Jean's true love: Scott or Logan?

Discussion in 'The Comics' started by The Batman, Feb 28, 2006.

?

Jean's true love?

1. Scott

2. Logan

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

So let us all remember this:
    Jean loves an emotionally cut-off pretty boy who can't even raise his own child,
    And she'll totally F a short, stubby, hairy little man with bad hair and an impulse control problem.

2. weatherwitch Registered

rjb182 Welcome to the Hype! Fabulous post! :up::)

3. MilkmanDan Registered

:D That's brilliant.

Anyway, it's obviously Scott. Jean loves Logan as a friend and finds him attractive but that's it. If/when Jean comes back her relationship with Logan may grow into something more, but right now her true love is Scott.

4. megawatt Registered

So just how screwed up is Jean? :eek:

5. Kmack Cheers!

6. Harlekin Business

Welcome. That was perfectly said, and I agree.

7. Canadian-beauty Registered

I think Jean's true love has always been Scott however, I am angry about how his character is written. I do not like the fact that Scott is never alone. What I mean is Scott always has a available female at his disposal whenever Jean is written out or has died. I am just tired of Scott being betrayed as a man who can attract any type of woman. For once I would like to see a woman hurt his male ego. Maybe I will be able to see this whenever marvel decides to write Jean back into the comics.

8. rjb182 Jedi Gnat

Thanks for the welcomes, I'm glad so many enjoyed the post.

I'll, um... try to keep my future posts a bit shorter, in general. ;)

9. Bottoms22 Registered

UGH! I hate this topic...

Just some points everyone always seems to forget...

- Up until the first movie came out Jean had never showed interest in Wolvie, and even his one-time crush had changed into a friendly love and respect.

- Scott never cheated on Jean until Grant Morrison turned the X-men world on its ear, re-writing Jean's character into the unattainable Phoenix and writing Scott out of character.

- After Jean's first resurection she spent years seperated from Cyke because she didn't want to jump into something again without being Positive of Her Feelings. Then she spent another few years being sure she wanted to be married to Scott forever.

- During their honeymoon, Scott and Jean were transported into the future, where they spent over a decade together raising Cable, and they were happy alone together.

- Oh, and after he "died" when he merged with Apocolypse, Jean never stopped searching for Scott to save his life. She succeeded, then Morrison happened.

Add these facts to the obvious ones, like how Wolverine has had a new true love every two minutes, and in fact was going to be married to Mariko long after meeting Jean, This should not be any Discussion.

10. rjb182 Jedi Gnat

Actually I think there is an issue of Classic X-Men taking place during the team's first night where Jean states one of the reasons for her leaving is that she's somewhat attracted to Logan, too...

But I don't disagree with the central idea that too much has been made of Jean's feelings for Logan. And the movie did change things around a bit-- probably because their casting of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine made him more dashing and appealing than Cyclops, effectively reversing their roles...

Wasn't Scott's change explained as being due to Apocalypse? We can debate whether it was a good idea to pull a "Hi, honey, I'm back from the dead and guess what? My brain's part super-villain now!" But it's not like the *old* Scott changed... something happened that brought different (as I said, not really new) aspects of his personality to the fore).

*paragraph I agree with snipped*

Yeah, but there's a big difference between living a quiet life together and succeeding as a super-couple. Heck, Batman and Catwoman could probably be happy if they could live a simple life away from the modern world with nothing to distract them from each other. Doesn't necessarily mean they'd ever work in the Real World, particularly the Real World With Spandex Added.

*snip, but agreed again, about Jean's devotion to Scott*

But loving one person does not always preclude having feelings for another. If it did, two-thirds of us would probably still be with our first loves. I dunno whether Wolvie's true love was Mariko or Rose or whether he even has one... actually, it might just be that the poor guy's wounded-samurai bit precludes his ever being *really* happy with anyone. (Though I'd like to see a storyline sometime where Wolvie gets into a stable, happy relationship for a while... just for the novelty, I mean.) He did THINK it was Jean for a while, and we're really dealing with people's perceptions here...

Basically, I agree with you. I just don't think it's simple, and therefore it's a fun discussion. Of course, I'm new to this board and haven't sat through the discussion 10 or 12 times yet, so YMMV... :)

11. Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

I think Morrison wrote Scott out of character to a certain extent, but cheating on Jean with Emma wouldn't be the first time Scott up and ignored his marital vows. Remember Maddelyne? Scott is just a terrible husband, plain and simple.

12. Harlekin Business

The Jean-Logan attraction has been around since Logan first became an X-Men. This is not something that the movie created out of the blue. Although she certainly refused him at every juncture (although they did kiss once while she was with X-Factor), there was attraction from her side as well.

13. Victor Creed Registered

Yea that whole healing factor letting him live for so long doesn't help either, lol. Xavier needs to give both them SOBs some major therapy. :)

14. The Batman The Dark Knight

Xavier's got his own problems...whether its lusting after jean himself, or holding some deep dark secret that makes the x-men pissed off at him...

15. comicbookmaster Registered

Jean sholud be with no one other that short canadain freak,cyclops is far better off with that fine @ss beautiful blonde vixen.Emma takes control of the situations,she found the best x-man and got the best x-man,and now she headmisterss of the school with scott,
    Let jean come back as phoenix and have a relationship with a hairy, dirty,smelly,short,immigrant.
    Hell scott's an american!!!
    Logan/patch/james/weaponx is (french)canadian

all of the x-men respect and trust cyclops!!
    most of the x-men cant stand wolverine-even xavier!!!
    Jean loves wolverine.
    wolverine would get jean and be happy,but see cyclops with emma and try to take away emma from scott!!
    evil bastard!!!!
    Wolverine must die!!!

I love you OOKAMI!!!!!

16. Victor Creed Registered

That whole post, not only for its lack of anything useful to say, was the most horrible grammar disaster I have ever seen. Right now, if you were the representation of America, I wish I was an immigrant.

17. Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

*ahem*

18. Victor Creed Registered

What's your point? Grammatical is a word, genius.

And, I'd would've been a perfectly acceptable usage because I said that IF he were representing America I'd wish I was an immigrant. I'd is a contraction, it's a grammatical tool.:)

19. Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

Allow me to highlight what you originally said...

I was the one who added the 'd and changed grammar to grammatical.

You can't say "if you were X, I wish Y." You changed tense in the middle of the sentence. It should be "if you were X, I would wish Y." I'm well aware that I'd is a contration, but you didn't use it.

20. Victor Creed Registered

Wow, yer right I apologize. :eek: Guess that's what happens when you don't check over what you type before you post it, lol. I'm gonna go cry in the corner now. Never again will I talk on the phone while on the boards.

21. Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

Jean loves Scott. But she lusts for Logan.

22. The Infernal Mky Mk

Ditto. The repressed dork wins everytime (eventually). Though not if you read the mess that is 'The End'.

23. Fenryr Registered

I thought the name of this thread was "Scott's true love: Jean or Logan?" for a second. Like that would be any contest, Scott's been harboring perverse sexual lust for Logan for years.

Despite romantic trysts involving Logan, Emma, or any other characters, Marvel makes a point of Jean and Scott getting together in every single incarnation of X-Men.

Jean and Scott.

24. Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

Why do you think he can't kick Logan out of the X-Men?

25. gacallstar12 Registered

does anybody remember what comic book had wolverine saying something to jean about dont say things that would get you in trouble or something, right when she is about to say she still cares for him? i know thats prob not a good description of the scene. i think it was happening right before it was possible they could die from something. i thought it was from ultimate extinction, but i cant find it in there. im pretty sure its in an ultimate book.