First Avenger James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes: Casting and Discussion

i do like him as a potential name, also wouldnt mind to see anton yelchin.

i do like him as a potential name, also wouldnt mind to see anton yelchin.

After reading that the [BLACKOUT]Invaders [/BLACKOUT]might be featured I had an idea how they could introduce Bucky:
Perhaps Steve puts together, or is assigned to lead, a special forces team. Sort of a specialty squad of like the Howling Commandos.
Soldier Bucky Barnes could be one of those soldiers assigned to Cap's team. They don't wear costumes exactly, but maybe modified and special uniforms.
Bucky could end up working well with Cap and become is second in command, and a partner.

I think Bucky should basically a non SSS Steve but barley makes it into the military. I want Steve to see the potential in Bucky and all that stuff,

All they would need to do is adapt what Brubaker did with Bucky in the current series...and that IS a change from the original comics. I see no chance of them doing either however.

So no Winter Solider? :csad:

No, they absolutely should go with Winter Soldier eventually. All the flashback scenes Brubaker has written with Cap and Bucky in the current series? That's MY Cap movie right there. Cap as the symbol/inspirational leader, Bucky as the more typical soldier who is also the special ops guy, doing the dirty work that Cap can't do. So yea, I want Winter Soldier. Thought it was brilliant.

I honestly love the Winter Solider story, I think it'd be a perfect sequel, IMO.

some nice thoughts guys, yea i wonder how they will play out bucky and i would love if they leave it open/make us think he dies when everyone thinks cap is lost. So thne we could have winter solider show up in the present time or something.

YEah totally go the winter soldier route, brubaker made it pretty much made for movies. After cap has huge success on the battlefield the goverment want to give him a squad of soldiers, the allies put in the invaders( uniion jack, spitfire etc) and the US gives cap another american partner BUcky, maybe steve allready knew him maybe not, any way would be pretty awesome. Just do the propaganda piece too miex in with the covert spy/assasin bru made him in.

ANd my pick is for ben barnes to play him, he looks young and badass, JGL just looks scrawny

I wonder how he will be introduced as Cap's sidekick, or maybe partner, or team mate, or perhaps second in command.
There are several ways they can approach it, I had some ideas, but I wonder what they actually plan to do.

Pardon me while I post the BEST WAY TO INTRODUCE THE WINTER GODDAMN SOLIDER:

16iwtco.png

i could see them going either they are friends like some said. or just be a solider steve meets and develops a friendship with.

I'm 100% for Anton Yelchin as Bucky.

His role as Kyle Reese proved he would be a GREAT Bucky.

Yelchin would be a great Bucky...but can he pull of Winter Soldier? I dont think so

Emile Hirsch or GSL have been on my list for Bucky for as long as I can remember... I'm pretty sure that I suggested them both way back when... (maybe even first)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"