Jayme Lawson is Bella Reál

Don't overthink this. She is probably playing a politician who is a key part of the plot/mystery. I didn't see it in any of the trades today, so they're trying to keep it on the down low it seems.

If she ends up being Barbara Gordon...interesting casting choice

Can a mod update the thread title?

She is so gorgeous.
A Batman movie with 3 black actors in the main cast still sounds like an impossible dream. Almost never

She is so gorgeous.
A Batman movie with 3 black actors in the main cast still sounds like an impossible dream. Almost never
And it’s not just somebody employed by the white, rich Bruce Wayne, servicing him. Or black gangsters getting killed fast, black villains terrorizing the city while the white superhero saves everyone. None of that. It’s Jim Gordon (likely Barbara too - a future superhero), a young woman striving to be a mayor who makes a difference, and the complicated Selina Kyle.

... It's not really that far fetched tho.

We had Eartha Kitt playing Catwoman in the 60s, Billy Dee Williams as Harvey Dent and yes, Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox. And nowadays with the success of Black Panther and other films with black protagonists it was kind of a matter of time before his happened.

Sure but Billy Dee Williams had like two scenes and it didn’t exactly make an impact.

Gordon and Catwoman, likely recurring roles throughout the trilogy is pretty big. Plus possible Batgirl and Catwoman spin offs. Who knows, maybe the new Dent is played by a Latino like Oscar Isaac or Joker is played by Lakeith Stanfield. For this franchise, it’s about time.

I loved the actors that Nolan assembled, but he really did white wash his characters. I lost a bit of respect for him when his ppl told Zoe Kravitz she was “too urban” to play the Holly/Jen side character in TDKR. When i read that last year, it did make me realize how much he white washed Talia, Bane and Ras when he didn’t have to. Even Falcone and Maroni to an extent were a bit off.

Are we thinking that Batman is put in a position trying to protect her while solving the whole mystery? Maybe there's a bit of a love interest situation in there. Or will her murder galvanize plot near the beginning?

She'll probably die somewhere not later than the half point of the movie to establish her relationship with Gotham and Batman, in particular. Or it could be like Knives Out where her character is dead from the beginning and her background is revealed throughout the mystery.

Wasn’t there a scoop about a string of murders and Batman has to search within Gotham’s underworld to interrogate multiple suspects? Or am I going crazy..

Wasn’t there a scoop about a string of murders and Batman has to search within Gotham’s underworld to interrogate multiple suspects? Or am I going crazy..

I don’t know about a string of murders but there was a rumour that the movie starts with/is about Batman trying to solve the murder of a key figure in Gotham.

There was a report a few weeks ago that the primary mystery may revolve around Mayoral candidates being murdered and Batman having to deduce who's responsible with his rogues gallery all being suspects.

83405513_487355751967068_5174246625459555978_n.jpg

82433509_190961555387685_7743230910126592348_n.jpg

I watched a couple of interviews with her and she has a very mature vibe. Beyond her years. I think Reeves knows EXACTLY what he’s doing with his casting.

She just seems like a likable person, I hope she has a great career ahead of her

And it’s not just somebody employed by the white, rich Bruce Wayne, servicing him. Or black gangsters getting killed fast, black villains terrorizing the city while the white superhero saves everyone. None of that. It’s Jim Gordon (likely Barbara too - a future superhero), a young woman striving to be a mayor who makes a difference, and the complicated Selina Kyle.
Amen

The point flew over Invader's head by naming 1 or 2 characters in the past 70 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"