• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

January is Ghost Rider month!

RabidWolfe

Civilian
Reaction score
Better save up - I know I am!
GHOST RIDER #7
Written by DANIEL WAY
Pencils and Cover by RICHARD CORBEN
"HELL TO PAY" PART 2 (of 2)
Meanwhile, in the present, Ghost Rider knows what needs to be done. The problem is that there's something-someone-holding him back…and it's not Lucifer. It's Johnny Blaze. Will Johnny step aside and let Ghost Rider loose to do what he's meant to do? And should he? After all, it didn't do him any good in the past-as a matter of fact it's what damned him to Hell…both when he first summoned the Ghost Rider and then again, years later, on the day Johnny Blaze died.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

GHOST RIDER FINALE
Written by IVAN VELEZ
Art by JAVIER SALTARES & MARK TEXEIRA
Cover by JAVIER SALTARES
The original creative team unites to complete an issue eight years in the making! In early 1998, GHOST RIDER #93 ended with a shocking cliffhanger: the death of Dan Ketch, the Ghost Rider's human host! But the book was canceled prematurely, prior to the release of the series finale in GHOST RIDER #94 - which had already been written and was almost entirely penciled. Now, the final fate of Dan Ketch is revealed at last! With Blackheart deposed, the Ghost Rider is now lord of the Nether Realm. What does he intend to do with his power? And will the other Dark Lords - like Belasco, Pluto and Hela - allow him to keep it? This special edition also includes GHOST RIDER #93 and other bonus material!
72 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

MYTHOS: GHOST RIDER
Written by PAUL JENKINS
Paints and Cover by PAOLO RIVERA
A fully-painted recounting of the origins of Johnny Blaze, the man the world knows as the Ghost Rider! What would cause a man to barter his soul with Satan, becoming an unholy Spirit of Vengeance in the process?
32 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

CHAMPIONS CLASSIC VOL. 2 TPB
Written by BILL MANTLO, JOHN BYRNE & JIM SHOOTER
Penciled by JOHN BYRNE, BOB HALL & GEORGE TUSKA
Cover by ERNIE CHAN
Demon-gods, alien monsters and killer bees - it only goes to show that Angel, Iceman, Hercules, Black Widow and Ghost Rider did more before #17 than some teams get done by #50! The short-lived super-team squeezed multiple mayhem into mere months of masked marvelry! Featuring the Stranger and the Stilt-Man! Magneto and MODOK! The world reign of Doctor Doom! The Sentinels and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants! Guest-starring Spider-Man and the Avengers! Plus: destined for the pages of Punisher War Journal...Rampage! Collecting CHAMPIONS #12-17, IRON MAN ANNUAL #4, AVENGERS #163, SUPER-VILLAIN TEAM-UP #14. and PETER PARKER, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #17-18.
216 PGS./Rated A ...$19.99
ISBN: 0-7851-2098-X

http://www.comicbookresources.com/n...licits/marvelcomics/200701/GHOSTR_ROADTPB.jpgGHOST RIDER: ROAD TO DAMNATION TPB
Written by GARTH ENNIS
Penciled by CLAYON CRAIN
Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
Stunning art and a story that only Garth Ennis could tell! He's paying the price for his deal with the Devil - is the Ghost Rider condemned to ride the highways of Hell for all eternity? His saving grace could be in the form of an unlikely ally - an industrious angel with a deal that would free Ghost Rider once and for all! Collecting GHOST RIDER #1-6.
144 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$14.99
ISBN: 0-7851-2122-6 http://www.comicbookresources.com/n...ts/marvelcomics/200701/GHOST_RIDER_VC_TPB.jpg

GHOST RIDER VOL. 1: VICIOUS CYCLE TPB
Written by DANIEL WAY
Penciled by JAVIER SALTARES & MARK TEXEIRA
Cover by MARC SILVESTRI
Once upon a time, Johnny Blaze made a deal with the Devil - and to no one's surprise but his own, he got shafted. Now trapped in hell, with the Spirit of Vengeance bonded to his immortal soul and weighing him down, Johnny may have finally found a way out. But at what cost? From the depths of Hell to the glittering spires of Heaven, the Ghost Rider rides again, blazing new trails and dispensing fiery vengeance in his wake. The demonic team of Daniel Way, Mark Texeira and Javier Saltares reunite to put ol' Flamehead back in the saddle where he belongs. Ready or not, here he comes! Collecting GHOST RIDER #1-5.
120 PGS./Rated T+ ...$13.99
ISBN: 0-7851-2296-6

ESSENTIAL GHOST RIDER VOL. 2 TPB
Written by GERRY CONWAY, DON GLUT, JIM SHOOTER, ROGER MCKENZIE, DON PERLIN, JIM STARLIN & MICHAEL FLEISHER
Penciled by GIL KANE, SAM GRAINGER, DON HECK, DON PERLIN, TOM SUTTON, STEVE LEIALOHA & CARMINE INFANTINO
Cover by DON PERLIN
Demons, vampires, cults, actors - nothing's too intense for the Sizzling Cyclist of the Seventies! After mowing down a mob of motorcycling miscreants, the Ghost Rider faces what waits in the Wild West of the Phantom Rider and the Two-Gun Kid! Plus: See Johnny Blaze and Zarathos separated for the first time! Guest-starring Doctor Strange, Professor X and more! Collecting GHOST RIDER #21-50.
568 PGS./Rated T+ …$16.99
ISBN: 0-7851-2164-1

Damn it, guys.
My heart won´t take it...
I don´t know what to say more, just...i´m very excited right now.
GR4EVR!!!

yes...i would have to say right now is the best time for GR fans. so much stuff...so little money...heh
better sell some stocks....quick!

I fancy the one containing the 70's comics. Never read any of those.

:word:

I want the last issue of the Ivan Velez run and the Mythos: Ghost Rider.

im going to get everything besides the tpb's because im on my way to having all of the origionals of those.

#7, Mythos, #94, and Essential GR for me :o

It's about time I spend some time in these parts. It's been a while.

January is gonna be awesome... or maybe February, which is how long it'll take to save up the money for all this awesome stuff. I'm so pumped about issue 94 though. That will be bought on release day, no doubt about it.

This is something amazing to see after 8 years, the colored cover to issue 94 of the second volume of Ghost Rider:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/44901148/ (I'm not willing to steal from other artists, so click the link and show it the love it deserves.)

I'll be picking up everything but the trades, since I have all the original issues for both the first GHOST RIDER and CHAMPIONS series. But yeah, January is gonna rock out...and don't forget the MARVEL SPOTLIGHT: GHOST RIDER special that comes out first week of Jan. to kick off this bad-ass month!

For (almost) 6 weeks straight nothing but new ghost rider comics and the weeks when the last new one comes out the movie is that Friday. This has to be the est thing ever to happen to Ghost Rider fans ever!!!!

Jan. 31st is the most important day this month. Issue 94 (seeing the colored cover, it might look better than the original coloring at the end of the series) and Essential GR Vol. 2.

Man, I bet issue 94 is gonna suck balls. I can only imagine how bad it was that they wouldn't print it.

I believe issue 94 wasn't printed not on content but rather sales being so dismal at the time that the distribution of the comic would cost more than bring in.

I believe issue 94 wasn't printed not on content but rather sales being so dismal at the time that the distribution of the comic would cost more than bring in.

Yeah, one thing I always check is that legal notice in the letters page where it says how many comics they sell a month. You can see the Ghost Rider numbers plummet from around 300,000 to around 20,000 in about two years.

I'm thinking about getting the two trades ROAD TO DAMNATION, and VICIOUS CYCLE. Are those worth it as far as the quality goes?
Bear in mind that I am not a GR reader so approach it from that perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"