The Force Awakens J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars Episode VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jen's probably getting a bit to old to be playing teenagers, she even looks too old in THG but then again so do most of the cast so you kinda don't notice.

Too young for Wonder Woman, too old for Teenage Skywalker...I can't win.

I think its an uninspired choice. Star Trek is so similar to Star Wars, why not hire someone with a completely different visual flare? I would've liked to see Disney think outside the box but whatever.

I'm stoked about this choice. The guy is a great director and creatively very smart and handles characters very well. In my personal opinion he hasn't made a bad movie yet.

Man the steam was taken out of my happy train when I read the rumour that a teenage girl will be the lead, no thanks!

Why not? Luke was only suppose to be 19 in Episode IV. Chloe is an amazing actress, and by the time they start filming she's going to be around 17. It's better then Hayden Christensen.

I understand the "uninspired choice" tag, but it's also a safe choice. A brilliant director who won't let the fans down.

It's still weird though; this is basically like a Baseball player simultaneously playing for the Yankees and the Red Sox.

Too young for Wonder Woman, too old for Teenage Skywalker...I can't win.
She's doing both X-Men and The Hunger Games, there is no room for another franchise. Also I think she plays a hollywood teenager just fine so I disagree that she is too old for Hunger Games. That's an arguement for another thread though.

There are other good young actresses who can play the role if the movie really is staring. a teenage girl.

Moretz has yet to impress me so I hope she isn't in the film.

JJ is a solid choice and certainly can be considered a safe choice. JJ must have been offered plenty of $$$$ to take the job though.

Let's just hope Disney let's him and the writers be creative and them control the story and overall tone of the film and not meddle.

I think its an uninspired choice. Star Trek is so similar to Star Wars, why not hire someone with a completely different visual flare? I would've liked to see Disney think outside the box but whatever.

I can see where you are coming from with this and I kind of agree.

Lets hope the look of JJ's Star Wars film is different than the look of his Star Trek films.

Otherwise.....Ooofff! :doh:

I understand the "uninspired choice" tag, but it's also a safe choice. A brilliant director who won't let the fans down.

It's still weird though; this is basically like a Baseball player simultaneously playing for the Yankees and the Red Sox.
Best analogy I've seen in reading these Star Wars director threads.

I do not want a young female lead. I'm sick of this trend Hollywood is riding out.

I do not want a young female lead. I'm sick of this trend Hollywood is riding out.

I'm sick of male leads and love that women can lead non romantic comedies now. Sucks to be you.

He talked about loyalty. So by his own definition he's disloyal.

@vile who cares at this point. it's not our problem.

And if you're worried about 'integrity', dude, we're talking about the wrong business.

He talked about loyalty. So by his own definition he's disloyal.
tumblr_me4t1mtSH71qzvua4.png

She's doing both X-Men and The Hunger Games, there is no room for another franchise. Also I think she plays a hollywood teenager just fine so I disagree that she is too old for Hunger Games. That's an arguement for another thread though.

There are other good young actresses who can play the role if the movie really is staring. a teenage girl.

Moretz has yet to impress me so I hope she isn't in the film.

Hunger Games will be on it's last film left by the time Star Wars rolls around. She'll also have maybe one film left on her X-contract. She'll have an open second half of the decade.

I'm surprised you are so hung up on this Ville. Personally I think that the disloyal statement was kinda childish of Abrams to make in the first place. I still don't know exactly how I feel about this news but I know that I ain't mad at him.

Hunger Games will be on it's last film left by the time Star Wars rolls around. She'll also have maybe one film left on her X-contract. She'll have an open second half of the decade.

Right now with her schedule, she has X-Men then she has to film 'Mockingbird' back to back. In between all of that, she has no room for any smaller indie projects for her, so I'd doubt she can do Star Wars.

If you're talking about the laster half, and the future SW sequels, that's a different story. But I can see her trying to branch out and do different things, what most young actors/actresses should strive to do instead of being stuck in tentpoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"