Jared Leto IS The Joker - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Discussion in 'Suicide Squad' started by Thread Manager, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]518455[/split]

2. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]518005[/split]

3. Joined:
    May 2, 2012
  4. The Shape In the shadows

That's pretty dope.

5. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

:hmr: Would love to see something of the sort in live action.

6. MasterChief2829 Registered

Jared snapping some Joker stuff today, hmmm

Killing Joke image and then idk if related but a purple Gucci box with a tooth inside.

7. DeadStroke Registered

8. DeadStroke Registered

I really hope Affleck includes him in his movie. :csad:

9. Doctor Octopus Registered

I hope he isn't unless he main villain and they make lots of changes to turn him into good version of Joker.

10. auditor Registered

If they had planned on having him later be revealed as Jason Todd and had written the story in a way that didn't make that difficult, id say Leto's joker is perfect. But to have him as the real Joker? I say he was awful!

They could have not showed Harleys origin or showed it differently so we never saw Jokers face.

Or they could have showed Dr.Quinn say "some people say your not the real joker" during the arkham scenes.

And have Quinn not be so crazy about the joker, while he struggles to win her approval.

Then years later after we do this joker/red hood reveal we show the original joker still be alive and then have Harley Quinn head over heels for the real Joker, but obviously have the real Joker treat her horribly, despite her devotion.

11. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

I wouldn't worry too much about it. He's more than likely to be involved in some capacity. Just hope it's as the main antagonist.

12. whatever Registered

jared gave his wisdom tooth to alessandro michele, gucci's creative director, as a "thank you" back in september. it looks like alessandro michele had it sparkled out for jared and returned it. unrelated to joker.

13. Octoberist point blank

I wouldn't mind Jared IF he and Affleck can agree to rework the character a bit. A part of it is the writing of course, but performance too.

While his screen time was very limited, personality, I didn't like what I saw from Jared's performance. It's a shame because I like him as an actor (even though it's 'In' to poop on him) but some of those acting choices for the character just didn't land. Like I can see what Leto was trying to go for, but it wasn't pleasant to watch.

For example, I'd come up with a better laugh, and less of the weird sighs/oohhhs. It's more annoying than being fascinating. I'd even retcon some of his more garish tattoos - he can keep some of them but lose the ones on his face.

#13 Octoberist, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  14. IncognitoWalrus Tusks of Steel

Superman gets a new belt, Batman gets new armor, and the Joker...loses some tattoos.

15. MasterChief2829 Registered

#15 MasterChief2829, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  16. Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

What's it for? To show off a better written Joker than the one he portrayed?

17. MasterChief2829 Registered

Well Ayer isn't writing any future films we know of yet so that should be a given.

18. Boom I got nothin'

The comments on that Twitter post frighten me. He's got some interesting fans, to say the least.

19. whatever Registered

Lack of content, tbh. Jared only runs his snapchat. Whatever he posts on there is picked up by his social media interns and posted on twitter and fb and Instagram to make them all look active. I wouldn't read much into any of this at this point. Jared is a drama queen and lives for the attention and talk this stuff generates.

20. Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

Most of it has been deleted - if not all.

21. MasterChief2829 Registered

Dudes rock climbing and making music everyday he does not have a lack of content, for a busy celeb dude snaps a lot. His bio on Twitter said something like not all tweets my own but he does post on it. Idk it makes sense to me because around now is probably the time he'd be prepping Batfleck if he's in it since it starts shooting in a few months he makes to the other accounts.

Plus he only reposts a minority of his snaps, not a lot.

#21 MasterChief2829, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  22. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

Leto's not going to post Joker related material just for attention when he doesn't even need it at this point in his career. If he makes posts and deletes them, he's following the same tactic as Cameron Monaghan and likely teasing the next Joker appearance.

I could be wrong but that's my take on it as of now.

23. BH/HHH You Are My World

I love Leto's Joker, I especially enjoyed that additional scene in Suicide Squad aswell. Weirdly he kind of reminds me of Jim Carrey in the Mask but without the goof. I can't wait to see more of him.

24. miltonh Registered

Nominated for Razzie Award - Worst Supporting Actor. Alongside Eisenberg. Honestly both deserve it. Just like Cavill and Snyder.

25. harlequinade DayGirl

Eh, hoping Jared doesn't come back to DCEU after this. This is the lowest of the low in his career, though I cannot recall if he was nominated before.