Jack Ryan series (Amazon Prime)

If this thing's good, I'm gonna have to try and get my parents on it. My dad really liked the books, and tends to read them on vacations even after he's finished them once (even the ones so thick you can kill someone with them). And my mom likes the Harrsion Ford movies. Because they have Harrision Ford. It's not much, but hey, it might get her started.

Dammit,its only out in August.I was hoping for a much earlier date than that.

[YT]V69XYIRjKww[/YT]

'Jack Ryan,' Starring John Krasinski, Scores Early Season 2 Renewal at Amazon

The streamer is taking advantage of the actor's hot streak with 'A Quiet Place' by picking up the series ahead of its August bow.

Amazon Studios is taking advantage of the buzz around A Quiet Place star John Krasinski.

Months ahead of its series debut, the streamer and retail giant has handed out an early second season renewal for Krasinski-fronted series Jack Ryan.

Not set to premiere until Aug. 31, the eight-episode drama is based on Tom Clancy's popular CIA books. Krasinski stars as the titular character in the drama that follows Ryan as he uncovers a pattern in terrorist communication that launches him into the center of a dangerous gambit with a new breed of terrorism that threatens destruction on a global scale.
“With so much early anticipation for Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan from our customers and personally having the pleasure to preview the exhilarating, action-packed first season, we are excited to greenlight a second season of the series months ahead of its debut,” said Jennifer Salke, head of Amazon Studios. “The new season will take our unexpected hero to a new, exciting and dangerous world.”

[YT]1KsyZF590NM[/YT]

2 more ****in months....good grief I hope they pass by fast! I can't wait for this show.

Do they drop all the episodes at once like Netflix does?

I am pretty sure that an entire season of Bosch was dropped at one time by Amazon

Noomi Rapace Joins ‘Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan’ For Season 2

The BAFTA nominated actor will play Harriet “Harry” Baumann in the currently filming next round of the big play by the House of Bezos. The female lead character is described by Cuse as a “formindable” agent in Germany’s Secret Intelligence, who meets up with Kransinski’s Ryan in South America.

House of Cards' Michael Kelly Joins Amazon's Jack Ryan for Season 2

House of Cards star Michael Kelly has already lined up another cushy government job: He’s joining the cast of the upcoming Amazon thriller Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan as a series regular for Season 2, TVLine has learned.

Kelly will play Mike November, a “smart, seasoned career field officer in the CIA” who works with CIA analyst Jack Ryan (played by The Office alum John Krasinski) and Ryan’s boss Jim Greer (The Wire‘s Wendell Pierce) throughout Season 2. Jack Ryan — which debuts Aug. 31 on the streaming service and promises a fresh take on the iconic Tom Clancy action hero — locked down an early second-season renewal back in April. The sophomore season will see Jack Ryan “confront the forces in power in a dangerous, declining democratic regime in South America,” per Amazon.

More reviews coming in.

Amazon's Tom Clancy series makes an explosive debut

'Jack Ryan' Review: The Spectacular Anti-'Homeland' We Really Needed

To sum it up in a sentence, Jack Ryan gets everything right. It gets the human element right. It gets the tension right. It gets the drama right. It gets the action right. It nails everything anyone could want out of an espionage thriller right now.

Some are going to feel a need to stack it against the slew of Jack Ryan starring feature films that included Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford, Ben Affleck and Chris Pine in decades past, but doing this would be a mistake because this show is its own thing that mixes the best elements of everything that came before it.

I feel like we are waiting for S2 to come out

Are they doing all new stories or will they adapt the books?

Looks like Amazon released it a bit earlier, I'm 2 episodes in so far, and loving it.The Production value is top notch.

Looks like Amazon released it a bit earlier, I'm 2 episodes in so far, and loving it.The Production value is top notch.
I think Amazon uses the International Date Line. The same thing happened with Bosch.

They are really playing fast and loose with the source material. I wouldnt even call this an adaption. It's more like a reboot of the character. Some of the familiar infrastructure is the same but the little details are changed. For example, Greer is transferred to Langley to head the finance department because he screwed up in the field. He doesn't seem to be an Admiral. Ryan has been at the CIA for 4 years and has never met Greer. Cathy works in Infectious Diseases instead of being a surgeon. Jack is at the CIA full time before he meets Cathy and doesn't seem to be teaching at all.

Anyone else about puke when that guy started digging around in that corpse's abdomen and scooping out his intestines? I had just finished eating when I saw that scene.

Last edited:
Even though you are right about this may being a soft reboot still I am really liking this. I hope they or Netflix's does something to help out the Mitch Rapp series.

A few episodes in, enjoying it so far. It's hardly re-inventing the wheel, but it's competently written, well-cast, well-shot and entertaining. Krasinski makes for a good everyman action hero, but Wendell Pierce is the highlight so far, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"