Jackie Chan And Jet Li - The Forbidden Kingdom

This...really doesn't even need a plot.

bruce lee and jackie chan have already been in the same movie...

this is simply going to pale in comparison...

zer00 said:
Could be, "Ninjas on a Plane!"

It's about time. And yes, keep the guns out of it.

I got tired of waiting for a Steven Segal vs Jean Claude Vanndam vs Jeff Speakman movie. Now the first two are past their prime (don't know what ever happened to Jeff Speakman).

zer00 said:

Opening Logos

Alley Street

Jet Li comes into the Picture walking down Empty alley

Jackie Chan at the other end of the alley with Jet Li facing & walking towards him comes out & they are walking towards each other

They stop

Look at each other

Exchange some words

Start kicking each others ass

The fight eventually starts moving into the Public with them while fighting destroying things

They hear sirens

They exchange some more words

Both disappear

Then Opening Credits

Thats the start of the Movie

Jackie Chan and Jet Li, in the same movie! This almost screams Double Dragon! Too bad they made some horrid suckfest back in the 90's or else who wouldn't blow a load over a remodeled story with an older Chan and Li seaking vengeance against thugs and crime lords and anyone else who dares share screentime with them.

jackie chan and jet li should do a dragonball movie

chan is goku
li is vegeta

they do the fusion dance and BAM

BIG BRUCEY BOY COMES KNOCKING

:cool:

Odin's Lapdog said:
bruce lee and jackie chan have already been in the same movie...

this is simply going to pale in comparison...

I hope this is a joke. I know Bruce and Jackie were in Enter the Dragon but all Jackie did was get his neck snapped lol.

hmmmm....

So I wonder is this a team up or a show down? Any word, I hope it is a show down and of course Jet should play the bad guy if it is a show down

About Time!!!!!!!!!!

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

terry78 said:
Just get Stephen Chow to direct it and have them go at each other DBZ style.
best.....idea......evar!!!

anyone heard anything on this lately?

Jackie Chan and Jet Li in the same movie!? I've honestly been dreaming of this to happen. I can't wait.

ord0g said:
^ They've actually been trying to make it happen for God know's how long now. It's just that each other's schedules are always full and they haven't found the time to work together.

I remember when they were talking about it back when I was a Freshman in high school, I don't think it'll ever happen.

terry78 said:
Just get Stephen Chow to direct it and have them go at each other DBZ style.
or why not just make a DBZ MOVIE!!!!

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( .....x1,000,000,000,000,000,000

Yeun Woo Ping being involved gives me a lot of hope...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=21028

Chou Enters Chan and Li's Kingdom
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
June 13, 2007

Collin Chou is joining Jackie Chan and Jet Li in The Forbidden Kingdom. Lionsgate is the lead distributor on the co-release with the Weinstein Company.

Principal photography has started, with Rob Minkoff directing from a John Fusco original screenplay based on the Chinese legend of the Monkey King.

Chou will play the Jade War Lord. His credits include The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions.

They need Donnie Yen in there as well. His worked with both of them and would make a badass villian.

And while we're at it, put Tony Jaa in it as well.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news.php?id=2204

Chan/Li's Kingdom On Time
Date: June 16, 2007

By: Ryan 'The Rican with the Irish name' McLelland
Source: Variety

There's always a big lack of news on the weekends so I thought I'd report this story that came down the pipe yesterday for all you Jackie Chan/Jet Li/kung-fu fans like me.

It was reported that Jackie and Jet's big team-up The Forbidden Kingdom is now shooting and is running...on-time. Why report that? Usually when we hear from a film mid-progress it is because the flick is over-budget, running late, or the diva stars are partying too much.

So I guess a story that a movie is running on time is not needed but is surely good to hear - especially one with such worldwide box office potential.

The film is being directed by Rob Minkoff. He's not MY first pick for a kung-fu director - his credits include The Lion King, the Stuart Little flicks, and Eddie Murphy's 'they made THAT into a movie?' The Haunted Mansion.

However picking an American director (even one with no kung-fu experience) is probably a necessary thing - coupled with the plot featuring an American who finds a mystic staff in a pawn shop and is then transported to ancient China. There he meets kung-fu master Lu Yan (Jackie Chan) and a deadly silent monk (Jet Li) on his journey to return the staff to its owner, the Monkey King, imprisoned by an evil warlord - played by the Matrix sequels' Collin Chou.

The kid is played by Michael Angarano - known for his roles in Almost Famous, Lords of Dogtown, and the lead in Disney's Sky High. Angarano has some acting chops to him but is that enough to be on the screen with the sizzling Jet Li and Jackie Chan? Does having the white American kid in the flick help when it comes time to having the movie released in the States?

These are questions which I don't really need answers to. The movie is starring Jet and Jackie - enough to pull me to a theater alone. They are also joined by Jackie Chan's opera 'brother' Yuen Woo-Ping who has directed (Iron Monkey, Twin Warriors, Yuen Biao's Dreadnaught) or choreographed (The Matrix flicks, Kill Bill, Fist of Legend, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon) enough that audiences know he is the go-to guy for action.

The film was one of the most sought-after films at Cannes because it is entirely independently financed - thus making the film up to grabs for any and every studio. The $70 million is a huge budget especially by Hong Kong standards and since they are filming overseas that budget will get the most bang for the audience's buck.

So while the article didn't do much to wet appetites, it is at least good to know that the film is going well, that Jet and Jackie aren't out partying like Paris and Lindsay all night, and we all can expect a monster flick to hit theaters next summer.

I need to sacrifce a lamb to the movie gods to ensure we get an awesome movie...

I like Michael Angarano his a good actor but adding him to the story just screams token white american to sell this to america. Jackie Chan has said in the past that hollywood always teamed him up with people because they couldn't buy into an asian solo hero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"