James Gunn Is The Director!

Zionite1

Sidekick
Reaction score
Assuming Snyder is wayyy too busy/tired out with the JL movies who would you want to be his replacement for the Superman franchise.

I think it's very very likely we'll have someone else directing Man of Steel 2. Who? I have no idea, by then there could be a director whose burst out with some great films that we don't really know yet.

Hi, everyone. :)

I think if Superman vs Batman (or is it vice versa?) does well, they'll do everything to keep Snyder on the chair. That's how it happens most of times. Now, if Snyder wants to quit, it's his call, but I see execs showing him a truck loaded with money.

Cheers.

Matt Reeves? He still seems like a director for hire, unless Apes has sated his franchise needs. But I like his style: character-centered, emotional, smart... He's cut from the JJ Abrams cloth (they know each other since kids, they co-created Felicity, etc) which I see as a big plus. If he brings what he brought to Apes 2, MOS 2 could be sth special.

Just by itself, a change would be exciting. Snyder's just not the best fit for Superman.

Matt Reeves? He still seems like a director for hire, unless Apes has sated his franchise needs. But I like his style: character-centered, emotional, smart... He's cut from the JJ Abrams cloth (they know each other since kids, they co-created Felicity, etc) which I see as a big plus. If he brings what he brought to Apes 2, MOS 2 could be sth special.

Just by itself, a change would be exciting. Snyder's just not the best fit for Superman.

Yeah hed be great fit for the franchise.

Either him or Duncan Jones.

I thought this was an announcment lol :'(

Even thought they said a standalone film will be 2016-2020, I think it's more likely on the back end. 2018-2020. So we'll have plenty of time speculating on a director.

George Miller
JJ Abrams
Roger Spottiswoode
Lee Tamahori
Ben Affleck
Mike Newell
David Yates
Marc Forster
Sam Mendes

I wouldn't mind any of the following.

Duncan Jones
Matthew Vaughn
JJ Abrams
Brad Bird
Matt Reeves
George Miller

Tim Burton anyone? Or has that ship sailed? :(

Tim Burton anyone? Or has that ship sailed? :(

What's the appeal in a Burton Superman? I wouldn't wanna see that personally. Duncan Jones stands out to me as guy who could work really well in this. I just hope whoever it is does a better job than Snyder and Goyer.

That could mean anything. It's not like they set the bar very high.

Am I the only one who prefers to keep Snyder on the MoS sequel and get someone else to direct the second Justice League?

Am I the only one who prefers to keep Snyder on the MoS sequel and get someone else to direct the second Justice League?

Not me. To me, Man of Steel was proof that Snyder was not the best fit for Superman. I think his talents are better suited to a big event film than a solo film, character piece.

Not me. To me, Man of Steel was proof that Snyder was not the best fit for Superman. I think his talents are better suited to a big event film than a solo film, character piece.

I dunno. I liked MoS and you clearly didn't so it's difficult to find common ground. I thought the only problem with MoS was it's choppy storyline and that was in no small part due to the fact that the Theatrical Cut was way smaller than Snyder's cut. And they seem to be retroactively dealing with the death and destruction issues in MoS some people had a problem with.

I care about Superman as an individual more than I care about the Justice League as a team. I'd be perfectly content to let Snyder direct the Justice League movies if it meant getting a better director for Superman.

If Ben's doing Batman why can't Henry direct his solo? :awesome:

Snyder needs to pass this reigns to someone else.

-George Miller
-Guillermo del Toro. I would love to see him tackle Doomsday. Or Brainiac.
Just imagine: Grant Morrison on the script, GDT directing...
-Kerry Conran

Abrams, because he's the new Spielberg.

Aronofsky could work to, I liked Noah very much. I believe the character needs somewhat of a biblical, "end of the world" tone to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"