J-Stars Victory VS PS3/Vita (Jump Crossover Fighter)

Breaker

Civilian
Reaction score
No folks, this is not a sequel to Battle Stadium DON, nor a sequel to the DS Jump Super Star games. This is Namco Bandai's own unique medium. Granted, this is the second time Namco is doing a Shonen Jump crossover fighter, the first being Battle Stadium DON. But none the less, this game is not a sequel to anything, it's its own thing.

Anywho!

j-stars_vs.jpg

500px-J-Stars-Victory-VS-SS-01.jpg

8280900060_968ed477d8_z.jpg

5bpyfp.jpg

There are still more fighters to come:
547917_593611030650354_1813875761_n.jpg

J-Stars Victory VS is a Shonen Jump 4 Player Crossover Fighter with gameplay in the veins of Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale. Players can team up and fight along side one another in battle, or simply take the route of "Every Shonen Character For Themselves" 4-way royale match.

Last December in Japan, Shonen Jump held a voting poll in what character should make the game's roster. How it was done was that you had to mail them a letter, telling a listing of 4 characters who you thought would be best suited for the game. But you had to choose one of them that you liked best. And tell them why for find that particular character to be the best.

The voting lasted from December 10th, all the way to the end of January. Now its obviously over, and whatever characters are revealed, well, you'll know how they made the roster.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5jkim0c_Xw[/YT]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5jkim0c_Xw
Here's the first PV trailer, its thirty seconds but shows a nice glimpse of gameplay.

In terms of release, no date has been given. It could possibly be released this year, but with how slow character reveals are being somewhat. It could also potentially be released in 2014.

The next update on this game is suppose to come out tomorrow, or at least tomorrow morning in V-Jump. So expect a scan soon enough to make its way on the net.

Current Roster List:
Goku
Luffy
Naruto
Ichigo
Kenshin
Toriko

Not sure on how many characters are going to be implemented, but since this game is about celebrating the 45th anniversary of Jump. Expect more than 30+ characters.

Considering this will never come out outside Japan, I can't get too excited. I had a friend who imported the DS Jump games, and they were awesome, but sadly they never got domestic release. Kind of hope this might though.

Sorry for reviving this thread, but I just wanted to update with some new information.

Confirmed Playable Characters:
01. Goku Son(Dragon Ball Z)
02. Monkey D. Luffy(One Piece)
03. Toriko(Toriko)
04. Naruto Uzumaki(Naruto Shippuden)
05. Ichigo Kurosaki(Bleach)
06. Kenshin Himura(Rurouni Kenshin)
07. Kankichi Ryoutsu(Kochikame)
08. Gintoki Sakata(Gintama)
09. Yusuke Urameshi(Yu Yu Hakusho)
10. Gon Freeccss(HUNTER X HUNTER)
11. Sasuke Uchiha(Naruto Shippuden)
12. Vegeta(Dragon Ball Z)
13. Zebra(Toriko)
14. Taro Yamada(Chinyūki Taro to Yukaina Nakama-tachi)
15. Medaka Kurokami(Medaka Box)

Confirmed Support Characters:
01. Jaguar Junichi(Pyu to Fuku)
02. Misogi Kumagawa(Medaka Box)

PV 1:

Trailer 1:

Trailer 1 Extended:

TGS Trailer(Trailer 2):

Oh and I am super excited for this game now! I have been waiting for Medaka to be confirmed ever since this game was announced and now she is in the game! I was beginning to lose hope.

J-Stars-Victory-VS-Scan_10-02.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"