The Amazing Spider-Man Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually prefer reading these forums to posting, and I must say, Batman in Spider-Man's section is pretty darn annoying lol

It's fine if you're asking, but I only bring up Nolan's trilogy when it only flows into topic. As you can see, I brought up Bane after someone mentioning memorable villains and I said Bane is underrated.

This is a comic book website. Comic book movies will always be able to 'flow into topic' if we follow that inherently flawed logic.
No way you can argue this: constantly bringing up Batman in a spider-man section is off topic and disruptive. End of discussion.
I usually prefer reading these forums to posting, and I must say, Batman in Spider-Man's section is pretty darn annoying lol
Agreed.

Spider-Man should make an EMP Device to stop Electro.
What exactly is an EMP device? Personally I'm sick of devices in recent CBM. I think it'd be more reminiscent of the ganali device than I'd be comfortable with. I'd prefer Spider-man to knock him out in a good old fashioned brawl after he dons a rubber costume or something like that.

Electromagnetic Pulse, it sends out a burst of electromagnetic radiation to produce a damaging current. It electronically shuts you down temporarily.

Spider-Man should make an EMP Device to stop Electro.

That would actually be a smart idea, imo. How else could he stop Electro besides maybe knocking him into a river?

This is a comic book website. Comic book movies will always be able to 'flow into topic' if we follow that inherently flawed logic.
No way you can argue this: constantly bringing up Batman in a spider-man section is off topic and disruptive. End of discussion.

Well I acknowledge what you're asking me, but that's simply all I can do because I will say what I want to say unless it's very disruptive, and so far, I have not been told otherwise by a mod. Needless to say, if we go by this logic as well, no one should be speaking of any other CBMs, including Raimi's trilogy, correct?

His origin wasn't really rushed at all. Only rushed through flashbacks, but through dialogue from either him, the man in the Pit, Alfred, etc, we got a clear cut origin of Bane being in the Pit through most of his young life where he saved Talia after her mother was beaten and probably raped and got himself beaten when Talia escaped. The only thing about his origin that really wasn't explained was the function of his mask, such as where the medicine he inhales is stored as it wouldn't make sense if you didn't read the notes about the medicine being stored in the back of his mask that isn't mentioned in the film. Plus, Talia being Bane's real Osito was quite a wonderful idea, imo.

Reading the bold, I'm actually surprised to read such praise for Hardy's Bane from you.

I never had trouble hearing Bane myself. But, I also understand Bale's Batman voice as well in TDKR and that voice gets flack as well, lol.

I always viewed Bane and Talia to be a perfect combination to the plan as they were the literal theatricality and deception that Ra's al Ghul taught Bruce about in Batman Begins, so I don't have a whole lot of bad things to say about that, but the death...yah, it could've been done much better and still have Catwoman being the one to kill him, which, imo, was definitely the best option as Batman wasn't going to purposely kill him. They could've cut out Catwoman's one-liner, though.

Not explaining his mask is like not explaining why the Joker was a nutcase. That's the biggest miss on the villain. It sucked. To say he's in the top 10 villains of all time is a complete fanboy-biased mistake, sorry.

Not explaining his mask is like not explaining why the Joker was a nutcase. That's the biggest miss on the villain. It sucked. To say he's in the top 10 villains of all time is a complete fanboy-biased mistake, sorry.

Joker was a nutcase in TDK just because he was as was said. So that was enough explanation to make Joker in the top 10 villains category?

It doesn't matter who they are, what matters is their plan. :oldrazz:

Actually, Bane ranks up there next to those ultimate villains from comics like Doomsday and Venom, or Shao Kahn. On film he'd be comparable to the Terminator from the first film, Sauron from LOTR, or Willard (to Batman's Kurtz). I think just because Bane wasn't as flamboyant as the Joker or readily "Batman's arch-nemesis" people were generally dismissive of him. But his role was never to become Batman's arch-nemesis, even in the comics, he wasn't "Batman's Greatest Villain" a role that's still kept for the Joker as a sort of antithesis to Batman. Rather, he's the synthesis of both Batman and Joker: rather than being the hero's opponent or foil, he's the hero's final monster: the beast that has to be slain. Usually this has always been a reflection of the hero himself: in the Revelations its the Anti-Christ or more specifically the serpent, that sort of animal symbolism that's been so much a part of heroic fables. For Achilles it was Hector, Perseus it was Medusa: it's that foe that the hero slays and then revels in and becomes associated with for his victory. It's interesting that this for Batman was not a Bat but rather someone who's also "trained his body to superhuman perfection." It's interesting that for Spidey it's Venom -- someone who closely resembles the same spider-totem that fuels ol' Webhead.

Electro is not Bane. He's not even Joker. He isn't the ultimate foe or the nemesis. He is, however, a representation of a certain type of evil that our hero is facing throughout his career. I think of him, from a mythical perspective, as Polyphemus to Spider-Man's Odysseus: one of the many grotesque monsters that the hero faces throughout his journey.
Scholar analysis to comics is always welcome in my book, it's one of the things I like about the movie Unbreakable, and -to some degree- Bill's view of Superman in Kill Bill Volume 2
Love your interesting posts Nave :up:

Ways to stop Electro on the top of my head, Either:

. Webbing to stop Electro somehow
. A new suit like the comics
. Knock him into a river/pool...
. Incase him in Tires (see TSSM)

Spider-Mans webbing could conduct electricity, he'll realise that and make new webbing.

Electro draining New York's power, totally blacking the city out ala Hurricane Sandy, would be interesting. The Empire State Building being one of the few remaining buildings with lights on was all kinds of epic. A torch in the darkness, keeping hope alive.

Since human brains have electricity running through it to make our bodies function.They could have Norman experiment on a guy to increase the electricity so the nervous system doesn't shut down.

But it creates Electro.

Love the idea of the blacked out New York but it would be annoying knowing where the charecrers are in darkness.

GoldGoblin just hit the jackpot, that't an amazing idea man.

I feel people's standards for CB villians are really going down
I find all three of Connors,Bane and Loki are average Villians,servicable at best

Yet I see so much praise for them everywhere

My favorite movie villains of all time (in no particular order to avoid an argument):

• The Joker
  • Doctor Octopus
  • Magneto (Ian Mckellen)

Can't really think of any others that really could make really iconic villains. I don't think Electro will make it up there, though its still too early to tell, but Green Goblin has an opportunity to be on par with the Joker. Depends on the writing and acting.

Electro draining New York's power, totally blacking the city out ala Hurricane Sandy, would be interesting. The Empire State Building being one of the few remaining buildings with lights on was all kinds of epic. A torch in the darkness, keeping hope alive.

That what basically happens in the SM2:Enter Electro game

He wears a device which gives an ability to power himself into a God/HyperElectro

The final conclusion is on top the WTC.

They could do a similar climax in TASM with the OSCORP tower instead of WTC,but since OSCORP has already been used in TASM,Stark tower wont be bad idea either.If Marvel and Sony agree to combine their universe

My favorite movie villains of all time (in no particular order to avoid an argument):

• The Joker
  • Doctor Octopus
  • Magneto (Ian Mckellen)
Can't really think of any others that really could make really iconic villains. I don't think Electro will make it up there, though its still too early to tell, but Green Goblin has an opportunity to be on par with the Joker. Depends on the writing and acting.

Mine would be

1.Ledger's Joker
2.DaFoe's Goblin
3.Molina's Ock

I think I am one of the few who rate GG higher

Just to clarify, I was referring to Ledger's Joker... lol :)

I loved Dafoe's Goblin, but I still don't know if I can say he is one of the best villains in the movies. I think it might be because of how much potential the character had (mostly in terms of costume) and that we couldn't see Dafoe act properly.

That what basically happens in the SM2:Enter Electro game

He wears a device which gives an ability to power himself into a God/HyperElectro

The final conclusion is on top the WTC.

They could do a similar climax in TASM with the OSCORP tower instead of WTC,but since OSCORP has already been used in TASM,Stark tower wont be bad idea either.If Marvel and Sony agree to combine their universe

Bad move. People will be asking "Where's Stark when all of that happened?"

Bad move. People will be asking "Where's Stark when all of that happened?"
We can't have another final battle on top of Oscorp Tower, that would be too repetitive. I think it would be really cool to see Spider-Man and Electro battle in the middle of Times Square, which gives Electro an advantage due to all the giant television screens and lights.

We can't have another final battle on top of Oscorp Tower, that would be too repetitive. I think it would be really cool to see Spider-Man and Electro battle in the middle of Times Square, which gives Electro an advantage due to all the giant television screens and lights.

Electro to absorb the energy of the whole city

• The Joker
  • Doctor Octopus
  • Magneto (Ian Mckellen)

It kinda sucks, because as I mentioned before, as soon as Ledger's performance of Joker hit, I feel like performances such as Molina's Ock becomes underrated as well but he was such an outstanding Doc Ock.

Just to clarify, I was referring to Ledger's Joker... lol :)

I loved Dafoe's Goblin, but I still don't know if I can say he is one of the best villains in the movies. I think it might be because of how much potential the character had (mostly in terms of costume) and that we couldn't see Dafoe act properly.

I also agree that the costume negated a lot of the potential that Dafoe had as the Goblin. Then again, I've always hated the Goblin character design (both the original and the Ultimate) but I have always loved Norman Osborn's characterization (he's like a perfect blend of Lex Luthor and the Joker).

I am excited that Jamie Foxx may potentially be in the movie, but I'm not too sure about Electro being the villain.

My top three villains would be Heath/Joker; McKellen/Magneto; Dafoe/Green Goblin. (Can I also throw in Voldemort?). Spider-Man 2 is up there with my favorite superhero movies, but for some reason I'm not as won over by Molina's Doc Ock.

Last edited:
It kinda sucks, because as I mentioned before, as soon as Ledger's performance of Joker hit, I feel like performances such as Molina's Ock becomes underrated as well but he was such an outstanding Doc Ock.

Ledger's performance was incredible, but his character was entirely different from Molina's Doc Ock. Sadly, it has made Ock underrated, as well as many other villains out there.

I also agree that the costume negated a lot of the potential that Dafoe had as the Goblin. Then again, I've always hated the Goblin character design (both the original and the Ultimate) but I have always loved Norman Osborn's characterization (he's like a perfect blend of Lex Luthor and the Joker).

I am excited that Jamie Foxx may potentially be in the movie, but I'm not too sure about Electro being the villain.

My top three villains would be Heath/Joker; McKellen/Magneto; Dafoe/Green Goblin. (Can I also throw in Voldemort?). Spider-Man 2 is up there with my favorite superhero movies, but for some reason I'm not as won over by Molina's Doc Ock.

I love the classic Green Goblin design, but I don't think it would fit in a movie. I HATE the Ultimate Green Goblin PERIOD. Though, Norman Osborn has always been an incredible character, and is very important in the Spider-Man (or even MARVEL) universe. I think the design of the Green Goblin's costume was really cool, as everything (including the pumpkin bombs) was more electronic and futuristic. Its just the mask that kind of kills it. I LOVE the Goblin in the movie, but that is just the one flaw that really could have been fixed easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"