Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Discussion in 'The Amazing Spider-Man' started by Thread Manager, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

Hey look, someone smart enough to not ***** about what I said and actually say something worthwhile :up:

Indeed. He's a different machine and we need to see this obviously. I just hate the fact that Lizard wasn't shown as a feral beast.

2. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

:whatever:

Yawn.

Lizard never cared about killing and only did this because Captain Stacy is in the way as much as Spider-Man.

He literally just wanted to kill for the heck of it because of his nature in any other medium. Hell, he ate his son!

3. Picard Sisko

Picard Sisko Prepare to be Assimilated

Point is, Lizard killed someone, and you were wrong. Next discussion, anyone?

4. Spiderdevil

Spiderdevil Well-Known Member

And what's ironic is that he will defend the flaws of Nolan's trilogy to death even if everyone thinks they are flaws.
    And he invents flaws about anything remotely Spider-man

5. Oscorp

Oscorp Well-Known Member

I see what you mean. Lizard killed Capt. Stacy but other than that he didn't come off as a villain who would kill.

Though, that was the whole point of his character: his goal wasn't to kill, it was to make everyone like himself. The threat wasn't in killing the people, it was in turning the people into beasts.

So for the story it made sense. I would've liked to see him more beastly. I've said this so many times but I'd love to have seen him get into some kind of rage mode when in battles, and that rage mode would make him kill some people because he'd have no humanity during that moment. That would make him being able to be more scary, life threatening and intimidating without contradicting his motives.

I must say that I absolutely love your avatar! What comic is that from?

Haha that's extremely far fetched. Sure, Spidey shouldn't have left Stacy alone with that beast and on that point I agree that Spidey was irresponsible. But there wasn't much he could do, the clock was ticking.

There's nothing deep about that statement, Lizard killed Stacy, the end.

6. Rise_-

Rise_- Well-Known Member

Now you know how we feel when you keep throwing out lazy off-hand slams at TASM. There's having your opinion... then there's just being a *insert appropriate term here*, if you really have just BARELY anything good to say on a board full of people who loved the movie, just don't post here at all. Stick to the TDKR section, you seem to have a lot of good things to say about that.

7. Rise_-

Rise_- Well-Known Member

Although I do agree that we should have seen the Lizard kill more people.

8. Oscorp

Oscorp Well-Known Member

Had Lizard been more beastly and wild at times, he'd feel much more unique compared to the other Spidey villains we've seen in films. He'd be much more unpredictable. Kinda wasted opportunity in ASM unfortunately since he instead became more of that typical Raimi era villain.

I hope they up the ante with Electro.

9. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Well-Known Member

i actually thought rhys ifans himself as conners was creepier than the lizard. funnily enough i felt the same about dafoe vs his goblin persona.

10. Rise_-

Rise_- Well-Known Member

I loved Rhys's Connors more than I loved the Lizard.

I really hope Rhys comes back as Connors in a sequel, even if it's just for a cameo.

11. Marvel Spider

Marvel Spider An Insomniac.

No, because he didn't get the job. The tidbits he gave us were pretty cool, though.

12. Oscorp

Oscorp Well-Known Member

And hopefully CashforStash doesn't meet the same end :p

BTW, does CfS send those sketches in PM or will he post them here?

13. Picard Sisko

Although Lizard's plan was to help people, he would still kill anyone who tried to get in his way.

I picture Electro how Benedict Cumberbatch's character appears in the trailer to Star Trek Into Darkness. Obviously, something bad happened to him, like perhaps he got the "short end of the stick," and now he is getting revenge.

14. Oscorp

Oscorp Well-Known Member

I think he feels at home here.

15. GENERAL RAAM582

GENERAL RAAM582 A Rebellion Built on Hope

I still like TASM version of Lizard/Connors. It could of been better, but I thought it was a good representation of the comic character. Just missing a family really. Otherwise, I felt bad for Connors, and the Lizard wanted to turn people into Lizards. It was good enough for me. Usually origin villains aren't as good as sequel villains; ala Scarecrow/Ras < Joker/Two-Face.

16. Picard Sisko

Its like me going to TDK boards and talking about how flawed TDKR was. I'd rather be here talking about something I love.

17. Picard Sisko

:up:

18. AF3619

AF3619 You´re those Spider-guys!

i say the same and i agree,ALL the time he comes here to "Joke" about how bad was the movie for him , so if he wants to be here that means hating TASM is more important than loving TDKR to him ,lol

19. Picard Sisko

Heck, I don't even go over the the Raimi discussions and talk about how much I hate Spider-Man 3 all the time. No point.

Maybe he secretly loves the movie, but can't admit it! lol

20. AF3619

AF3619 You´re those Spider-guys!

maybe is the other way ,TDKR was so dissapointing that he thinks he loves it and channels his hate to TASM,lol

21. Picard Sisko

:lmao:

22. GENERAL RAAM582

I will be mad if Electro has any type of redemption in the end. I'm kinda alright with a good guy turning evil, even though that has done been done to death, but don't give me any Doc Ock/Sandman ********.

23. Picard Sisko

Yeah, I hope we don't get that. I'm glad that Dr. Connors wasn't really a "bad guy" because, even in the comics, he really is a good guy. So there was a reason for it in the film. But Electro, even if he was at some point a good guy, needs to stay bad. This is a villain I do hope we love to hate.

Question is, should they kill him off? Maybe Spider-Man can "de-powerize" him at the end of the film... nah, that's what he did to the Lizard. Maybe he will be imprisoned... wait, no, that also happened to the Lizard. But if they kill him, people will compare it to the Raimi films. Hmm....

Maybe he doesn't die and will continue to be a villain in the third film as well? Now that would be revolutionary for the Spider-Man films...

24. GENERAL RAAM582

I wouldn't mind seeing Electro, granted he's a good character, in the beginning of TASM3 to show that he's at it again. I always wanted a Spidey film to start with him battling a small villain like Shocker or something just to start off the movie.

25. Picard Sisko

He can be the main villain of TASM2, while in TASM3, Green Goblin kind of steals the show.

I really hope Dr. Connors returns in the sequels and continues to help Peter out, and become his mentor. They can further develop his character, introduce his family, and make up for lost detail in TASM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.