Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Nahh, I can't agree with this
A movie like this needs established big names, not near-unknowns
and I definitely don't want them to go down the "this character's son and that character's daughter" route, that's always so damn cheesy
I respectfully disagree on both counts.

1) I don't think this should be a big name movie. I think it's far more effective to get a quality cast that can really embody the characters. The only established people this movie needs are the original stars.

2) I certainly don't think they all need to be connected. But having that connection there is something I feel can be very powerful and contribute well to the story if done right. Especially since Ramis is tragically no longer with us, having Egon's kid would be a very good way to tribute him and his character.

You need a middle of the road actor who people know from other movies but isn’t going to cost a fortune. I’d go with someone like Jake Johnson but he’s too old if they are going the teen route.

Maybe the kid from Shazam if that movie works, or even one of the kids from the IT movie.

In hindsight I’m glad they didn’t cameo as their original characters because then that means the reboot is part of the original continuity.

Still boggles my mind the original cameoed in the new one as other characters. Jesus.

I was always cool with an all-girl team, that was never the issue. They really should have done a torch-passing situation though, franchised out to other cities, Venkman & Co featuring in little roles giving their blessing & tips and retiring.

Feig was the mistake made, not the cast.

Yeah, I agree. Having them cameo as other characters was so stupid. The way they utilized the original cast in these stupid, forgettable cameos was lousy.

This thread has blown up! :eek:

Surprise news, not sure what to make of it yet, I'm at least intrigued. :hmm

Ghostbusters 2016 was an exquisite tapestry of awful ideas. It should be studied.
3Vgq.gif

I respectfully disagree on both counts.

1) I don't think this should be a big name movie. I think it's far more effective to get a quality cast that can really embody the characters. The only established people this movie needs are the original stars.

2) I certainly don't think they all need to be connected. But having that connection there is something I feel can be very powerful and contribute well to the story if done right. Especially since Ramis is tragically no longer with us, having Egon's kid would be a very good way to tribute him and his character.

I hear ya, but
1- GB was a collection of some of the biggest comedy stars of its time (outside of Ernie Hudson, and had the originally planned Eddie Murphy played the role, it would've been even moreso)... only Egon really played a "character" that you bought into... but Venkman was just Murray at his sarcastic best, and Ray was Dan Akroyd being lovable and goofy
2- It could potentially work well to connect the movie back, I've just never actually seen that work in practice. Any years-later-sequel I can think of that used a familial connection came off seeming forced and a bit silly (I'm lookin at you, Die Hard movies) So maybe a good writer can pull it off, I just have a bad taste left from a number of previous failed attempts

I hear ya, but
1- GB was a collection of some of the biggest comedy stars of its time (outside of Ernie Hudson, and had the originally planned Eddie Murphy played the role, it would've been even moreso)... only Egon really played a "character" that you bought into... but Venkman was just Murray at his sarcastic best, and Ray was Dan Akroyd being lovable and goofy
2- It could potentially work well to connect the movie back, I've just never actually seen that work in practice. Any years-later-sequel I can think of that used a familial connection came off seeming forced and a bit silly (I'm lookin at you, Die Hard movies) So maybe a good writer can pull it off, I just have a bad taste left from a number of previous failed attempts
Yeah, admittedly my choices do tend to be based in what I like to see from movies, not necessarily what is likely to happen. But I do think that if any movie is going to have a family connection, this is one that would make the most sense. Especially in regards to honoring Ramis/Egon.

And that girl is one of the original one’s daughter. They just aren’t revealing it yet.

Would be fitting if it were Egon's daughter.

I'm assuming Dan Aykroyd since he seems like the only logical character to hide the Ecto-1 in a barn.

Isn't this meant to be set now? Their kids would be a bad place of a lot older than 12 years old if that were the case.

A 12 year old main character? OK, that answers the question of who the audience is. Young kids and teenagers.

So this will basically be Ghostbusters Jr.

Who do you think was the demographic for the original movie? Or the second? Genuinely curious.

The original featured Saturday Night Live actors in their prime so I would say the audience was all ages but most likely teenagers and above.

They were also coming off huge comedy hits, Bill Murray and Harold Ramis with Stripes and Dan Aykroyd with Trading Places.

Think we’ll get a ghost bj in this one?

So I'm assuming the pitch to sony was IT mixed with Ghostbusters.

It doesn't sound like the originals will be the leads, but since they will be the elders and original guys, they will probably take on the adult jobs the kids can't.

So I'm assuming the pitch to sony was IT mixed with Ghostbusters.

It doesn't sound like the originals will be the leads, but since they will be the elders and original guys, they will probably take on the adult jobs the kids can't.
More like Goosebumps. Those recent Jack Black movies don't make the biggest splash, but they did do well enough.

More like Goosebumps. Those recent Jack Black movies don't make the biggest splash, but they did do well enough.

But Goosebumps only made $150.2 million. IT made 700 mil. you know which one sony will wanna go for.

They just need to keep the budget down. I have no idea how the budget on the reboot cost $150M but they should aim for lower with this one so there's less pressure to make a huge BO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"