a rush of, 'How the bad place did this happen?'

Deadline - Stephen Colbert Will Gab With J.J. Abrams For Montclair Film Festival

It’s being billed as “Celebrity Nerd-Off” — Garden State trouper and ascender to theLate Night throne will host an evening with the Star Wars: The Force Awakensdirector on stage at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) in downtown Newark on November 21. The event, promising “a wide-ranging on-stage discussion of their influences, ideas, and creative work,” will benefit the Montclair Film Festival.

http://deadline.com/2015/09/stephen-colbert-j-j-abrams-montclair-film-fest-1201512815/

I bet they're doing reshoots, too. Movie is doomed!

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tx5z1kAFwQ[/YT]

Really interesting video about JJ's visual style. There's both arguments about his strengths and flaws.

While I do agree that JJ has some excellent sense of directing, I do not think that he is a good fit for Star Wars, at least based on his visual style.

Star Wars is about maintaining a tight pacing WHILE ensuring the scenes weren't too confusing.

[YT]7tx5z1kAFwQ[/YT]

Really interesting video about JJ's visual style. There's both arguments about his strengths and flaws.

While I do agree that JJ has some excellent sense of directing, I do not think that he is a good fit for Star Wars, at least based on his visual style.

Star Wars is about maintaining a tight pacing WHILE ensuring the scenes weren't too confusing.

I fixed the Youtube link. You're suppose to delete the youtube.com part. BTW, hehe, I don't think a movie like Attack of the Clones has tight pacing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"