Revenge of the Fallen Jablonsky Out?!?! Linkin Park & Zimmer In?!?!

8atman

Civilian
Reaction score
http://www.latinoreview.com/news/transformers-2-gets-a-score-6690

Notice how the official trailer for Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen was very sound-effect driven with no music whatsoever? That might have to do with the secret that’s been kept for the past couple of weeks: Linkin Park is currently hard at work on the score.

Yes, Linkin Park. While I’m not a fan of the band I’m not bothered by the news. It appears that they’ll just be involved to the extent that they’ve recorded one song and will work on a few variations of it for the film. The score is also being worked on by Hans Zimmer, the award-winning movie composer.

So what do you think? Do you love/hate Linkin Park? Or are you like me and just don't care as long as there are more Transformers this time around?

Not sure how I feel about this, as much as I like Linkin Park and Zimmer's work, I was really looking forward to hearing some more of Jablonsky's score for the new movie.

i have been reading that Hans Zimmer was the teacher of Jablonsky. i have been reading that Zimmer was helping Jablonsky with the TF score.

i like the TF score. its IMO one of the best movie music ever created. its epic.

i dont want linking park in the movie so this is bad news.

Only song I care about... Transformers theme music. It would be awesome to have it playing on a radio in the background. You do not even need to add the words. All the geeks would freak with just a short part of the tune.

Yes it would be cool to have the theme without the vocals.

As dark b stated, Zimmer taught Jablonsky.

Hopefully the music is still similar in style with the first films soundtrack. I really liked a lot of those tracks.

Like I said before, I really enjoy Zimmer's work but I agree with the two of you that the Transformers score is probably one of my fav score's, very epic. I've found in the past that anytime another composer takes over for another, that even if the previous score was held in high regard the new composer takes it upon themselves to create their own new score. Maybe there is some type of legal stipulation or maybe its just pride. Anyways I remember being disappointed when Nolan wasn't going to use Elfman for the Batman score and found that I liked Zimmer and Howards work much better, maybe it will be the same with this.

Zimmer is a legend. there is no doubt. its very hard for him to make a bad score.
but i liked what Jablonsky did. i really do.

i am not afraid that Zimmer would do a bad score. i am afraid that it would be to much different.

but Zimmer is very good. and i mean GOOD.

well look at the music for the 3 Pirates of the Caribbean films. 1st was done by one guy who was taught by Zimmer but Zimmer did the music for 2 and 3 but kept all of the previous POTC themes and added some new stuff. If they do something like that for TF:ROTF then i am all for it ;).

Hahahahaha!

I think this is a joke.....

"It appears that they’ll just be involved to the extent that they’ve recorded one song and will work on a few variations of it for the film."

Does that jus not sound like a p1ss take to you?

Very funny though! Hahaha!

I think that the strongest aspect of the first Transformers film was definitely the music. I have high respect for Zimmer and his previous work, but I think that in this case Steve Jablonsky should have continued his legacy. That which he created is an all time masterpiece.

If this is true, then I'll be disappointed. Jablonsky's score for TF1 was great and I was looking forward to what he'd come up with for ROTF. Zimmer's cool, and his score probably wouldn't sound that different. Still, I would like Jablonsky to continue.

Im totally cool with the music decisons and I love linkin park so im really glad there coming back to do another song! :up:

you think Jablonsky couldnt do it or did they replace him with Zimmer? i think Zimmer wouldnt do this to Jablonsky.

As a big, BIG fan of what Jablonsky did for the first movie, this dissapoints me a lot. I hope to God they keep the same theme's, especially the Autobot theme and the Prime one.

i have been reading that Hans Zimmer was the teacher of Jablonsky. i have been reading that Zimmer was helping Jablonsky with the TF score.

i like the TF score. its IMO one of the best movie music ever created. its epic.

i dont want linking park in the movie so this is bad news.

Really? Maybe I'll have to actually listen to it some time.

As long as they keep the same themes from the first one, I'll be okay.

no no no. Jablonsky is still in, LP is working with him for some of it as well.
TFW2005 posted this story a while back

I love Zimmer but come on! Do we have to use the SAME composers for just about every big movie. Jablonsky did a great job and now that Transformers is a big franchise they pick someone else. Not cool imo

When we start seeing new Autos, I hope they bring back or at least remix the version of when they're all crash landing from the first one.

"Dun....da-da-dunnnn..da-da-dunnnnn...da-da-dun-dun-dun."

It's good. Zimmer is excellant and can only enhance Jablonsky's already great score. Linkin Park is doing one new song or two? No biggie. I like them but even if I didn't, it sounds like they're only involved in the same capacity as they were in the first film.

As much as I like Zimmer, I think they should just keep the came composer as the first one. Im not much of a score guy, but I think the score fit the film in the first movie. Having LP is just a commercial thing, Im sure Shia will play a song in the movie that ends up being a new LP song and then it might play again at the end ala T1, no surprise there..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"