We need a couple more sequels:

Avatar: The Return of the Tree Hugger

I'm not surprised considering how he described Neytiri beforehand. They were probably going to be literally ****ing onscreen.

Yeah I totally believe that, one day, I will find myself sitting in a theatre watching The Quest for Eywa. That's totally a thing that will happen at some point. James Cameron is definitely going to live long enough to make that movie.

What is wrong with you?

This all seems a bit...ambitious, to say the least.

Yeah I totally believe that, one day, I will find myself sitting in a theatre watching The Quest for Eywa. That's totally a thing that will happen at some point. James Cameron is definitely going to live long enough to make that movie.

Haha, at some point. 2050, maybe?

Pretty much everything, but that's not the point. The point is that James Cameron is delusional.

Eh, people thought he was crazy before, and he proved people wrong. Twice. Both Titanic and Avatar even became the biggest films of all time at release (Avatar is STILL the biggest film ever). So I'm willing to see what he comes up with. If he believes he can squeeze four sequels out of this, then fine. He is a master filmmaker, let's wait and see.

Now for the digital wizardry. Poor ILM/WETA guys, some long hours ahead. :oldrazz:

I'll believe any of these sequels actually exist when I'm in the theater.

As hard as it is to believe Principle Photography of all 4 films is already finished.

Cameron ain't ****ing around.

Cameron says he has already shot Quest for Eywa, and the other sequels, so now might be the time to start believing.

Last edited:
Now for the digital wizardry. Poor ILM/WETA guys, some long hours ahead. :oldrazz:

The crunch may not be too bad. Cameron has had years to do pre-production and based on how quickly he finished principal photography of all 4 films I'd assume he had things planned out very very efficiently and things went very according to plan. Now that principle photography is out of the way they have 2 years to finish post production on the second film. That's longer than most film's entire production time. And theyve got 3 years to do the post production of the third film. And 6 years to do the post production of the fourth film. And 7 years to do the post production of the fifth film. Those are huge amounts of time to finish visual effects work and post production.

It took more than a year to shoot 2 and 3.

Oh yeah, no doubt they'd refined the tech in the decade (a decade, whoa!) since the first one. Still gotta be a crapload of human work-hours in rendering all that stuff though, doubt those people are seeing their kids much these next 2 years or whatever. Haha. Multiple Avatar sequels at the same time, Jesus.

That article says they wrapped on Avatar 2 and 3. I don't think they shot 4 and 5 yet.

11 years between Avatar and Avatar 2. :dry:

I am very interested to see this as this is Fox's one of remaining active film franchises that will be distributed by Disney in the next few years. And Disney's marketing could help this a lot.

I doubt they exactly need the Disney machine. Fox seemed to do pretty well out of it the first time around. :D

But yeah, the Mouse owning Star Wars, Marvel, and Avatar is pretty bananas. Nobody comes close.

Oh yeah, no doubt they'd refined the tech in the decade (a decade, whoa!) since the first one. Still gotta be a crapload of human work-hours in rendering all that stuff though, doubt those people are seeing their kids much these next 2 years or whatever. Haha. Multiple Avatar sequels at the same time, Jesus.

Maybe the people who worked 100-hour weeks on Red Dead Redemption 2 can help out :o

Well, he's giving a **** ton of people work. I won't fault the man for that, taskmaster he is.

AFAIC, I don't mind if it takes times, the sequels will happen and it is a fact. Will I like them ? I don't know but based on the first movie there is, yet, no reason I will not.
I'm a fan of Avatar, being a fan involves a bit a faith and so far J.Cameron delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"