Jean's true love: Scott or Logan?

Discussion in 'The Comics' started by The Batman, Feb 28, 2006.

?

Jean's true love?

1. Scott

2. Logan

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Goddessreicho Registered

No she doesn't. She needs to stand on her own two feet without the burden of a dead bird from outerspace and with out the drama of two insecure men.

I miss 60's Jean. Where did she go? Bring her back!

2. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

So you prefer Jean to have nothing?

3. Goddessreicho Registered

Not nothing. Just her own character. I hate how needy they made her. TAS did the same thing too. "Waaaah I need you Scott, Logan."

Ugg...

Strip her down back to basics and let her became her own strong chacter instead of one that latches on to others. She has potential to be better than the phoenix and manwich if they let her.

They need to give her the Storm treatment. When Storm lost her powers she became a better, stronger character. She had too. The writers had to focas on something else besides her powers.

Jean needs the same thing. No manwich, no dead bird. Heck if they wanted a real challenge they could make her a human. Lets see what Jean can do with just the bare minimum. Let's see the strength of her character by itself for once. I want to see Jean stand tall by herself with out being too needy.

I'm not trying to step on toes, but it's true. She's never had the chance to shine on her own. Why is that? The dead bird took more from her character than it gave. It's a sad shame that Jean hasn't been *herself* in 40 years without being attachted to something else.

4. X_fan08 Shake Yo Moneymaka!!

All you are saying is true. but making her lose powers is a new idea i never thought of. Jean always had so dude or entity with her to over shadow what Jean thinks. Scott goes good with jean because she brought the best out in him and kept him in check when it came to over board leadership skills. and taking breaks were mostly her idea.

BTW,Hey Goddess:yay:

5. WorthyStevens Green Man

:D :up:

But no, even though Warren coulda had her, Jean belongs with Scott. And only Scott.

6. Pizzaboy1138 The Queen's Darkness

7. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

Alright alright... Look, I understand what you meant and I agree. Jean doesn't need to rely on others to do things for her and regarding her role in X2, I saw Jean as a strong - confident woman who sacrafised herself without anyone else's help. Thats the Jean I prefer, capable of making her own choices, doing what she feels is best and she's not afraid to take risks. She was a hero and X3 messed that up and turned her into a monster without explaining or showing why she did what she did.

And your right... the writers shouldn't focus entirely on Jean's powers but focus on what she wants and how she feels inside. While I think its interesting what if she did lose her powers and become human...would the x-men accept her that way? Would she choose to leave the school and start a life of her own? hmm sounds interesting...Jean choosing her destiny without anyone interferring in any way - shape or form... it would certainly be a challenge for Jean and having to make more choices and facing the world alone...by herself.

8. Goddessreicho Registered

isn't nice to finally agree on something...

See if you can get your hands on some OG X-men from the sixties, before the writers thought it was a good idea to turn her into a 70's pop princess. That was Jean, and just Jean, at her peak.

9. triplefive Registered

what makes you think Endsong is out of continuity? it's 616 (i.e. in current continuity)

the emma/scott relationship came out of scott's experience with apocalypse... he was a changed person, and to paraphrase, he didn't want to show his true self to jean because he wanted to be perfect for her, or something, but there was all this darkness inside him now and he felt like he could open up to emma. that's what i got from it anyway.

jean kind of always looked to logan for extra affection when she felt like she needed some... but i think her true love is scott.

eta: and you're definitely right, she shouldn't *need* either of them. she's the most powerful being in the entire fricking universe for god's sake! they should be worshipping her. ;)

10. Goddessreicho Registered

Endsong is a what if that never actually happened. The X-men won't end up like that. There fore it didn't happen.

It was based on 616, but it didn't end in 616.

11. triplefive Registered

end up like what? the sum total of that series is pretty much like nothing ever happened, and as far as i know, it all happens in 616.

12. Goddessreicho Registered

Dead on branches of a Kabbalah tree. Oh yea here's proof that it's not 616. Cecelia is dead, Storm is married to BP and fine physically (although its obvious there's something wrong in her head :p), I highly doubt that Kurt is going end up with his storyline...

All I'm saying is that its a huge What If.

13. triplefive Registered

okay, we are not talking about the same thing

endsong = phoenix endsong = written by greg pak
    the end = major what if? = written by chris claremont/sean chen

14. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

Well actually, I was way ahead of you before you mentioned that Jean shouldn't rely on others, etc. If you've read my blog or my post about Jean Grey in the jean thread or on myspace, then yeah...

OG X-Men. Is there a specific title so I can easily find it without having to go from store to store?

And just so we're clear, I've never really cared about Jean in the comics and the Cartoons, but after watching X2 after so long, I opened my eyes and saw Jean, not just a mutant cause of these powers she whield, but who she was as a strong woman capable of making choices and taking risks...clearly, I saw a different side to Jean- the emotional side of Jean Grey.

15. CapBeerCino Registered

Okay, that was easy.

16. WorthyStevens Green Man

It wasn't easy for 23 people. :csad:

17. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

18. WorthyStevens Green Man

Correction: 24 people. :(

19. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

What!?! Are u guys making fun of me!?! :(

20. WorthyStevens Green Man

24 people, the amount of votes Logan has.

21. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

I hope your not including me. Cause I voted for Scott, not Logan but look on the bright side, Scott is at 98 votes!! Woot!

22. XMENfreaq X-Men Freak/RoLo Forever

yeah i havent...:( i havent lived that long yet! lol

23. Bastila Deathdealer

Scott has 100 to Logans sad 25 lol.

24. MilkmanDan Registered

Logan's doing surprisingly well. Must be movie-fans voting for him. I can see why a Wolverine-fan might want Jean and Logan together (personally I don't), but I don't see how anyone could really believe Logan is Jean's true love in the comics.

That being said, I agree that being single for a change would do Jean a lot of good.

25. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

naw..I see Logan is Jean's true friend in the comics...