James Dean Resurrected for New Film

This is gonna turn out to be a disaster and I won't feel sorry for any of these people.

His family estate must think it's cool. I mean I assume they were asked for their blessings or permission

His family estate must think it's cool. I mean I assume they were asked for their blessings or permission

They did, they said they believe this to be his fourth movie. The money must be nice.

So is he gonna have a voice double?

This can't recreate his acting.

I don't have a problem with something like Tarkin in Rogue One (in concept anyway, we can debate the CGI and whatever), but this seems creepy.

Just get Jim Carrey. Basically the same thing this is...

Jim Carrey as Jack Nicholson as James Dean.

Whether or not it's immoral, you can't put this back in the box.

Yeah you can before it's too late. Change plans and just get any talented living actor.

They'll blow their budget and go through a lot of hassle for a cgi human co-star

I'm talking about the technology. It's not going away and it will be used on this or something like it in the future. This already started with Rogue One.

At least Rogue One was smart to do it for a one scene than making Tarkin a major character on film

I remember there was a cool James Dean commercial a while back and the cgi was damn impressive then, it then becomes lame as his image is used for some bank promo. Eh.

Rogue One was at least re-creating Cushing for a role Cushing actually took of his own accord.

Randomly making a CG James Dean the lead of a movie 60+ years after his death? Dumb. Beyond just the ethics of it... that's going to be an awful lot of money to spend on a stunt that people are hating right off the bat.

The idea might be iffy, but what if they go the BR2049 route? A stand in with similar features and use them green dots on their face and copy n paste the original on. lawd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"