Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Discussion in 'The Amazing Spider-Man' started by Thread Manager, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Picard Sisko

Picard Sisko Prepare to be Assimilated

I think Green Goblin will make an appearance at the end of the film. I don't know. We'll see. I feel like with Electro, there are so many cool things you could do with the character. Reason why people feel like he can't carry a movie is because he never really made such an impact on Peter's life (at least not that I know of). He was always a bit of that secondary villain. But I think Electro will tie into Norman Osborn, who will be like the "Behind the scenes" villain until the end of the film, or possibly the third.

2. webhead9707

webhead9707 Dr. Perky

Yeah, it's just.. The first film's biggest weakness was the villain. I want an awesome villain for the second that's a huge challenge for spidey both mentally and physically. Like Doc Ock or Green Goblin. That's what made TDK great.

3. GENERAL RAAM582

GENERAL RAAM582 A Rebellion Built on Hope

Joker wasn't too much of a physical challenge.

4. Picard Sisko

I think Electro will definitely be a huge challenge for Spider-Man physically. Lizard was slow, and couldn't move nearly as fast as him.

Mentally, I can't say yet. We'll see as we find out more about the villain. I think that since the origin story is overwith, they can focus a lot more on the villain's character.

5. A Necessary Evil

A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

He just didn't want any of his themes on SM3's score album, despite still getting royalties for it, if used. Young found that pointless, and things fell through and it went unreleased. (Save for a promo disc, and the bootleg of the complete score.) So, in a way, yes.

6. webhead9707

webhead9707 Dr. Perky

No but he got the dogs and goons that *did challenge Batman physically. To a degree anyway. I suppose really Bane was more of a dual threat. I should have went with Bane.:oldrazz:
    I definitely think he will physically. It's just that now that we don't have to spend an hour on the origin, I'm not sure Electro has enough substance to carry a whole film by himself. Unless they go the Doc Ock SM2 route and make up some stupid role that ties him into Peter. I want the villain to have substance and be good, but that doesn't mean he has to tie in to Peter. I think Kraven would have been great for the sequel. Or maybe Kraven and Electro together.

7. Picard Sisko

I don't think he will be tied into Peter directly, but he will definitely tie to Oscorp. I think he could hold a film. The movie has so many stories and plot lines to cover, it won't be a problem. If you really think about it, Doc Ock wasn't really a major part of Spider-Man 2. He was the villain, but the main story was just Peter Parker dealing with his own personal life, and Mary Jane.

8. webhead9707

webhead9707 Dr. Perky

True, that's one good part about it, the male and female lead have much better chemistry in these movies, they can hold a movie on their own much better. Still would like to see some others though. Just maybe Rhino or Shocker in a short opening sequence or something. I don't see why they never do that. It happened in the comics plenty.

9. Picard Sisko

I think they should have a small villain for the opening, like Spider-Man is stopping one of them rob a bank. Shocker and Rhino make a really good team.

10. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

This is a weird hope i have. That electro's masterplan in the film is somewhat comic like lizards in asm. Ideally, an amazing plot/conflict but still larger than life. Lizards goals were silly as balls and were probably the worst part of the film but if they make electros some deep philosophical quandary with real world applications it wouldnt match the tone of the first film.

Sue me for wanting to see him absorb all the electricity in the city. Woah. On that note i just thought it would be cool if his plan turned suicidal/genocidal. "I will unleash this pain on the city that created me!" says Jamie Foxx's character tears sizzling as they leave his eyes.

11. Picard Sisko

I don't know how far they want to go in terms of him getting revenge on the world, but I definitely picture him standing in the middle of times square absorbing all the electricity.

12. Arachnid

Arachnid The Spectacular Webhead

I have this vision that we don't know anything about Electro's creation until an after credit scene.

We see Electro in a dark room, after being defeated by Spidey, and "Man from the Shadows" appears.

Man from Shadows - "Max, Max, Max" *sigh* "You've disappointed me."

Electro - "...But Mr. Osb---" (gets cut off)

Man from Shadows (Norman) - *face appears out of shadows* "Now, now. I created you for this one reason and you failed. I guess I'll just have to take things into my own hands..." *sinister laugh*

Or something along these lines.

13. Picard Sisko

No, I don't think that would work. And you basically are re-doing what they did with the Man in the shadows and Dr. Connors.

But I do think they should start the film with Electro already having powers, and then showing his origin through flashbacks. It would be something different at least.

14. GoldGoblin

GoldGoblin Well-Known Member

Since the Lizard fight was on top of Oscorp tower in the first movie.Maybe Max Dillon has to fix that tower that was destroyed and maybe the Lizard's canister is still there and it sprays some chemicals into Max's face when Max bumps it with his boot as he is working on the tower.

Maybe the Lizard mist just gives Max a temporary healing power while he gets electrocuted so Max doesn't die.

15. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

I feel like John Hammond where only my lawyer agreed with me when every doctor didn't :funny:

But, yes, with The Avengers being such a big film financially and obviously critically, the shot itself of the Avengers members with that score blaring, it just felt so much like it quickly made a mark in cinematic history.

16. TheWallCrawler

TheWallCrawler hero or a menace?

James Horner actually said in the "behind the score" that "The action stuff is gonna take care of it self, but the part that is really important are the in between bits, the more quiet emotional parts"

No Horner, you can't think like that! In a score there are no less important parts, and quite frankly, the action stuff and the Lizard theme are the lacking parts of the score, so his way of thinking does show through

17. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Well-Known Member

this is the most interesting casting in a superhero film since ledger as joker. i hope it's superior to the humdrum first movie.

18. SpiderMarvelite

SpiderMarvelite Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the smaller, quieter music for the smaller emotional scenes, but the large orchestral pieces were good. Can be improved with more action scenes ( As Webb said) in the sequel. Horner better bring his A-Game and shock us like he did with "Saving New York" and " Becoming Spider-Man".

I'm ready.

19. AF3619

AF3619 You´re those Spider-guys!

you forgot "Promises/End titles" :woot:

20. Thwip!

Thwip! Well-Known Member

Hell yes he did :D :D

Horner's score was great, I think it fitted the film brilliantly and i cant wait to see how he handles TASM2

21. Jick

Jick Auxiliary Assistant

What I hope is that his plans aren't just for a petty revenge. Make it bigger than just go to a place and kill someone.
    If there is a plan, then make it interesting, like Electro's plan in the Enter Electro game, where he augments his power exponentially with the Bio Nexus Device and becomes untouchable.

22. Nathan

Nathan ...

That could be interesting. Have him work for Osborn, but his powers are always kept in check, guaranteeing that he doesn't grow too powerful. But Electro discovers they have the means to augment his powers and he forces the scientists working at Oscorp to improve him.

23. Oscorp

Oscorp Well-Known Member

What kind of arguement is that? Just because Lizard's plan wasn't deep, Electro's shouldn't be because that wouldn't fit? You even say yourself that Lizard's plan was the worst part of ASM yet you want Electro's to be as silly?

I like this!

24. webhead9707

webhead9707 Dr. Perky

And, if that happened, it would actually be justified cause for Gwen to get kidnapped. It could be a project of hers at Oscorp.

25. Oscorp

Oscorp Well-Known Member

Kidnapping Gwen is Green Goblin's schtick!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.