The Amazing Spider-Man Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was an SNL monologue, Jesus. Hell, a similar line is in the ****ing first trailer.

Ironically it's one of the few times the SNL Monologue has actually been funny in recent times.

Let's have a white guy stand up and make the same racial remark... I doubt anyone would snicker then. It would be on the news around the clock.

It was an SNL monologue, Jesus. Hell, a similar line is in the ****ing first trailer.

I agree. Nothing to see there but a tongue and cheek (and actually funny) monologue.

We all know it's a promo for the movie though. I hardly think there would be a reason for a white guy to say it.

Let's have a white guy stand up and make the same racial remark... I doubt anyone would snicker then. It would be on the news around the clock.

When a person makes fun of themselves it's not as offensive.

I would. I would snicker. Just like I did during this.

Actually one of my favorite SNL skits was Garret Morris's song about getting out of prison. . [YT]zGBw8jS3sMw[/YT]

Foxx seems extremely tame in comparison.

I don't really care for the things he said, but its just SNL. I love him as an actor, though.

We all know it's a promo for the movie though. I hardly think there would be a reason for a white guy to say it.

But there's a reason for a black man to say it? Can't stand this lame double standard. If it's taboo for one, it's taboo for all. And there is never a 'good reason' otherwise.

Last edited:
As long as people think and talk this way, there will always be prejudice in our world. I'm sure Martin Luther King Jr. would flip if he heard what Foxx said on SNL, even if it was just "comedy."

I called Sony Pictures PR department and voiced my concerns. They said they are getting alot of calls. There is no room for tolerance for this type of thing...especially in jest! I said I expect some kind of public response from Sony Pictures to this outrageous comment. Otherwise I, as a consumer, will be forced to believe Sony Pictures endorses this type of behavior.

You called Sony PR

over a joke

on SNL

Are you ****ting me

I called Sony Pictures PR department and voiced my concerns. They said they are getting alot of calls. There is no room for tolerance for this type of thing...especially in jest! I said I expect some kind of public response from Sony Pictures to this outrageous comment. Otherwise I, as a consumer, will be forced to believe Sony Pictures endorses this type of behavior.
28WNp.jpg

As long as people think and talk this way, there will always be prejudice in our world. I'm sure Martin Luther King Jr. would flip if he heard what Foxx said on SNL, even if it was just "comedy."

I don't think jokes help the situation , but some people will still be racist no matter what you do to appease them.

You called Sony PR

over a joke

on SNL

Are you ****ting me

And black people beat white folks for a Mexican killing a black boy in Florida. Excuse the h*ll out of me. What are YOU talking about? And you flip out over a phone call?

Where were you when Denis Leary was hired to play Captain Stacy. Some of his comedy routines were far more offensive.

And black people beat white folks for a Mexican killing a black boy in Florida. Excuse the h*ll out of me. What are YOU talking about? And you flip out over a phone call?

I must of missed something , but what are you referring to.

So you're saying that someone joking about, on Saturday Night Live, promoting their film which involves his character killing slave owners, is the same as someone physically killing a young man in the real world?

So you're saying that someone joking about, on Saturday Night Live, promoting their film which involves his character killing slave owners, is the same as someone physically killing a young man in the real world?

Once again how is my phone call to a studio out of line? Black people robbed and beat white people who were not even culturally connected with this individual who killed a black boy and your okay with that? But me making a phone call is outrageous to you? How is beating someone unrelated to a crime justified but my phone call to tell a studio I am not pleased with one of their actors not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"