The Amazing Spider-Man Jamie Foxx IS Electro

Status
Not open for further replies.
His forehead looks like cleavage...

goomba1.jpg

You shouldn't make that connection of goomba and black like that, why would him being black have anything to do with that? White people can look like a goomba to someone as well as much as any kind of guy can have a horse face or rabbit teeth. It's that "goomba? must be because he's black!" thing that I thought sounded more racist than his comment.

:doh:

ANY kind of comparison to a black man or woman is something I am against, period. I really don't care if a guy is white and is compared, but just a black man or woman. Just any type of comparison I just really, really hate. Always have. Anything that could be even thought of as racist I despise.

Maybe you would know if you've had someone you cared about die due to racist dukeebags that you soon start to hate anything that could be looked at such. To me, that goomba term sounded close enough.

I can't believe the nonsense around here. JAMIE FOXX CAN PLAIN OUT ACT HIS @$$ OFF!!! And he's going to be stellar as Electro as he was in Ray, Collateral, Law Abiding Citizen, etc. And this whole Goomba talk, really?

And

MessiahDecoy123 said:
The guy is strictly a comedy act. I wish Hollywood would stop trying to make him the go-to black actor.

You my friend must've bumped your head HARD!!!

I mean like REALLY?? I'm out!!

Oh wait a minute...

a goomba is that brown mushroom thing? I thought it was one of those turtles, which is why I found the connection so odd.

Oh well then I see what you mean. What the heck Messiah, I don't see the slightest how anyone can think he looks like a goomba :S

I think he's referring to the Goomba's from the Super Mario Bros. movie.

:doh:

ANY kind of comparison to a black man or woman is something I am against, period. I really don't care if a guy is white and is compared, but just a black man or woman. Just any type of comparison I just really, really hate. Always have. Anything that could be even thought of as racist I despise.

Maybe you would know if you've had someone you cared about die due to racist dukeebags that you soon start to hate anything that could be looked at such. To me, that goomba term sounded close enough.

I despise racism as well. But you mean it's more OK to call a white man or woman something. That's just wrong. It's not more or less OK to make animal comparisions to any human being.

So it's okay for everyone to say Lizard looks like a Goomba but someone says Jamie Foxx does and "holy **** guys we have a problem here."

I'm starting to think you might be a little racist towards giant lizard people, Anno. I'm slightly offended.

I despise racism as well. But you mean it's more OK to call a white man or woman something. That's just wrong. It's not more or less OK to make animal comparisions to any human being.

I don't care if someone wants to call me anything to be perfectly honest. Of course it's a big deal if someone calls any human being an awful name, but the term goomba towards Foxx, who's a black man...that just sounded unsettling to read.

So it's okay for everyone to say Lizard looks like a Goomba but someone says Jamie Foxx does and "holy **** guys we have a problem here."

I'm starting to think you might be a little racist towards giant lizard people, Anno. I'm slightly offended.

Man, **** giant lizard people :o

there goes DC's limelight if they make a Static Shock movie. i bet marvel paid sony to do it.

I like it. Foxx is going to have a great outing in Django and Electro is not a character that is so cemented that you can't give someone like Foxx the role.

Those that say no cause hes black and Electro is white, just need to die soon and realize we live in 2012 not 1912 and seeing these character being brought to life by anyone is a miracle and should just be looked at who is the better actor.

I don't care if someone wants to call me anything to be perfectly honest. Of course it's a big deal if someone calls any human being an awful name, but the term goomba towards Foxx, who's a black man...that just sounded unsettling to read.

As I said, I thought he was referring to those turtle dudes and thought he might see something in the face that I just don't because it didn't seem to have anything to do with his black skin or anything like that. But seeing as a goomba is one of those brown mushrooms which it's pretty much impossible to even look like the slightest in facial features it seems it was only because of the skin color in which I agree that it was a racist comment.

And yeah, calling anyone anything ugly and downgrading is just bad, period.

I like it. Foxx is going to have a great outing in Django and Electro is not a character that is so cemented that you can't give someone like Foxx the role.

Those that say no cause hes black and Electro is white, just need to die soon and realize we live in 2012 not 1912 and seeing these character being brought to life by anyone is a miracle and should just be looked at who is the better actor.

I'm not a fan of Foxx and would much rather see someone else in the role, but it has nothing to do with him being black. I'd be all for another black actor in the Electro role.

I'm not racist AT ALL, but I am admittedly upset a black person is playing Electro. I felt the same when Michael Clarke Duncan was cast as Kingpin. Oddly enough I didn't have a problem with Idris Elba playing Heimdall.

But saying he's a goomba and with Foxx being a black man, it just sounds like something that I'd punch someone in the face for.

It's fine if you find it a great start, but I certainly don't and outside of "these parts" a lot of people feel the same way that I do.

yes and outside these parts the ASM haters are still the vocal minority.

yes and outside these parts the ASM haters are still the vocal minority.

Personally I know more people who hated TDKR than ASM, but the last thing I want is a Spider-Man vs. Batman flame war.

I was hoping for Ben Foster or Aaron Paul as Electro. Oh well... if Foxx shaves his head bald like he did in "Miami Vice", he could be the Ultimate Electro.

I see Electro in this franchise as being a cocky nutjob but someone who is deep down just an ordinary joe, and someone who will come good in the end.

We just had that with The Lizard.

And with Doc Ock....and new Goblin....and with Sandman. Why break tradition? :p

That was the previous franchise. Lets not let that repetition spread into this one.

Well and Lizard didn't really become "good", perse, he was cured. The Lizard is still evil, it's just that Connors ISN'T the Lizard anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"