🇺🇲 Jan. 6: The Failed Insurrection of Donald Trump...

US News
It goes to show you that politics DO play a role in the courts whether we like it or not. This isn't as blatantly self serving or ideological as some of the SCOTUS decisions, but this is a tough call for the judge when it comes to handing down a sentence.

The fact that Trump is running for the highest office in the land, will, IMO, weigh into the sentence. You can argue either side of this question with ease and not necessarily be "wrong".

No jail time. He'll get probation, maybe "some" home confinement, and possibly a good amount of community service to be performed over the next 5 months. And, no, Donald......playing golf and campaigning are not ways of performing community service.

I saw one show - it might have been on Melbor's - where someone said most convicted in NY of the charges Trump was convicted of in NY do some jail time. So if Trump doesn't get jail time he's getting unfair treatment all right, but unfair to his benefit not detriment.

I saw one show - it might have been on Melbor's - where someone said most convicted in NY of the charges Trump was convicted of in NY do some jail time. So if Trump doesn't get jail time he's getting unfair treatment all right, but unfair to his benefit not detriment.
I don't think there's too much doubt about it. He's the beneficiary of being who he is. It's a tough call. On one hand you have equal justice and on the other, you've got a guy who might be the next president and his inability to campaign could shift the election. I don't think there's a good move by the judge. He has two choices and I wouldn't describe either as a good one.

It kind of reminds me of when I make a bad move playing chess.....after that, you just ask "Which move is worse?"

I don't think there's too much doubt about it. He's the beneficiary of being who he is. It's a tough call. On one hand you have equal justice and on the other, you've got a guy who might be the next president and his inability to campaign could shift the election. I don't think there's a good move by the judge. He has two choices and I wouldn't describe either as a good one.

It kind of reminds me of when I make a bad move playing chess.....after that, you just ask "Which move is worse?"

On the other hand, it is a bunch of felonies that have a 5 year max prison sentence. And while a bunch of white collar crimes are deserving of more jail time than they usually get, I am failing to see need for jail time over this case. I mean, if Trump hadn't been, you know, Trump, he easily would have been able to John Edwards his way out of the charges.

On the other hand, it is a bunch of felonies that have a 5 year max prison sentence. And while a bunch of white collar crimes are deserving of more jail time than they usually get, I am failing to see need for jail time over this case. I mean, if Trump hadn't been, you know, Trump, he easily would have been able to John Edwards his way out of the charges.
There's no 'equal" justice under the law. That's a fantasy that needs to happen. The real "rigged" system is one whereby rich people get more "fairness". Period.

I'm hoping Trump gets his matching orange jumpsuit, if not now, then eventually. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"