James Mangold's “Ford v Ferrari” (Damon, Bale)

So wait, Damon & Bale are not playing the titular Ford & Ferrari (or at least important figures in either camp). Lmao, I thought they'll be pitted against each other.

That's what was said before. They threw us off.

So wait, Damon & Bale are not playing the titular Ford & Ferrari (or at least important figures in either camp). Lmao, I thought they'll be pitted against each other.

That's what I thought way back when, but nope, they're on the same side. Bale is playing British race car driver Ken Miles and Damon is playing automotive designer Carroll Shelby, who worked for Henry Ford II (Tracy Letts) and Lee Iacocca (Jon Bernthal).

Remo Girone is listed in the cast as Enzo Ferrari.

The confusing part for me was at one point Bale was attached to play Ferrari in a biopic for Michael Mann. Don’t know what happened with that.

What a ripoff!

But it sets up an epic clash of movie star bromance, i.e Leo & Brad vs Damon & Bale.

Ford v Ferrari & Once Upon a Time in Hollywood will also fight for the 'dad movie event of the year crown'. It is on!

Man, I wish this movie came out last weekend. My dad worships Carroll Shelby and it would have been a cool Father’s Day present to take him to see this. I got him the book (Go Like Hell) a few years back and he loved it.

This will be at the TIFF but will most likely premiere at Telluride and it’s 151 mins long. :wow:

Awesome. Glad the film seems to be as good as it looked in the trailer!

I don't personally care about reviews but good for the film that the response so far has been very positive.

I usually dislike biopics of all kinds, even better ones, but this one has something about it.

This looks like a dad movie in the best way possible. I thought Mann was still directing this.

rnvKhmi.jpg

Agreed. This really brings its personality out. This looks great, I'm looking forward to it.

This is a fantastic read for both Damon and Bale fans:

I lost it at them saying "Up Yours" and "Go To Hell" while toasting with the glass coke bottles lol

Yeah I saw the new trailer on the big screen when I went to see Joker and everything about it just looks fantastic. Really excited for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"