Jared Leto IS The Joker - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did in the interrogation scene

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2cshrag.jpg

Make up smeared hands again. The worst you could say about him is he doesn't wash his hands after applying the make up, but you know he covers his hands with natty purple gloves, so it was negligible, IMO. It's not like he was trying to show it off. He is not deliberately going around bare chested, or wearing natty shirts and having them unbuttoned to show off his tattooed covered chest.

That to me is a bigger far cry from how Joker would dress himself.

And like my mother always told me; it's not what you say but how you say it

Really, you mean there's a way of telling someone they're full of it and it's not offensive? :cwink:

Seriously if you took offense, or didn't like the way I phrased it then apologies, but I did say no offense to make sure what I was saying was not being said in a mean spirited way.

Last edited:
Well let's look at the facts.

We have a Joker with, apparently, a Robin tattoo on his arm...It's making all the more sense :o

I've yet to see someone point out, though I'm sure they have many times, that if it is indeed a Robin tattoo then it's more likely that it's cos he killed him.

Though that just brings me round to if they had to have the tattoos couldn't they at least have made them look homemade.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2cshrag.jpg

Make up smeared hands again.

Really, you mean there's a way of telling someone they're full of it and it's not offensive? :cwink:

Seriously if you took offense, or didn't like the way I phrased it then apologies, but I did say no offense to make sure what I was saying was not being said in a mean spirited way.

No worries, just thought you was a bit over zealous. I apologise too for being a bit of a wind up :)

But anyway i still think Ledger's Joker was a bit too grubby, appearance wise, for my ideal take of the Joker. Doesn't mean it was a bad overall take though, because he was a great villain. I'm confident Leto's will be just as memorable though.

No worries, just thought you was a bit over zealous. I apologise too for being a bit of a wind up :)

No you weren't being a wind up, I just thought comparing him to a trash sleeping vagrant was total hyperbole. Like I think comparing Leto's to Marilyn Manson is.

But anyway i still think Ledger's Joker was a bit too grubby, appearance wise, for my ideal take of the Joker. Doesn't mean it was a bad overall take though, because he was a great villain. I'm confident Leto's will be just as memorable though.

That's fair enough. I respect and understand that opinion.

Same as I'm sure you understand why Leto's is a bit too punk rock, gangsta, juggalo looking for the ideal take on Joker to a lot of people.

Last edited:
The thing about the Joker is that he's been portrayed VERY different over the years depending on who's writing him. Pretty much everyone has their own "take" on his character on him, be it in comics, in film, on TV, etc. I'm not sure that there is any set "one right way" to do him. Cesar Romero's Joker is completely different from Jack Nicholson's, and Heath Ledger's take was different from both of them. And I think that Leto's will be different still.

That's a promotional still, not the same as what he looked like in the movie with his long manky fingernails, greasy hair, rotten teeth, never changing his clothes etc.

And why so defensive? I'm not trying to have a debate about our opinions, i'm just stating mine. And again Joker was easily the best part of that movie, so i'm not criticising him. I respect the look they went for, but personally, i find Leto's more in line with how i perceive the Joker on the whole. Tattoo's and all (except the "damaged" one ugh).

See Leto's Joker i can imagine living in some gawdy, over the top palace converted from a fairground or arcade or something (in fact that shot of Harley apparently pole dancing in the trailer is probably for Joker in his hideout). Ledger's Joker? I don't think he gives a **** where he lives or lays his head.

I cant find the tweet. But it showed Jack's Joker looking straight out of the comics from the 60's/70s.

It showed Leto looking very similar despite the extra tats as a number of Jokers.

Then it showed Ledger only really looking like one Joker. A Joker I've never seen before. I'm still looking for it, but its clear where Nolan got some inspiration for his Joker.

Leto is the closet to the Joker. Does he have one too many tats? Yes. His look is so jarring that its tough for some people to get over. I still think if you remove the forehead tat and belly tats....its the best joker we've ever seen. I'm ok with the teeth because this isnt a new Joker. This is a 15 to 20 year run in Gotham Joker. I'm assuming he's lost some teeth because Batman knocked them out.

I would have cut back on a few of the tats and added more scars there instead.
I think the majority will learn to accept the look. It took me a while to accept Ledger's....but if the performance/story is top notch most will as well.
CKIovNOWwAA4qnA.jpg

Last edited:
Well let's look at the facts.

We have a Joker with, apparently, a Robin tattoo on his arm...It's making all the more sense :o

To be fair...I don't think it's a terrible idea at all. If done well, it could even be amazing. I just don't want to see it at all.

To be fair...I don't think it's a terrible idea at all. If done well, it could even be amazing. I just don't want to see it at all.

It would be a cool twist if done right, as you said. But it would definitely feel weird as well. Best just to avoid it.

It would be a cool twist if done right, as you said. But it would definitely feel weird as well. Best just to avoid it.

It would have been a cool twist if they hired this guy to be "The Joker"

BN-JF943_billie_G_20150705220906.jpg

He looks nothing like I'd imagine Jason Todd, but he does look like Leto's Joker.

I can buy that Jason physically changed over the years after being under the Joker.

Have Leto cast in some undisclosed role and did a good job of hiding him off set.

Then at the end it turns out that guy was really Jason Todd and Leto's really the Joker.

But Leto as Jason Todd..naw not buying it.

Another reason why I don't think that twist happens... Joker is not the focus of this movie. A twist like that would just distract from the main plot and feel superfluous. What do you gain with that twist? A lot of raised eyebrows and pissed off fans.

The thing about the Joker is that he's been portrayed VERY different over the years depending on who's writing him. Pretty much everyone has their own "take" on his character on him, be it in comics, in film, on TV, etc. I'm not sure that there is any set "one right way" to do him. Cesar Romero's Joker is completely different from Jack Nicholson's, and Heath Ledger's take was different from both of them. And I think that Leto's will be different still.

You're right. There isn't. Heath Ledger's Joker is proof of that.

I'm very much looking forward to Jared Leto's Joker, a feeling only further cemented by his awesome appearance at the end of the trailer. Is he a bang-on match for my ideal Joker, aesthetically? No. But neither was Heath Ledger's Joker, and neither was Jack Nicholson's Joker. They were each their own versions of the character, adapted through the filter of how they would fit into the context of the cinematic world around them. And they're still two of my favourite screen villains ever. At the very least I'm keeping an open mind.

I'm very much looking forward to Jared Leto's Joker, a feeling only further cemented by his awesome appearance at the end of the trailer. Is he a bang-on match for my ideal Joker, aesthetically? No. But neither was Heath Ledger's Joker, and neither was Jack Nicholson's Joker. They were each their own versions of the character, adapted through the filter of how they would fit into the context of the cinematic world around them. And they're still two of my favourite screen villains ever. At the very least I'm keeping an open mind.

That's how I see it.

Speaking of avvys, are any skilled avatar wizarout there able to make me an avatar-sized gif of The Joker saying "Really, really bad" at the end of the trailer?

Speaking of avvys, are any skilled avatar wizarout there able to make me an avatar-sized gif of The Joker saying "Really, really bad" at the end of the trailer?

TNN, of all people, called dibs on that avvy :funny:

Man.. this theory is REALLY smart (if true). I mean.. when you read into everything we've seen and heard about Leto's Joker, it all makes sense for it to be Jason or someone else. I don't know if this was mentioned yet or not but remember Snyder's comment with the first Joker pic?

Ha ha ha, the joke’s on you Batman… #cryptic #75th

The word "cryptic" sticks out to me. Do I fully buy it yet? Maybe not 100% but I would jump for joy if it's true. I would just want the real Joker to still be out there & not deceased. I wouldn't want to see Jason be the actual Joker in this universe either, just a 'damaged' person who is his insane henchman.

Last edited:
The theory is stupid and isn't true

Joker has a robin tattoo because he killed robin, not because he is robin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member