Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin are Netflix's 'Grace And Frankie'

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/jan...ends-marta-kauffman-paula-weinstein-skydance/
Jane Fonda & Lily Tomlin To Topline Netflix Comedy Series From ‘Friends’ Alumna Marta Kauffman, Paula Weinstein & Skydance
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

Former Nine To Five co-stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin are reuniting on screen in Grace And Frankie, Netflix‘s next original series. The streaming service has given a 13-episode order to the half-hour comedy, created by Friends co-creator Marta Kauffman and Howard J. Morris (Sullivan & Son) and executive produced by Paula Weinstein through Skydance Prods. Grace And Frankie stars good friends Fonda and Tomlin as long-time nemeses Grace (Fonda) and Frankie (Tomlin) who are facing the last chapter of their lives. When their husbands announce they are in love with each other and plan to get married, the women find their lives both turned upside down and to their dismay, permanently intertwined. Eventually, to their surprise, they find they have each other. Kauffman, Morris, Weinstein, Fonda and Tomlin executive produce with Skydance’s David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Marcy Ross. “Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin are among the funniest and most formidable actresses ever and it’s an incredible privilege to give them the opportunity to run riot on Netflix,” said Ted Sarandos, Netflix Chief Content Officer. “The show created for them by Marta and Howard is warm, very funny and anything but wholesome. We can’t wait.”

Besides Fonda and Tomlin, Grace And Frankie reunites Kauffman with Morris, who got his first writing job on HBO’s Dream On, which Kauffman co-created, and Weinstein and Fonda, who worked together on the upcoming feature This Is Where I leave You.

Netflix, which is billing itself as Internet television network, has been rapidly expanding its original series portfolio which now includes five upcoming series, new dramas Sense8, untitled Todd A. Kessler/ Daniel Zelman/Glenn Kessler and Marco Polo, comedy Grace And Frankie as well as a final season of The Killing. They join returning series House Of Cards, Hemlock Grove and Orange Is The New Black. Netflix also is in talks for more Arrested Development.

Two-time Oscar winner and Emmy winner Fonda has been recurring on HBO’s The Newsroom, earning an Emmy nomination, and has been seen in Lee Daniels’ The Butler and Better Living Through Chemistry. Oscar-nominated Tomlin recently won an Emmy for her voice over work in the HBO documentary An Apology To Elephants. She appears on Showtime’s Web Therapy and continues to perform 30 to 50 theater concerts each year. Most recently, Kauffman launched More Horses Prods., with Robbie Tollin serving as the company’s Executive Producer and Hannah K-S as creative executive. Under the shingle, Kauffman launched and executive produced Lifetime’s Five movie franchise. Weinstein’s TV producing credits include HBO’s Too Big To Fail and Recount. She is currently producing the Ron Howard film, In The Heart Of The Sea.
I'd check this out.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/tat...race-frankie-starring-jane-fonda-lily-tomlin/
Tate Taylor To Direct Netflix Comedy ‘Grace & Frankie’ Starring Jane Fonda & Lily Tomlin
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

EXCLUSIVE: The Help helmer Tate Taylor will make his TV directing debut with the Netflix half-hour comedy Grace & Frankie toplined by Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin. The 13-episode series, created by Friends co-creator Marta Kauffman and Howard J. Morris (Sullivan & Son) and executive produced by Paula Weinstein through Skydance Prods, centers on long-time nemeses Grace (Fonda) and Frankie (Tomlin) who are facing the last chapter of their lives. When their husbands announce they are in love with each other and plan to get married, the women find their lives both turned upside down and to their dismay, permanently intertwined. Taylor also will serve as an executive producer on the series alongside Kauffman, Morris, Weinstein, Fonda, Tomlin as well as Skydance’s David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Marcy Ross. Taylor, repped by CAA and Lichter Grossman, recently wrapped Get on Up, Universal’s Chadwick Boseman-starring biopic of James Brown. He is attached to direct the feature about the rise of Tupperware that has Sandra Bullock circling to play Brownie Wise.

Trailer
[YT]CDv6PRi1SgQ[/YT]

So I'm loving this show. It takes a few episodes for it to get going though. Never would have imagined seeing Jack McCoy and Martin Sheen give butterfly kisses to each other though.

So now I'm caught up and I have to say. I haven't been this dissatisfied with a season finale since the Season 4 finale of Brooklyn 99. It left me thinking what the hell and question the writer's writing ability.

Season 5 is pretty good. I won't get too spoilery, but I wonder what will happen next. I wasn't bummed like last season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"