Justice League Jared Leto returns as the Joker

marvelboy10

Civilian
Reaction score
We absolutly need a thread about this.

What do you think about the Snyder/Leto take of this character ?

Cvhia31GCLThB4WH8

I had just created a Knightmare thread before this, lol. However, yea he probably needs his own thread as well.

I thought he was great.I think how Zack shot his scenes really helped sell the performance though.

I had just created a Knightmare thread before this, lol. However, yea he probably needs his own thread as well.

I thought he was great.I think how Zack shot his scenes really helped sell the performance though.

Ah yes, you're right but i personnaly think this character deserves his own thread (if you're ok of course)

Leto wasn’t over the top and ridiculous like he was in Suicide Squad. His Joker in Snyder’s JL was more in line to what we should have got in SS. Loved his exchange between Batman

Wasn’t really a fan of his laugh though. But then again it was more of a taunting laugh then the usual outburst of laughter we have been used to

Leto wasn’t over the top and ridiculous like he was in Suicide Squad. His Joker in Snyder’s JL was more in line to what we should have got in SS. Loved his exchange between Batman

Wasn’t really a fan of his laugh though. But then again it was more of a taunting laugh then the usual outburst of laughter we have been used to
Yea I figured it was that kind of laugh. Hit home to me when Superman showed up.

Metal or rotten?

the way leto plays it, it feels like the joker himself is haunted by his own murder of robin.

there's sort of a "i did not want to do it, but you forced my hand" in the way he responds to batman there.

or at least my reading of it.

and that's an interesting place to take the character.

I am not ready to say that Leto's Joker is bad, but we haven't seen enough of him to say that he's good either. He needs more screentime.

The problem with Leto's Joker is that he never gets enough time and space in the story, his performances in both SS and JL always look like a cameo.

Even though I'm not a fan of his laugh, I want more of his interactions with Batman and the rest of the team. The way he provoked Bruce was great.

Did the Joker resort to cannibalism in the apocalypse? I’m just speculating here, given the blood around his mouth and that seems like the type of thing Snyder would find edgy.

the way leto plays it, it feels like the joker himself is haunted by his own murder of robin.

there's sort of a "i did not want to do it, but you forced my hand" in the way he responds to batman there.

I read it sorta similarly. Not so much that he didn't want to kill Robin, but more just genuine disappointment in Batman that he allowed it to happen. Most of us viewed the Black Zero Event as the moment that Batman stopped being Batman, but it felt like from Joker's view it was the moment Batman sent a child to do what should've been his job.

I read it sorta similarly. Not so much that he didn't want to kill Robin, but more just genuine disappointment in Batman that he allowed it to happen. Most of us viewed the Black Zero Event as the moment that Batman stopped being Batman, but it felt like from Joker's view it was the moment Batman sent a child to do what should've been his job.
Black Zero was just the straw that broke the camels back

Its weird, but you could argue this scene would be even better if it took place in BvS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"