Iron Man 2 Jackson Signs NINE Picture deal to play Fury

I think they should just split the difference and have the giant Triskelion along with some lesser craft as backup.

Wow,this piece of news blew me away.

A SHIELD movies sounds awesome.

Namor, more Hulk, who knows?

Black Panther, Luke Cage & Dr. Strange. I think Marvel will do some more Avenger tie-in characters after the first movie.

I personally would love to see a Luke Cage movie, get some New Avenger characters in the mix since the other big new guys to the Avengers (Spidey & Wolvie) can't be in these movies...yet.

Plus, he's my favorite black hero.

Black Panther, Luke Cage & Dr. Strange. I think Marvel will do some more Avenger tie-in characters after the first movie.

I personally would love to see a Luke Cage movie, get some New Avenger characters in the mix since the other big new guys to the Avengers (Spidey & Wolvie) can't be in these movies...yet.

I think Sony has the rights to Luke Cage.

Awwwwwww....

Well maybe we can get a cool Luke Cage/Spidey movie then.

Ah,...thanks. Is it inspired by, pay any homage to, the Kirby design?
They're basically realistic versions of the 616 Helicarriers. They look like flying battleships. You can see them in detail when the Nick Fury sends a fleet to Micronesia in Ultimates Vol.1.

HOLY MOTHER ****ING ****!!!!!!! NO WAI!!!!

Now we only need to kill Tom Rothman and all will be good in this world...
He might as well change his name to Nick Fury for realz...

Get off your ash Warner Brothers.... sheesh!!!
How can we have a comics war on the big screen when one side is sleeping!!!

They're starting. GL is coming next year & if that's a hit. DC will start firing the movies up like Marvel is.

SLJ talks about his deal

I sent an e-mail to Samuel L. Jackson congratulating him on his nine-movie deal with Marvel Studios and he shot back an answer right away: "Thanks for even caring. It's always a joy lose an eye, gain a patch and a really big facial scar in the name of character. Plus, I get to run the largest world-peace task force in the world, S.H.I.E.L.D. I'm glad that in the end we were able to reach across the aisle and put our differences aside and do what's best for the franchise and the fans ... & ME TOO!"

I talked to him by phone a couple of hours later (all of this was late last week, right before I left for WonderCon in San Francisco) and he said there was no false posturing in his dealings with Marvel; he had reached a point where he was quite sure he would never play the role of Nick Fury. "No one was more surprised than me that it turned around," he said. "It's great that it did."

SOURCE

I was just thinking about it...
it has him listed as making an appearance in the Cap. movie, so, does that mean by the end of the movie we will be seeing it set in the present?
or maybe the intro will start with Fury watching some old Cap. Archive footage, then go into it as flash back

I mean, how else could they work him into the movie?

Infinity formula... which is cheezy... but faithful. I was hoping they could somehow fit classic Fury in there if they wanted Fury in a setpiece.

I was just thinking about it...
it has him listed as making an appearance in the Cap. movie, so, does that mean by the end of the movie we will be seeing it set in the present?
or maybe the intro will start with Fury watching some old Cap. Archive footage, then go into it as flash back

I mean, how else could they work him into the movie?

well, technically Fury WAS in WWII. He's been around quite awhile.

well, technically Fury WAS in WWII. He's been around quite awhile.
ya, but given a modern time line, even if he was mid to late 20's during WWII he would have to be like 100 now
and even then, I doubt Sam would play young Fury in the war

Last edited:
I'm glad Fury is SMJ again I'm still waiting Hue Jackman to play wolverine in the Captain America movie too but this is great too.
I'm going to post Ultimate Nick Fury history to get an idea of what might happen did anyone read THE INCREDIBLE HULK: THE FURY FILES. The story is bassiacly:
about Nick Fury first meeting with the Hulk and his seash for the perfect super soilder serum and at the end he leaves the hunt for the Hulk to General Ross
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Nick_Fury
http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=10571
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ury+Iron+Man/+Hulk+fury+files+summary&spell=1
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/081031-tieri-hulk-fury.html

Awesome! Samuel L. Mother ****in' Jackson is the man! I totally creamed at his little cameo in IM. Can't wait to see him as a central player in Avengers and the like. Great news! :up: :D

I could be wrong but are Blade, DD and Elecktra not all due to revert back to Marvel???? I'm just sad that xmen and spidey are out at fox and sony, it would be great to see all marvel properties in one stable.

I could be wrong but are Blade, DD and Elecktra not all due to revert back to Marvel???? I'm just sad that xmen and spidey are out at fox and sony, it would be great to see all marvel properties in one stable.

If Fury ever returns in the post Civil War comics (he's in hiding)...
His civilian name should totally be Samuel L Jackson...

Stark: F... FURY!!! MY GOD!! (hides evidence of his screwups) ... where have you been?
Fury: Hollywood... didn't you see me in SNAKES ON A PLANE?

I never understood why Fury was in hiding in the comics. Do you think it's so that when he comes back he'll be black and look more like his Ultimate counterpart? Some uber plastic surgery to help him hide.

Also, his civilian name should be simply Sam Jackson. Marvel is based in a real world where Samuel L Jackson probably exists.

I thought he was around (and bald) during the Secret Invasion (I only read half of it)

Yes, you read right, NINE

Jackson Signs Nine-Picture Deal to Play Nick Fury!
Source:The Hollywood Reporter, Variety
February 25, 2009

Samuel L. Jackson has buried the hatchet with Marvel Entertainment, making a deal to play the role of Nick Fury in Iron Man 2, and potentially many other films.

Jackson's deal is a long-term commitment to play Fury, the leader of the espionage unit S.H.I.E.L.D. His deal contains an option to play the character in nine future Marvel superhero films, efforts that are expected to include The First Avenger: Captain America, Thor, The Avengers, toplining a possible S.H.I.E.L.D. movie, and potential sequels.

Jackson introduced Fury in the closing moments of Iron Man, when the character asked Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark to join his group.

Excellent :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"