The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the costume thing bugs me. I feel that a plain black suit is cheap and lazy. Do I want the classic costume on the big screen? No. The suit CAN be black, but give it more color with the green and yellow. I want something other than a plain black suit.

I also don't like the fact that he's going to be a fan of Spider-Man who eventually turns to a villian. He's describing the character as a guy who's obsessed with Spider-Man. Then something goes wrong and he goes crazy on the city. They're basically making him a sympathetic villian. That's something we've seen in every Spider-Man film.
Well his backstory might seem a little sympathetic, but that is because we have only gotten a glimpse of his backstory and not how he actually behaves. Also, which doesn't have a slightly sympathetic backstory. That's kinda why they become villains. At a certain point when the character does something extremely horrible, then that character stops bring sympathetic.

I just have a feeling they will force sympathy. He might kill a bunch of people, Doc Ock and Sandman did so too, but they will put some crap making it look like he's misunderstood. Spidey will forgive him, and off to the slammer or death. Again, we'll see in about a year. As of now, I'm just a little worried where this is headed.

So, whenever one of these people go on a shooting rampage, because they've mostly lead a miserable life and blame everyone else around them, do you find them sympathetic, or view them as little ***** who simply can't get their act together?

If you want someone who is simply pure evil, just be patient. Green Goblin will appear in this Trilogy.

Even the most evil people have some sort of crazy reason for doing whatever it is they do. I think he will be as sympathetic like the DeHaan from Chronicle, but not on Doc Ock or Sandman's level. He actually sounds like a guy that is quite disturbed if you ask me.

I just have a feeling they will force sympathy. He might kill a bunch of people, Doc Ock and Sandman did so too, but they will put some crap making it look like he's misunderstood. Spidey will forgive him, and off to the slammer or death. Again, we'll see in about a year. As of now, I'm just a little worried where this is headed.

I don't think that Spider-Man will "forgive" him, and what else would you want happening to Electro other than going to jail or dying? He could live throughout this film and come back in TASM3, but eventually something has to happen to him.

What else could they really do with Electro though? Make him a generic criminal who gets powers and decides to steal, or kill? If he just liked to see anarchy, and watch "the world burn," then everyone would be calling it a rip-off of Heath Ledger's Joker. Its really difficult to make a good villain in film who isn't just some bad guy who wants to do bad, or take over the world, and is crazy.

I felt he "forgave" Ock, Sandman, Harry, and Connors. I don't know. I just want Electro to be a bad guy throughout the movie. I don't want too much sympathy. I don't want any redemption of any kind.

I felt he "forgave" Ock, Sandman, Harry, and Connors. I don't know. I just want Electro to be a bad guy throughout the movie. I don't want too much sympathy. I don't want any redemption of any kind.

He didn't "forgive" Ock, he just tried to talk sense into him, and it worked. He forgave Harry because he was his friend, and understood that he was never really a "villain" in the first place. Peter also knew that Connors was really a good person, but he was being controlled by the Lizard serum. So once he was cured, everything was back to normal.

Sandman is a different story. He forgave Flint Marko for killing his Uncle, just because he was stealing money for his sick daughter, and he "slipped' when pulling the trigger.

As for Electro, it doesn't sound like Peter would forgive him for whatever it is he is going to do. We really don't know enough to determine this though.

1. Harry used to be his friend and he jumped in front of Venom, when he tried to impale Peter. Are you just going to be a dick to a dying man who saved your life?

2. Doc Ock, Peter had no idea how to turn the device off and instead of beating Ock further senseless, he tried to appeal to the scientist. Ock then voluntarily took the device down himself. Dying in the process. Who knows what would have happened had he survived. Maybe Peter would have insisted that he atones for his crimes.

3. Connors was under the influence of the serum. Which might have become apparent to Peter the moment Connors pulled him back up in his human form. There's not really a moment though that deals with Peter confronting Connors about the things he has done. We know he goes to jail. The whole situation is complicated because Peter provided the equation that made everything possible in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if he blames himself more than Connors.

4. Sandman, the only real case of Spidey forgiving a villain.

This is all gonna depend on who he is before he gets his powers. To me, he sounds sad and depressed. I want someone who comes off as a huge prick at the beginning of the movie. All we've had is good guys turned bad. Yes, you're gonna get that with most CBM, but it's nice to change it up once and awhile. I thought Iron Man did that great with Obadiah Stane. They slowly made him someone to dislike before he became Iron Monger over the course of the movie. I hope they can do that with Electro.

This is all gonna depend on who he is before he gets his powers. To me, he sounds sad and depressed. I want someone who comes off as a huge prick at the beginning of the movie. All we've had is good guys turned bad. Yes, you're gonna get that with most CBM, but it's nice to change it up once and awhile. I thought Iron Man did that great with Obadiah Stane. They slowly made him someone to dislike before he became Iron Monger over the course of the movie. I hope they can do that with Electro.

I don't think we will see that in Electro. But I feel like that could happen with Norman Osborn, who I feel like will definitely be just evil.

I like what I've heard so far and the black suit sounds good to me. I'm all for re-imaginings. When I first heard Joker was going have smeared face paint in TDK, I was horrified...but look how that turned out.

Electro is a much less iconic character, in terms of the general audience. The filmmakers now have more of a creative license to mold him to their universe (as they did with the Lizard although I was pretty disappointed in that outcome), whilst still staying true to the idea of the character.

Still not good the Jamie doesn't know the name of his character.

I don't think we will see that in Electro. But I feel like that could happen with Norman Osborn, who I feel like will definitely be just evil.

Probably not. That's how I like some villians to be treated. I hope the next time they do Venom, they slowly build Eddie Brock becoming a prick through the movie. SM3 really didn't do that with him.

I'm also willing to bet (and hoping) that Norman Osborn really isn't dying, but is obsessed with obtaining and perfecting that formula, becoming more powerful than Spider-man, either for himself or other means.

Maybe Electro will represent what Peter could have become, if he didn't learn to use his powers responsibly. Not saying they let a similar life, but Peter was a socially awkward person who got constantly picked on by bullies and Max is a person with self-esteem issues, who gets taken advantage of by all the people around him. Now both have powers. While Peter eventually learns to use his powers to help, Max lashes out at all the people who have wronged him.

This is where I like how Max Dillon feels better about himself when Spider-Man finally talks to him. One outcast to another.

I like what I've heard so far and the black suit sounds good to me. I'm all for re-imaginings. When I first heard Joker was going have smeared face paint in TDK, I was horrified...but look how that turned out.

Electro is a much less iconic character, in terms of the general audience. The filmmakers now have more of a creative license to mold him to their universe (as they did with the Lizard although I was pretty disappointed in that outcome), whilst still staying true to the idea of the character.

Still not good the Jamie doesn't know the name of his character.

I think that Electro has a lot of room for change when on film. Otherwise, he is pretty boring.

But I'm so glad and excited to see Electro on film. They're going to come up with some insane special effects for him and Jamie Foxx will most likely deliver an awesome performance. It's cool that they made a less obvious choice for a villain this time.

Maybe Electro will represent what Peter could have become, if he didn't learn to use his powers responsibly. Not saying they let a similar life, but Peter was a socially awkward person who got constantly picked on by bullies and Max is a person with self-esteem issues, who gets taken advantage of by all the people around him. Now both have powers. While Peter eventually learns to use his powers to help, Max lashes out at all the people who have wronged him.

I like this a lot.

Yes, the costume thing bugs me. I feel that a plain black suit is cheap and lazy. Do I want the classic costume on the big screen? No. The suit CAN be black, but give it more color with the green and yellow. I want something other than a plain black suit.

I also don't like the fact that he's going to be a fan of Spider-Man who eventually turns to a villian. He's describing the character as a guy who's obsessed with Spider-Man. Then something goes wrong and he goes crazy on the city. They're basically making him a sympathetic villian. That's something we've seen in every Spider-Man film.

Electro might be creepy and disturbed because he is an obsessive fan, rather then sympathetic.

Besides what would you prefer, that Electro is just some guy who gets electrical powers and starts robbing banks? Because that's just dull, you can't write a 3 act movie with a climax if Electro is just going to rob banks for the whole movie. Electro doesn't have to be sympathetic, but he does have to be compelling and having him just rob banks isn't anything.

I feel like if this movie was being made by Marvel/Disney, and they gave us the exact same news, a lot of people would be saying how awesome it is.

I feel like if this movie was being made by Marvel/Disney, and they gave us the exact same news, a lot of people would be saying how awesome it is.

True. It seems like people here want Electro to "be a prick", but what do they mean by that? Do they want Electro to be a jerk or do they want him be a pure evil monster who commits horrific acts? If he is just a jerk, why should care about him, just being jerk isn't very interesting in of itself. If he is monster, similar to Joker or Shaw, it would be hard to make a light hearted movie about him.

I wanted Electro to already be established so more time could be devoted to character developement rather than an origin. I wanted Electro to be bad for the sake of being bad not the sympathy angle (AGAIN).

* Peter
* Gwen
* Harry
* MJ
* Aunt May
* Electro
* Norman Osborn
* Bugle (maybe)

These are the plates the film makers are going to be spinning, think how much more time could be devoted to each if the origin was simply skipped.
You can suggest Electro's upbrining with what he says and how he acts why do you have to SHOW IT. Imagine how much the Joker origin would have slowed down TDK and what would it have added, really?

Ho-hum, what ever Webb puts on screen I will watch but the description Foxx give really feels like a played out stroyline we seen a dozen times.
They were hampared by the origin in the first movie they no longer have that excuse but it seems they LIKE being hampared with origin stories.

I wanted Electro to already be established so more time could be devoted to character developement rather than an origin. I wanted Electro to be bad for the sake of being bad not the sympathy angle (AGAIN).

* Peter
* Gwen
* Harry
* MJ
* Aunt May
* Electro
* Norman Osborn
* Bugle (maybe)

These are the plates the film makers are going to be spinning, think how much more time could be devoted to each if the origin was simply skipped.
You can suggest Electro's upbrining with what he says and how he acts why do you have to SHOW IT. Imagine how much the Joker origin would have slowed down TDK and what would it have added, really?

That's not too much when you think about it. In TASM we had...

- Peter / Spider-Man
- Gwen
- Capt. Stacy
- Uncle Ben
- Aunt May
- Dr. Connors / Lizard
- Flash
- Dr. Ratha / OSCORP > Norman

it's about the same..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread