Javicia Leslie is the new Batwoman

Discussion in 'Batwoman' started by Speed Force, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Havok83 Registered

Never watched the show outside of the crossover but I'll check it out now

2. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Never heard of her before, but it's not Ruby Rose so I'll give season two a chance. Call me curious, but does anyone know if the actress is LGBT?

3. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

As a huge fan of DC and Batman... this is a horrible show. I love Hush and even that wasn’t enough to get me to watch

4. SuperRouth Registered

I’m happy with the casting, just not a fan of the direction they’re going in. Would have been better to recast KateKane and if you still wanted a new Batwoman then have a proper handing over the cowl.

5. moviefreak Jalwah tree loiter

bisexual

6. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

:rolleyes:

7. Sorath Registered

So let me blunt this is flat out utterly dumb. Kate Kane has always been Batwomen. They would been better of just re-casting the character. I get they want to add diversity to there line but there was much better way of doing it then they did.

Personally they should have just scrapped the show all together and revamped it with Luke and called it Batwing. I'm not a big fan of the Batwing comics but at least that I could get behind and understand. If they felt the need to have a black female superhero they could have gone with Naomi. That two would have made so much more sense.

What there doing with Batwomen makes absolutely no sense. I don't know I just can't get on board with this. I loved the first season. I really loved Alice and found her to be my favorite character. Now I'm just done with the show.

8. Thome216 Registered

I think they really wanted an original character with no back story. That way they could do whatever they want with her without upsetting the fan base anchored with Kate Kane. It's a cheap move considering they are using the Batwoman brand without actually having the correct character.
    (Much as many complained about them using the Bat brand without Batman...)
    This next season might still be good, but as someone who watched the first and liked it, I'm half expecting to drop this just as I did LoT. Again, I'll give her a shot though.

9. Mysteryman Registered

I have a feeling Kate Kane might be a bigger part of this.

10. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

What if they planned this all along and were intending to get rid of Kate Kane anyway? Maybe that could be part of why Ruby Rose walked as they were going to relegate her to a supporting character.

Maybe this will be like Beneath the Planet of the Apes where James Fransiscus was searching for Charlton Heston (after he didn't want to return for the sequel to the original). Finally Heston's character showed up at the end only to be killed off, but not before detonating the nuclear bomb that supposedly killed everyone.

11. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

lol

12. Legendver2 Smokin' Sexy Style!

So they're really going full Patience Phillips with this.

Dark Raven likes this.
  13. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Looks that way. They should even introduce Patience Phillips into the show now and have her flirt with the new Batwoman as her nemesis/ love interest. They can even give her the same awful costume with all those huge rips in it.

Lencho01 likes this.