The Amazing Spider-Man Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like a lot of people may be overlooking one thing about Electro. When Rhys Ifans was cast as the Lizard for TASM many months ago, they actually had a press release for him. They said that Rhys Ifans had been cast as the villain of the film. They didn't say who the villain was but they clearly said Rhys was the villain. Jamie Foxx, however, didn't have any press release. Sony's only confirmation of his casting was his name on Dehaan's press release. What if he isn't the villain? I'm not saying Electro won't be Foxx's character or that Electro isn't bad, but what if he isn't THE villain? What if he's very secondary? Just saying...

You dont cast Jamie Foxx to play a minor role

Heck, I'm fine with Electro. To put it simply, his power is a simple concept. Electricity. In my opinion I think it's somewhat of a generic villain power, but it's cool, right? It's a cool power to be watching taken control of.

In a recent interview Marc Webb said, "I think Electro is an incredibly visual, exciting, dangerous villain. There is a lot of appealing stuff that is going to happen as the world emerges.”

- With that said, I really feel they're going to make Electro a visual villain. I feel they're gonna take advantage of the electricity and utilize it with 3D. That's my two cents. I can't wait to see what they come up with. It can look really cool.

^
If Webb said that,then that answers that.Plus it makes sense.If your gonna have a power that is kinda been there done that,you have to make it different,and a black guy with a bald head has been done a million times as well.

People who think Electro is boring,the main reason he wont be boring is that Max Dillon isnt even explored much in comics,meaning Webb and co can mould his back story and character however they like.He also has a wide range of powers

This means everything we see about him will be totally new and surprising.
For other villians like Lizard and all,we already it will be reptile expert scientist turning into a Lizard.Same with GG.

People who think Electro is boring,the main reason he wont be boring is that Max Dillon isnt even explored much in comics,meaning Webb and co can mould his back story and character however they like.He also has a wide range of powers

To play devil's advocate...wasn't the same done with Flint Marko? Look how that turned out.

To play devil's advocate...wasn't the same done with Flint Marko? Look how that turned out.
Yeah, but we are talking about a completely different director and vision. I'm sure Webb will do a great job with Electro.

You liked it?

I felt like the reboot needed a much more powerful score.
I loved the score. I didn't think it needed to be powerful. Spidey never needs to have this over-powering score. For TDK Trilogy it worked, but for Spidey it would be awkward, in my opinion, with this huge powerful score. I think a simple/emotion type of score was perfect for TASM

Raimi's trilogy had a VERY powerful Spider-Man score, though.

While Webb's had to call for something different, it just didn't feel "right" to me.

I actually don't think the backstory they gave Sandman was bad, it just suffered from lack of screen time.

But I see what you mean. It can work out and sometimes it doesn't. The character of Eddie Brock was greatly expanded upon in the 90's TAS and even more so in TSSM, making him an infinitely more interesting character in both interpretations then the comic version.

The nice thing about Electro is that it's not like his character is all that interesting in the comics, so if the change isn't that great, I doubt it will be any worse.

You liked it?

I felt like the reboot needed a much more powerful score.

Agreed.

I loved the main theme, especially in the romantic scenes, but I feel the the rest of the score was WAAY to whimsical.

I wish they had had a proper theme for Lizard. Something to add to his menace.

I liked the theme, but wasn't too crazy about it. I just think its needs to be more powerful. Maybe for the sequel, they should remix it a little bit. Or they might just come up with an entirely new score altogether.

However, I am not crazy about most of the themes out there for the comic book movies. The only ones that really do it for me are Superman (Christopher Reeve), Tim Burton's Batman, & Sam Raimi's Spider-Man. Maybe the X2: X-Men United theme fits in there as well.

The only thing I didn't like about Young's score in SM3 is that he cut out part of the music at the end of the opening credits.

To be fair, he scored to what he saw, and the main titles were too short for it.

They could have easily added another 20-30 seconds of footage for the opening credits, but its not really a big deal. I was happy to even get the same theme with a new composer.

You're lucky Elfman didn't do anything about that too, he's the reason why SM3 has no score album.

You're lucky Elfman didn't do anything about that too, he's the reason why SM3 has no score album.

That explains it. Was that his way of getting revenge? Its funny because now he did the score for "OZ: The Great and Powerful." I guess he is Rami's friend again.

Is the character of Electro supposed to be african american?

Sorry, I'm not familar with the character.

Or did they cast a black actor to play a white character role? Something like Michael Clark Duncan as Kingpin in Daredevil?

And is Electro the only main villain? Or will there be a secondary villain, Green Goblin to carry out the death of Gwen Stacy in the sequel?

Raimi's trilogy had a VERY powerful Spider-Man score, though.

While Webb's had to call for something different, it just didn't feel "right" to me.

Definitely

That score was excellent

Horner's overall score was alright but the Theme song itself was pathetic imo

I was gonna mention that,if it is done wrongly,it can turn out to be terrible like Sandman in SM3

But I do believe it can be done well too.
Sandman was bad because they tried to fit in 3 villians and he didnt get enough development along with that stupid retcon.As long as they stay with 1(or 2 at the most) villian per movie and stay away from stupid retcons,they can do it right
Sandman actually had a Okay back story,it wasnt explored though

I actually think the strongest Marvel film score has been the X Men.

Is the character of Electro supposed to be african american?

Sorry, I'm not familar with the character.

Or did they cast a black actor to play a white character role? Something like Michael Clark Duncan as Kingpin in Daredevil?

And is Electro the only main villain? Or will there be a secondary villain, Green Goblin to carry out the death of Gwen Stacy in the sequel?

In all other media that I've seen him in he was Caucasian, I'm guessing Webb wants some diversity in the cast.

They haven't announce anything regarding Norman, but all signs point to an Osborn related plot for the sequel seeing as Harry has been cast. Seeing as that is "Death of Gwen Stacy" is Webb's favorite storyline I wouldn't doubt that would factor in the sequel. I'm still hopping Rhys Ifans returns as Curt Connors to be the mentor to Spidey/Peter like in TAS and SSM.

In all other media that I've seen him in he was Caucasian, I'm guessing Webb wants some diversity in the cast.

They haven't announce anything regarding Norman, but all signs point to an Osborn related plot for the sequel seeing as Harry has been cast. Seeing as that is "Death of Gwen Stacy" is Webb's favorite storyline I wouldn't doubt that would factor in the sequel. I'm still hopping Rhys Ifans returns as Curt Connors to be the mentor to Spidey/Peter like in TAS and SSM.

Personally I think diversity has nothing to do with it and they just went with the actor they thought could do the best job.

Jamie playing Electro is good news.He's a really good actor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"