Jared Leto IS The Joker - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if any one here noticed, but I find it fascinating the dichotomy between people's opinions on Ben Affleck and Jared Leto when they were cast and as time has went on.

Back when Affleck was first announced, there was much vitriol and people even petitioning his recasting. After we got our first look at Affleck in the suit, people started to largely warm up to him, and since then people have been growing more and more positive.

As for Leto, people were for the most part onboard with his casting as the Joker, even excited. After we got our first look at him as the Joker, there was much backlash, akin to to when Affleck was first announced. Now people are mostly having a wait and see response when it comes to Joker and Leto's performance.

Too bad he didn't send Ben Affleck a crowbar

Last edited:
http://eprotoeu.mtiny.com/article.ftl?id=670674&cc=ND (Can't link directly)

Jared Leto sends Margot Robbie a love letter and a black rat in a box!

Now this makes sense.

Cara and Joel are quite fond of Jai Courtney's new friend.
11209352_848807575168629_183436473540536277_n.jpg

Last edited:
Have you played any of the games?

No, but that's not a relevant question. I don't want supposedly original adaptations to be derivative of other adaptations. Further, the elements of the video games which are most likely to be borrowed- namely the visuals- are familiar to me, and I don't like them.

Heh the Arkham games are some of the best games ever and they are some of the best Batman adaptations ever, we would be so lucky for the movies to take some influence from those games

I find it hard to believe that a Batfan could dislike those games and that universe if they actually sat down and played through the games

I dislike the art from the game, and and want this and future movies to take their own direction regardless. Having to sit down and play a computer game would not alter that.

I do not like computer games and have no patience for them, so it is unlikely that I would enjoy the experience.

I can understand why someone wouldn't appreciate the visual aesthetics of the Arkham games, especially someone who hasn't played the games and "lived in" that world. Seeing images or character models from the games "out of context" also certainly wouldn't equate to automatic appreciation or acceptance.

Them gorilla forearms tho.

I dislike the art from the game, and and want this and future movies to take their own direction regardless. Having to sit down and play a computer game would not alter that.

I do not like computer games and have no patience for them, so it is unlikely that I would enjoy the experience.
A movie taking inspiration from award winning games which includes one of the best depictions of Batman and his rogues is a good thing, not a bad one.

That's like saying you would be against them using BTAS as an influence.

Again, they should start from first principles, particularly when devising design and visuals. Having a BTAS influence on the movie would be a bizarre and meaningless proposition. Lifting things from a computer game would be even worse.

Whatever Grandpa. :o

Last edited:
I was playing Arkham City earlier today (I don't have a ps4 and the PC version of AK was a mess) and the Riddler called Batman a "shaved monkey". I instantly got fond memories of Regwec comments :D.

Damn, they owe me royalties for that one!

The Arkham games are ****ing awesome, and I wouldn't mind if they lifted some stuff from them. Scarecrow in Arkham Knight is ****ing scary.

^^
Scarecrow is one of the better redesigns, I think probably because there has never been a wholly satisfactory Scarecrow costume in any medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"