Jason Momoa is Arthur Curry/Aquaman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah! It's a thread for our favorite misunderstood aquatic bad*ss. So you know the usual, costume, casting and portrayal.

AlexSkarsgardElle-Wallpaper.jpg

Yes, yes a few pictures of hunky shirtless blondes is certainly not a bad thing. :atp:

samantha-jones.jpg

Well he can melt my tuna. :oldrazz:

Something fishy is going on in this thread... and I don't like it one bit.

Please no more fish schtick I can't take it. :argh:

Now how does one make Aquaman appealing to the GA? :hmm

Shirtless Matthew McConaughey for the whole film.

While I like Skarsgard and he is handsome. I feel like you really need someone who can do rugged and do it well.

Like this guy...

viggoaragorn.jpg

Please no more fish schtick I can't take it. :argh:

Now how does one make Aquaman appealing to the GA? :hmm
Everyone loves the badass. Look at Boba Fett or Daryl Dixon. Make him the ultimate warrior.

It may be a tough sale, not to comic fans, but to the GA who only know this guy as the Super Friend who can talk to fish. But I wouldn't worry too much I liked him in JL/U and I was barely familiar with the Aquaman mythos.

Now if the writers were to have him skiing on dolphins then I'm not sure I can take him totally seriously. :o

Introduce him in Justice League first. Make him a badass and people will like him.

Skarsgard would work. If Mortensen was younger, I'd be all for it, but alas.

I haven't seen Mr. Skarsgard in anything, I know possible blasphemy, so any recommendations.

Fish sticks Fish sticks Fish sticks Fish sticks Fish sticks Fish sticks Fish sticks Fish sticks Fish sticks

I haven't seen Mr. Skarsgard in anything, I know possible blasphemy, so any recommendations.

Well, True Blood is a pretty good place to start... the first few seasons are great. The more recent stuff sucks... though Skars is still one of the few bright spots.

Other than that... well, he got in a gasoline fight in Zoolander... :woot:

Well, True Blood is a pretty good place to start... the first few seasons are great. The more recent stuff sucks... though Skars is still one of the few bright spots.

Other than that... well, he got in a gasoline fight in Zoolander... :woot:
7927_zoolander.gif

Skarsgard is a great choice.

I also like the idea of Joel Edgerton playing Aquaman

joel-edgerton.jpg

Joel%20Edgerton%20image%20(2).jpg

And the way to make Aquaman appeal to the ga is definitely to make a rugged warrior type. I love the Aragorn comparison, I think the perfect Aquaman movie would be like LOTR underwater.

I don't see why it couldn't look like that... But yeah I definitely support an Aquaman with long hair and facial hair.

The costume badly needs an update

I'd prefer Edgerton as Green Arrow, but he could work as Aquaman.

That pic is just funny to me... he looks like a cross between Bon Jovi and Reese Witherspoon in Pleasantville.

But anyway... I have trouble seeing Edgerton in the role, but it might be able to work. I guess I've always viewed Aquaman as more regal, and Edgerton seems too blue-collar to me. But yeah, I guess if you look at him as more of an Aragorn type, it could really work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"