The Amazing Spider-Man Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a thought.

I think it's very likely that Norman Osborn will become Green Goblin in ASM2 and kill Gwen at the end. That means he'd have a huge role in the last parts of the film.

I think Sony wouldn't want to have Green Goblin as the only villain in ASM3 if he already has his greatest scenes in ASM2. I think Green Goblin will be this villain that will have the largest role of the trilogy, yet still be "in between" other villains.

I think it would be extremely cool to have Mysterio have a big role in ASM3 after Gwen's death. He could be used by Green Goblin to **** up Spidey's mind completely, just to have Green Goblin take advantage of that later on.

That way we'd know that Green Goblin would be a villain in ASM3 yet still have something new and exciting to look forward to.

This! ^^ I agree with you so much on this! :D

Thanks I'm glad to hear that! :)

Mysterio is a personal favourite of mine and he'd fit like a glove in such a story so I'd love for that to happen.

EDIT: Spidey would be in such a rage against Green Goblin at the final battle. Not only was Green Goblin responsible for Gwen's death, he also dared **** up Peter's life even more after it. Yet Peter would show he's the better man by not killing him when he has the chance to. Though Norman would still try to kill Peter which ends up with his classic death of impalin himself (yes, Raimi did it too but I don't care since it's a classic).

Would be truly great in my eyes.

Last edited:
I just had a thought.

I think it's very likely that Norman Osborn will become Green Goblin in ASM2 and kill Gwen at the end. That means he'd have a huge role in the last parts of the film.

I think Sony wouldn't want to have Green Goblin as the only villain in ASM3 if he already has his greatest scenes in ASM2. I think Green Goblin will be this villain that will have the largest role of the trilogy, yet still be "in between" other villains.

I think it would be extremely cool to have Mysterio have a big role in ASM3 after Gwen's death. He could be used by Green Goblin to **** up Spidey's mind completely, just to have Green Goblin take advantage of that later on.

That way we'd know that Green Goblin would be a villain in ASM3 yet still have something new and exciting to look forward to.
I think that Norman should be a big character in TASM2, who Peter first gets to meet at Oscorp. Throughout the film, we get "hints" at him being the Goblin, and more hints about him dying. At some point, he finds out that Peter is Spider-Man, and at the end of the film (after the final battle with Electro perhaps, when we think the film is almost over)the Green Goblin kidnaps Gwen and throws her off of the bridge. Spider-Man screams out in pain and swears revenge on the Goblin.

Green Goblin's identity would not yet be revealed until the third film. His transformation should be told through flashbacks IMO.

I think that Norman should be a big character in TASM2, who Peter first gets to meet at Oscorp. Throughout the film, we get "hints" at him being the Goblin, and more hints about him dying. At some point, he finds out that Peter is Spider-Man, and at the end of the film (after the final battle with Electro perhaps, when we think the film is almost over)the Green Goblin kidnaps Gwen and throws her off of the bridge. Spider-Man screams out in pain and swears revenge on the Goblin.

Green Goblin's identity would not yet be revealed until the third film. His transformation should be told through flashbacks IMO.

This is beyond cool.

I think it would be pretty cool if Norman Osborne fakes his death and leaves Harry so he can live his life as the Goblin. Harry would think that Norman died, just like the rest of the world, so there could be a large reveal when Spidey unmasks Goblin in the final fight. They could even go the TSSM route and convince all the viewers that its actually Harry that is the Goblin this time and show him getting addicted to drugs and the Goblin serum because his dying.

I was thinking, if Gwen IS killed in ASM2, I still think Emma should be contracted for three films. I mean Kirsten Dunst was, so why not Emma? I was thinking, maybe she could come back as an appiration to really hurt Peter, or maybe someone could create a clone! Either way I would like to see Emma make an appearance in the third film in someway.

I mean, they had William Dafoe and Cliff Robertson in all three movies. Gwen as Emma should be there too. Even if she's dead.

Norman won't become the Green Goblin until the 3rd movie. The death of Gwen Stacy will happen towards the end of that movie, not before. I'm pretty sure of this.

The end of the 2nd movie will be a nice Goblin cliffhanger. It's more than enough having Spider-Man vs Electro (and his origins), Peter and Gwen's relationship progressing, the introductions of Mary Jane and Harry Osbourne, more backstory on Peters parents with him unlocking more of the mystery, and a possibility that he finds Uncle Ben's killer before the 3rd film takes place.

The 3rd will be a full-on Norman Osbourne/Green Goblin vs Spider-Man flick. Gwens death at the end, a Daily Bugle reference at the end, a love triangle between Peter/MJ/Gwen, more of Harry's involvement with his father. I'm not completely sure of myself with this one but im sure it'll be close to that. They COULD bring back Jameson in the 3rd but ill predict theyll hold onto that for the 4th movie.

I dont think the Venom spin-off will ever happen so im banking on Sony throwing in the Eddie Brock character in the 4th film to get the Venom/Symbiote storyline hyped for number 5. But they could surprise me and actually introduce Brock in part 3. We'll see about all of that.

Last edited:
I was thinking, if Gwen IS killed in ASM2, I still think Emma should be contracted for three films. I mean Kirsten Dunst was, so why not Emma? I was thinking, maybe she could come back as an appiration to really hurt Peter, or maybe someone could create a clone! Either way I would like to see Emma make an appearance in the third film in someway.

I mean, they had William Dafoe and Cliff Robertson in all three movies. Gwen as Emma should be there too. Even if she's dead.

I think that could very well happen, if Mysterio is a villain in ASM3 and Norman informs him about Peter being Spider-Man. Then Mysterio could use illusions/robot of Gwen to trick Peter into thinking she's back, just to take her away from him once again and kick him while he's laying.

In case anyone missed it, the press release about DeHaan as Harry Osborn, also confirms Jamie Foxx.

Jamie Foxx confirmed as well is great news as well!

Great and inspired casting so far! :up:

Foxx just spoke about the Electro role on Entertainment tonight. He said:

“Electro is a great character! I met with the director, Mark Webb, I met with Andrew Garfield, and we talked,” the Django Unchained actor continued. “I think Electro will be an exciting character to play because he's a … genius electrician-type person, and he gets the short end of the stick from the whole world, and the next thing you know he turns it on.”

I thought his origin was different. Didn't Connors also get "the short end of the stick"?

I like that short end of the stick thing. His persona has always been about being insecure due to being kind of bullied, or felt he was just a loser.

they are really using electro. wow that just dumb and boring

so we have till wait till the third movie, to see the goblin and the possible death of gwen

yeah that makes sense, when the cast stone i said they wouldnt have the balls to kill gwen off and its looking more likely

Trust me, they are killing Gwen Stacy. They have hinted at it just about a billion times.
I like that they are using different villains for this series. I don't feel too great about Jamie Foxx saying that Electro is a genius type guy. I don't know too much about Electro so correct me if I am wrong about him not being a genius. Hopefully Jamie Foxx's misunderstanding of the character doesnt really show.
Or maybe he just really respects electricians lol.

they are really using electro. wow that just dumb and boring

so we have till wait till the third movie, to see the goblin and the possible death of gwen

yeah that makes sense, when the cast stone i said they wouldnt have the balls to kill gwen off and its looking more likely

They've said several times that they are adapting the death of gwen. Just because it's not happening now doesn't mean it's not going to happen. You have to build to stuff like this.

ok if they will then when, if its asm 2 then the goblin will be forced in, if its electro that does it the fans riot

if its asm 3, then they end the series on a major downer, and be realistic this series will be a trilogy. then sony will just reboot it

personally i despise gwen as a character and when she was cast her death was the only thing i was happy about.

but thats enough of the thread jack. electro to me works well as a cool but pissed off underling but i personally dont think he can carry a film on his own

ok if they will then when, if its asm 2 then the goblin will be forced in, if its electro that does it the fans riot

if its asm 3, then they end the series on a major downer, and be realistic this series will be a trilogy. then sony will just reboot it

personally i despise gwen as a character and when she was cast her death was the only thing i was happy about.

but thats enough of the thread jack. electro to me works well as a cool but pissed off underling but i personally dont think he can carry a film on his own

Geeze get the stick out of your you know what. Try relaxing for once you might enjoy it. Cry baby. Complaining about a movie that hasn't even begun filming.

Someone can't complain about a film's villain, but you can call said person a cry baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"