Sequels Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

The Official Facebook page also posted a picture of his tweet with the caption 'Electro, interesting choice...'. That was the thing that first piqued my suspicions anyway.

There's this...

And Webb saying that he thinks Jamie is an "electrifying" actor...

But these could all be things to make whoever's playing the villain in the sequel a bigger surprise, lol.

If it's not Foxx then I'll be extremely disappointed because I've warmed up to him in the role and now actually think he's the best choice.

It's really sad how people will accept anything nowadays. I've got no interest in seeing a comedian-singer playing the villain, no matter what color his skin tone is. Now Joseph Gordon-Levitt, there's your Electro. :up:

I'm guessing you haven't seen some of his better movies like "Ray"

It's really sad how people will accept anything nowadays. I've got no interest in seeing a comedian-singer playing the villain, no matter what color his skin tone is. Now Joseph Gordon-Levitt, there's your Electro. :up:

Comedian-singer? He is much more than that, you know. He has been in a lot of terrible films, but his performance is almost always top-notch.

Let me guess, you chose Joseph Gordon-Levitt because you recently watched the Dark Knight Rises and like his character? I don't think he would make a great Electro necessarily. Not saying he couldn't do it, but the choice at this point seems very random.

I think JGL would be a terrible Electro, or villain overall. He's just not that type.

He would certainly make a great Robin, however. But Electro, NEVER!!!

well i'm still hoping the man in the cell maybe set up to be Mysterio for ASM3.

Michael Massee could play Beck pretty well so I think.

If Webb is still around then ASM3 i hope will release Mysterio on the big screen.

The Jackal fits aswell as an idea but Mysterio needs his debut with Webbs direction.

I don't see Mysterio being in this trilogy. We had Lizard, next Electro, and Green Goblin in the third. If there will be more than these villains, maybe Kingpin, Smyth, or Silvermane as the "behind the scenes" villains.

hopefully some news soon, within the next month.

Probably by February (when production starts).

I think we'll get a Harry cast confirmation sooner than that.

After Django Unchained releases, think people will feel more comfortable and at home with the Jamie Foxx casting news.

He's a damn good actor and he could bring versatility to the Electro role.

Foxx, is a great actor, watch Ray or even Collateral, great performances from him in both, I have no doubt he will pull off the role.

I'm really starting to think that a lot of people are mad just because he isn't white.

Foxx, is a great actor, watch Ray or even Collateral, great performances from him in both, I have no doubt he will pull off the role.

Collateral was on HBO a few days ago and I got the chance to watch it again. His acting is very superb in it. I have a pretty good feeling he's going to nail this role.

Collateral was on HBO a few days ago and I got the chance to watch it again. His acting is very superb in it. I have a pretty good feeling he's going to nail this role.

I'm not worried about his acting or anything. I'm more concerned with the writing and direction they are taking with the villain.

BTW, I love your avatar!

I'm not worried about his acting or anything. I'm more concerned with the writing and direction they are taking with the villain.

Same here. I'm hoping they tie it in with Norman's story of becoming the Green Goblin. They could really build up this third movie into being something epic.

BTW, I love your avatar!

Thanks!

Same here. I'm hoping they tie it in with Norman's story of becoming the Green Goblin. They could really build up this third movie into being something epic.

Thanks!

It seems like everything will somehow tie into Norman becoming the Goblin. In fact, didn't they confirm that Electro will have a connection to Oscorp or something?

I haven't heard anything, but I'm sure he will. I'm also interested in how he becomes Electro and if they're gonna make him a sympathetic villain.

He's going to own the role IMO. He is very underrated and not only on this forum. I don't want him to be connected to Oscorp, but Norman should contact him somehow, and ask him to kill Spidey, or bring him to Osborn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"