Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Discussion in 'The Amazing Spider-Man' started by Thread Manager, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]400533[/split]

2. FilmNerdJamie

FilmNerdJamie I'M MARY POPPINS, Y'ALL!

As per Variety

3. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Raul Boston's Dish Gaunt

:applaud

And he doesn't go back at his boss, who fired Brock cause the fake Sin Eater wasn't really a secret

4. spider-neil

spider-neil spins a web any size!

Since I've been watching movies, for me the most memorable and charismatic villians have been;

The villian in Die Hard
    The villian in TDK
    The villian in No country for old men
    The villian in The Matrix
    The Villian in You only live twice

I want a Spidey villian that delivers that level of gravitas so we can say we have been given the Spider-Man movie we've waited all our lives for.

5. Oscorp

Oscorp Well-Known Member

Someone said Electro's appeared in the 616 comics less than 10 times. Is that really true?

6. <(o_o)>

<(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

I could see them recycling Storm's line to Toad in X-Men, "Do You Know What Happens To A Toad When It Is Struck By Lightning, The Same Thing That Happens To Everything Else."

Now Electro's line to Spider-Man will be "Do You Know What Happens To A Spider When It Is Zapped By 1,000,000 Watts Of Electricity? That Bug Gets Juiced."

or

"With Great Power Comes Great Frying."

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  7. Spider-Ranger

Spider-Ranger aka Goran

No, he meant Max Dillon

8. Oscorp

Oscorp Well-Known Member

Nice avy <(o_o)> ;)

9. Nave 'Torment'

Nave 'Torment' Vigilante Detective

yeah im beginning to think that with the make-up and the heavy CGI any questions about racial identity will be redundant. Remember Electro from the MTV series?

10. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Raul Boston's Dish Gaunt

His picture was posted on page 40 of the past thread

11. Spiderdevil

Spiderdevil Well-Known Member

First one's great,especially if he says it in a cold and chilly voice

12. Spiderdevil

I like the idea of Electro being a disgrunted employee who is not played compensation for the incident he has

Though it looks like too small a reason to go on vendetta against the city but they can start building from there

13. SpiderMarvelite

SpiderMarvelite Well-Known Member

Maybe he's hired as a low level thug and experimented on by Osborn to kill Spider-Man.

14. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

Or perhaps he's a criminal with a mysterious past tied to Oscorp, serving a life sentence.

And he's offered a chance at freedom by Oscorp if he agrees to the experiment that would turn him into Electro.

15. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

I kinda want to see Electro as someone who already has powers and we find out how this came to be through flashbacks, but he's a special bodyguard for the dying Norman Osborn. Maybe if Dr. Ratha shows up in the sequel, Osborn sends Electro to kill him since he hasn't done his job with testing out Connors' serum or possibly for pushing Connors into making a useless serum.

I see these lists of memorable villains, and I gotta say...I feel that Hardy's Bane is very much underrated.

16. JOE

JOE _________________________

How so? His origin was rushed and fairly unexplained. His exit was terrible. He was way too hard to understand... He's not in any means part of any top 10 villains list, IMO anyways.

17. VenomSpawn

VenomSpawn WAAAAAAAAA

Tom Hardy's Bane had great screen presence. Any time he was on screen you knew **** was going to go down. I thought that made him a pretty great villain, just his mere presence was intimidating. And this is coming from someone who didn't particularly like TDKR.

18. JOE

JOE _________________________

True, but you had to pay attention too much to know what he was saying. Almost took me out of it. The way he gets taken out too is completely anti-climactic...

19. VenomSpawn

VenomSpawn WAAAAAAAAA

I didn't have any trouble understanding him. I agree with you about his death though, one of the worst parts of the movie for me.

20. PSYLENTGuardian

PSYLENTGuardian El Pollos Hermano

Really the only thing I didn't like about Bane in TDKR was his death.

But back to the Electro talk -- I do agree that racial identity wouldn't matter if Jamie Foxx is covered with CGI and practical make-up. I believe Ultimate Electro was also subject to racial ambiguity like the MTV Electro.

21. SpiderMarvelite

SpiderMarvelite Well-Known Member

Bane was cool of the time he was saying quotes and snapping necks.
    His "Origin" didn't fit with me, especially with him as a bodyguard an minor-villain to this big plan Talia-worst-movie-death-Alghul or whatever.

Oh and his death.
    Getting shot by "Catwoman"

[​IMG]

22. Anno_Domini

His origin wasn't really rushed at all. Only rushed through flashbacks, but through dialogue from either him, the man in the Pit, Alfred, etc, we got a clear cut origin of Bane being in the Pit through most of his young life where he saved Talia after her mother was beaten and probably raped and got himself beaten when Talia escaped. The only thing about his origin that really wasn't explained was the function of his mask, such as where the medicine he inhales is stored as it wouldn't make sense if you didn't read the notes about the medicine being stored in the back of his mask that isn't mentioned in the film. Plus, Talia being Bane's real Osito was quite a wonderful idea, imo.

Reading the bold, I'm actually surprised to read such praise for Hardy's Bane from you.

I never had trouble hearing Bane myself. But, I also understand Bale's Batman voice as well in TDKR and that voice gets flack as well, lol.

I always viewed Bane and Talia to be a perfect combination to the plan as they were the literal theatricality and deception that Ra's al Ghul taught Bruce about in Batman Begins, so I don't have a whole lot of bad things to say about that, but the death...yah, it could've been done much better and still have Catwoman being the one to kill him, which, imo, was definitely the best option as Batman wasn't going to purposely kill him. They could've cut out Catwoman's one-liner, though.

23. VenomSpawn

VenomSpawn WAAAAAAAAA

Oh, yeah dude I think Hardy's Bane is the greatest portrayal of Bane in any form of media ever. It's pretty much the only reason I'm planning on buying TDKR on Blu Ray. If it weren't for Hardy's Bane I wouldn't be able to give two ****s about the movie, honestly. :funny:

24. Anno_Domini

Lol, fair enough. But, imo, it speaks a lot to get a film because of the villain.

25. Spiderdevil

I feel people's standards for CB villians are really going down
    I find all three of Connors,Bane and Loki are average Villians,servicable at best

Yet I see so much praise for them everywhere

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.