Jason Todd/Red Hood casting thread

Ezra would have been a good Jason!

Shia, Taron Egerton or Dane Dehaan.

I have my doubts we will ever see Jason in the movies but I'm hoping he does . I'm a huge Jason fan and would love his storyline to be brought forward in the movies . If he does come into the DCEU I want him to have the white streak in his hair ( don't know why they ditched that in the comics ) and him to be played more physically imposing than the other Robins . Dick is graceful and fluid , Jason is a powerhouse, and Tim is a mix of both but more a detective than either . That's how I have always seen them. When it comes to physicality Jason should be the closest to Bruce in size and strength

I would go with Liam Hemsworth then as Jason Todd/Red Hood

No thanks, Liam couldn't act his way out of a paper bag much less portray the delicate balance needed for Jason as he can easily come across as whiney or an unlikable ***hole if he isn't done right.

Last edited:
Then who can play Jason Todd/Red Hood? Someone that equals Bruce in size and strength then I would go with Jensen Ackles

Then who can play Jason Todd/Red Hood? Someone that equals Bruce in size and strength then I would go with Jensen Ackles

I know pre new52 he was listed as being 6'0" and 6'1". I never saw any different since then but I like that height . It doesn't put him as tall as Bruce but taller than Dick . I've always seen Dick being the natural athlete , he is graceful and muscular but slender built . He comes from a trapeze circus family , he has basically been training his whole life so it just all comes to him with ease . I have always seen Jason as the one who focused on strength building instead of being a high flyer . He grew up on the streets and knew only the strong survived . When someone pushed you had to be able to push back . He can get airborne just like the rest but he goes for simple movements getting from point A to point B as quickly as possible , he doesn't care about being flashy . He is powerful and determined. He is equal to Bruce in fighting skill and power but falls a little short in the graceful movements and deductive reasoning . He isn't stupid by any means but he acts on instinct and often doesn't have the best laid plans , he is willing to wing it a little more . He is street smart and tough . He has a smart mouth and quick wit and uses humor to distract . Affleck is like 6'3" so you need an actor that is about 6'0" . Also and once again this is in my head and not necessarily in the mythology but Grayson is the pretty boy and Jason should be a little more rugged .

1. Someone who can act

2. Jensen is much too old to play Jason in live-action he's only 5 years younger than Ben, and he definitely looks too close to his age to play anyone in their 20's

1. Someone who can act

2. Jensen is much too old to play Jason in live-action he's only 5 years younger than Ben, and he definitely looks too close to his age to play anyone in their 20's

I am a supporter of Tyler Hoechlin as Nightwing even though he has played Superman in the Supergirl show but thinking about it he could probably do Jason a lot of Justice as well . That being said I wouldn't mind Aaron Taylor Johnson either . He got in pretty good shape for Avengers and was pretty close to being the size I could see Jason being , maybe a little bigger but not by much

I'm gonna go ahead and pass on the Red Hood Jason Todd for the immediate future. Winter Soldier still feels too fresh for that to avoid being labelled a retread of an already fairly strong Marvel movie. And depending on how much BVS stink Justice League is going to succeed in wiping away, that's the last thing we need.

If it has to concern Jason, I'd say it should be Bruce working through that grief, perhaps with flashbacks in the mix as well, as he takes on Tim as his new Robin.

Taron Egerton for Jason Todd/Red Hood.
Adam Driver for Dick Grayson/Nightwing
Dylan O'Brien for Tim Drake/Red Robin
Finn Wolfhard for Damian Wayne

Depending on age I think Leo Howard(for younger) or Jonathan Tucker(older) would be perfect.

Others I like for the role include Milo Ventimiglia, Ben Foster, Brenton Thwaites, Shia, Dylan O'Brien, Kyle Gallner, Sam Claflin and Glenn Powell.

Can brenton do evil though? He's quite cute. Maybe as dick but I don't know about Jason

Can brenton do evil though? He's quite cute. Maybe as dick but I don't know about Jason

If properly directed, I think he's capable of bringing that damaged internal turmoil of this character. Now I've never seen him play a bad boy, I admit. The closest thing I can think of are little moments in Oculus but I think if given the chance, he could totally pull it off. I could see him being aggressive but still be emotionally vulnerable.

It really depends on the take of the character they go with.

He's very cute. I think if you need that from an actor he's a good choice

hahaha! He is easy on the eyes but no, I don't need that. He's not even a top choice for me. I just think he could pull it off after watching Gods of Egypt. He moves really well and after watching this film, I actually thought he'd make a great Gambit for an X-Men movie if he can pull off the accent.

I think Todd would be easier for him to do based on his performances in Oculus, The Signal and Son of a Gun.

Still love Shia for this one. It's the superhero role he fits best

Against my better judgement, I'd totally watch Shia and Leto do the crowbar scene.

After Breaking Bad ended , I was eyeing Aaron Paul for the role . I even made a fan trailer centered around the concept :

[YT]uJxnnzolNII[/YT]

Unfortunately, though, he's far too old for the role at this point. It's a fun idea, though.

I agree that Ezra would've been a better choice for Jason than Flash, but alas... the " Snyder(or whoever his casting director is ) miscasting actors that'd be great for certain characters as other characters " curse strikes again. The Shia idea is one that I've heard thrown around a few times before, but I just haven't seen him in anything good, and in the stuff I HAVE seen him in, he's always annoyed me. Then again, Jason Todd annoys a lot of people, soooo.... Yeah, this could probably still work , lol

After Breaking Bad ended , I was eyeing Aaron Paul for the role . I even made a fan trailer centered around the concept :

[YT]uJxnnzolNII[/YT]

Unfortunately, though, he's far too old for the role at this point. It's a fun idea, though.

I agree that Ezra would've been a better choice for Jason than Flash, but alas... the " Snyder(or whoever his casting director is ) miscasting actors that'd be great for certain characters as other characters " curse strikes again. The Shia idea is one that I've heard thrown around a few times before, but I just haven't seen him in anything good, and in the stuff I HAVE seen him in, he's always annoyed me. Then again, Jason Todd annoys a lot of people, soooo.... Yeah, this could probably still work , lol

I just see a punk when I look at Paul. I've seen him in a few movie roles and I didn't hop on the Breaking Bad wagon like people did so I know I'm not jaded. He just can't shed off that look.
I just look at his face and see a punk I'd like to kick in the shin.
Nothing against him doh.

Ezra would have been a good Jason!

Perfect Jason! But unfortunately they got him for flash which was an odd decision. But maybe he was over playing moody and troubled teens

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"