BvS Jason Momoa is Aquaman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to be positive but if this is true, I must say so far the DC universe seems to be disastrously cast.

Somehow when Marvel announces an actor, it just makes sense and sounds like a brilliant decision - Downey, Hemsworth, Evans, Scarlett, Renner, Ruffalo, etc. etc. But DC casting announcements leave me cold and divide the internet into squabbling factions. I wonder what gives?

Momoa is OK but he had a chance at being a leading man in an iconic role and he absolutely tanked that one - Conan.

Well, to be fair he was not helped by this script, and even Nispel can be a lot better.

Momoa could be an interesting addition imo.

Last edited:
Momoa is OK but he had a chance at being a leading man in an iconic role and he absolutely tanked that one - Conan.

I think his upcoming film Road to Paloma, which he directed, wrote, and starred in, will be a better way to judge his talent.

just to see how he looks with different color hair.

33li0jd.jpg

I want to be positive but if this is true, I must say so far the DC universe seems to be disastrously cast.

Somehow when Marvel announces an actor, it just makes sense and sounds like a brilliant decision - Downey, Hemsworth, Evans, Scarlett, Renner, Ruffalo, etc. etc. But DC casting announcements leave me cold and divide the internet into squabbling factions. I wonder what gives?

Pretty sure a lot of people were apprehensive about Downey, Evans, Ruffalo and Hemsworth

:whatever:
Ruffalo was not a good cast, it was seen as miscast, they wanted to see norton, but ruffallo shut their mouths.
And Johanson is good but some people wanted Emily Blunt, and Scarlet is gorgeous but does she look as a russian spy? I don't think so.

You can't blame Jason Momoa for Conan. That movie was a poorly written, poorly directed, generic piece of trash. And most will tell you that the only good thing about that movie WAS Momoa. And that said, he has gotten universal praise for his role as Khal Drogo on 'Game of Thrones' after the fact.

And Johanson is good but some people wanted Emily Blunt, and Scarlet is gorgeous but does she look as a russian spy? I don't think so.
I'd like to remind people this was a russian spy:

article-1306739-0af0f455000005dc-986_468x6971.jpg

a pic i found of Momoa. I think this would be a good look for aquaman.

cr3-gq_llb0.jpg

Man I can't believe people are complaining about Momoa as Aquaman. He's perfect IMO. No ones going to talk **** on Aquaman after this..

Drew is pretty good with his scoops. I'd say it's only a matter of time before one of the trades confirms this.

Pretty sure a lot of people were apprehensive about Downey, Evans, Ruffalo and Hemsworth

Yep. There was a lot of immediate backlash after the RDJ announcement. That all changed when the movie came out of course, but initially, a lot of people had doubts. Ruffalo also had a mixed reaction, from people like myself who were pissed at Marvel for ousting Norton (or rather, the classless way in which they ousted Norton). I had a lot of trouble picturing Ruffalo as Bruce Banner personally, but he totally won me over. Evans I was fully on board with and I think most other fans were too, though I may be mistaken. And Hemsworth was a giant question mark because the only thing most people had seen him in was Star Trek and he had about five minutes of screentime. I remember a lot of people initially complaining because they wanted Alexander Skarsgard to play the character.

Well, to be fair he was not helped by this script, and even Nispel can be a lot better.

Momoa could be an interesting addition imo.

This. I won't blame Momoa for that film. It was just boring and plodded along.

I remember reading that he was tired of playing brutish and semi-mute characters, well this is his chance to try to show off his acting. Well, the next film will be since I'm sure his role as well as some of the others will be really small.

Personally, I like Momoa and think this choice is kind of fun. I know he doesn't look like the Aquaman from the comics, but I can't wait to see him in costume.

I'd like to remind people this was a russian spy:

article-1306739-0af0f455000005dc-986_468x6971.jpg

By looks I'm refering on appearence but also is important the accent and all the traits that make a person to nail the role. and btw that girl seems more russian than ScarJo. But I won't strech this thing anymore and continue Marvel vs DC.

I'll wait and see if Aquamomoa is true.

Gus Gorman is an interesting choice for the poll
Aquaman role is official? Completely? No second thoughts? Hesitation? Debunk?

Here's some more rumors, recently release by a site called Hitflix >>
http://screenrant.com/batman-superman-dawn-justice-aquaman-mamoa/

According to Hitfix, Aquaman will indeed be making an appearance in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, and it WILL be Jason Mamoa in the role. The King of Atlantis will reportedly be another person who is not pleased with the appearance of warring Kryptonians during Man of Steel – especially since Zod’s world engine damaged the Indian Ocean. No doubt that destruction prompts Aquaman to come to the surface seeking answers and/or retribution.

a pic i found of Momoa. I think this would be a good look for aquaman.
cr3-gq_llb0.jpg

And yes, this is pretty frickin cool. JM as Aquaman!

First bit of good casting for me. Maybe Synder and co can do justice to the character... They just need to fix the errors they did by Superman first!
Errors? :doh: Omnipresent and 24 hours robot that can't feel? :whatever: Forget it. Those were in the past and not according to the true source materia.-comics-. we have A RELATABLE CHARACTER now. some just can't accept it and need to deal with it.

if anything, casting Momoa as AQ will mean Arthur will certainly be no pushover in the physicality department.

^^^ I agree. and the badass department of Aquaman is secure to be there.
On his character until I see I'll judge him. If he's indeed Aquaman.

dye Momoa's hair blonde and i can definitely see it

i actually think this is positive casting. Aquaman will be seen as a badass after receiving so much ridicule over the years

yep. AQ can be portrayed as a badass Sea King.

And to make him even more badass, every time he appears on screen, Under the Sea should play as his musical motif. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"