Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Discussion in 'The Amazing Spider-Man' started by Thread Manager, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melvintwj

melvintwj Spoder-Man

I usually prefer reading these forums to posting, and I must say, Batman in Spider-Man's section is pretty darn annoying lol

2. GENERAL RAAM582

GENERAL RAAM582 A Rebellion Built on Hope

Spider-Man should make an EMP Device to stop Electro.

3. Juicy J

Juicy J Well-Known Member

This is a comic book website. Comic book movies will always be able to 'flow into topic' if we follow that inherently flawed logic.
    No way you can argue this: constantly bringing up Batman in a spider-man section is off topic and disruptive. End of discussion.
    Agreed.

What exactly is an EMP device? Personally I'm sick of devices in recent CBM. I think it'd be more reminiscent of the ganali device than I'd be comfortable with. I'd prefer Spider-man to knock him out in a good old fashioned brawl after he dons a rubber costume or something like that.

4. GENERAL RAAM582

GENERAL RAAM582 A Rebellion Built on Hope

Electromagnetic Pulse, it sends out a burst of electromagnetic radiation to produce a damaging current. It electronically shuts you down temporarily.

5. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

That would actually be a smart idea, imo. How else could he stop Electro besides maybe knocking him into a river?

Well I acknowledge what you're asking me, but that's simply all I can do because I will say what I want to say unless it's very disruptive, and so far, I have not been told otherwise by a mod. Needless to say, if we go by this logic as well, no one should be speaking of any other CBMs, including Raimi's trilogy, correct?

6. JOE

JOE _________________________

Not explaining his mask is like not explaining why the Joker was a nutcase. That's the biggest miss on the villain. It sucked. To say he's in the top 10 villains of all time is a complete fanboy-biased mistake, sorry.

7. Anno_Domini

Joker was a nutcase in TDK just because he was as was said. So that was enough explanation to make Joker in the top 10 villains category?

8. The Guard

The Guard Well-Known Member

I wonder if webbing conducts electricity.

9. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Raul Boston's Dish Gaunt

Scholar analysis to comics is always welcome in my book, it's one of the things I like about the movie Unbreakable, and -to some degree- Bill's view of Superman in Kill Bill Volume 2
    Love your interesting posts Nave :up:

10. SpiderMarvelite

SpiderMarvelite Well-Known Member

Ways to stop Electro on the top of my head, Either:

. Webbing to stop Electro somehow
    . A new suit like the comics
    . Knock him into a river/pool...
    . Incase him in Tires (see TSSM)

Spider-Mans webbing could conduct electricity, he'll realise that and make new webbing.

11. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

Electro draining New York's power, totally blacking the city out ala Hurricane Sandy, would be interesting. The Empire State Building being one of the few remaining buildings with lights on was all kinds of epic. A torch in the darkness, keeping hope alive.

12. GoldGoblin

GoldGoblin Well-Known Member

Since human brains have electricity running through it to make our bodies function.They could have Norman experiment on a guy to increase the electricity so the nervous system doesn't shut down.

But it creates Electro.

13. SpiderMarvelite

SpiderMarvelite Well-Known Member

Love the idea of the blacked out New York but it would be annoying knowing where the charecrers are in darkness.

GoldGoblin just hit the jackpot, that't an amazing idea man.

14. Picard Sisko

Picard Sisko Prepare to be Assimilated

My favorite movie villains of all time (in no particular order to avoid an argument):

• The Joker
    • Doctor Octopus
    • Magneto (Ian Mckellen)

Can't really think of any others that really could make really iconic villains. I don't think Electro will make it up there, though its still too early to tell, but Green Goblin has an opportunity to be on par with the Joker. Depends on the writing and acting.

15. Spiderdevil

Spiderdevil Well-Known Member

It doesnt in the comics
    But it also depends on the material the biocable is made of in this series
    Its upto Webb really

16. Spiderdevil

That what basically happens in the SM2:Enter Electro game

He wears a device which gives an ability to power himself into a God/HyperElectro

The final conclusion is on top the WTC.

They could do a similar climax in TASM with the OSCORP tower instead of WTC,but since OSCORP has already been used in TASM,Stark tower wont be bad idea either.If Marvel and Sony agree to combine their universe

17. Spiderdevil

Mine would be

1.Ledger's Joker
    2.DaFoe's Goblin
    3.Molina's Ock

I think I am one of the few who rate GG higher

18. Picard Sisko

Just to clarify, I was referring to Ledger's Joker... lol :)

I loved Dafoe's Goblin, but I still don't know if I can say he is one of the best villains in the movies. I think it might be because of how much potential the character had (mostly in terms of costume) and that we couldn't see Dafoe act properly.

19. melvintwj

melvintwj Spoder-Man

Bad move. People will be asking "Where's Stark when all of that happened?"

20. Picard Sisko

We can't have another final battle on top of Oscorp Tower, that would be too repetitive. I think it would be really cool to see Spider-Man and Electro battle in the middle of Times Square, which gives Electro an advantage due to all the giant television screens and lights.

21. Valkyrje

Valkyrje Monstah Lobstah

Electro to absorb the energy of the whole city

22. Anno_Domini

It kinda sucks, because as I mentioned before, as soon as Ledger's performance of Joker hit, I feel like performances such as Molina's Ock becomes underrated as well but he was such an outstanding Doc Ock.

23. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Dapper

Heaths Joker, Jacks Joker, and Willems Goblin.

24. gugumugats

gugumugats SKIDOOOOOSH!!

I also agree that the costume negated a lot of the potential that Dafoe had as the Goblin. Then again, I've always hated the Goblin character design (both the original and the Ultimate) but I have always loved Norman Osborn's characterization (he's like a perfect blend of Lex Luthor and the Joker).

I am excited that Jamie Foxx may potentially be in the movie, but I'm not too sure about Electro being the villain.

My top three villains would be Heath/Joker; McKellen/Magneto; Dafoe/Green Goblin. (Can I also throw in Voldemort?). Spider-Man 2 is up there with my favorite superhero movies, but for some reason I'm not as won over by Molina's Doc Ock.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  25. Picard Sisko

Ledger's performance was incredible, but his character was entirely different from Molina's Doc Ock. Sadly, it has made Ock underrated, as well as many other villains out there.

I love the classic Green Goblin design, but I don't think it would fit in a movie. I HATE the Ultimate Green Goblin PERIOD. Though, Norman Osborn has always been an incredible character, and is very important in the Spider-Man (or even MARVEL) universe. I think the design of the Green Goblin's costume was really cool, as everything (including the pumpkin bombs) was more electronic and futuristic. Its just the mask that kind of kills it. I LOVE the Goblin in the movie, but that is just the one flaw that really could have been fixed easily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.