Apocalypse Jennifer Lawrence Could Be... Anybody? - The Mystique Thread - Part 1

“I would choose that over doing another X-Men movie maybe."

Yea bye JLaw.

Joking or not, I wonder how GuestStar will interpret this comment. :whatever:

She's obviously floating too much money up her nose these days.

Given how Apocalypse couldn't even outgross X1, it is not like her star power is much of a factor in these X-Men movies. But if Fox want another movie to underperform, go ahead bring her back and give her a salary raise. IMO, She's more like a distraction. I met a lot of people who have said Mystique is just getting screen time because of Jlaw. And that is just one of many problems with her in this franchise. She hates the make-up, she can't give justice to Mystique, and now she wants to be Mystique in a Gotg movie but not in X-Men? Girl, seriously... She sounds ungrateful.

Last edited:
“I would choose that over doing another X-Men movie maybe."

Yea bye JLaw.

Joking or not, I wonder how GuestStar will interpret this comment. :whatever:
At least with Passengers being a bigger critical flop than Apocalypse her fans can now stop pretending that she has to "put up" with X-Men movies because of her contract. Clearly, she can do worse.

And that comment is salivating :oldrazz: She is out ladies and gentlemen.

let's remember Lawrence is "star" because of hunger games.history proves she brings noone to theater for X-Men films.nowadays her non X-men and hungar games films are bombing.DOFP was hit more for return of original cast than her.

Fox shouldn't even try to get her back.She brings nothing to box office appeal.she doesn't want to do what role required and she basicly slamed
X-men there.Even among fans of X-men films there isn't a lot of love for lawrence's version of mystique.

Folks, start tweeting Lauren Shuler-Donner @ShuDonner and (if you must lol), Simon Kinberg @Kinberg. And link to the video where she says this, it's not hard to find on youtube. ImSGirl95's link to comicbook.com article has the video.

Funny thing is she wasn't even asked specifically about Mystique. The interviewer's question is: "Would you ever be up for cameoing in Guardians?"

let's remember Lawrence is "star" because of hunger games.history proves she brings noone to theater for X-Men films.nowadays her non X-men and hungar games films are bombing.DOFP was hit more for return of original cast than her.

I would throw Silver Linings Playbook on there as well in terms of how she's a star, and to be honest, I did like her in that film and felt she earned the Oscar.

Can't believe I defended her and her Mystique before. Another reason to move on.

http://comicbook.com/2016/12/16/jennifer-lawrence-wants-mystique-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy/

Jennifer Lawrence Wants Mystique In Guardians Of The Galaxy
“Oh my god, I would love to,” Lawrence said. “I would choose that over doing another X-Men movie maybe. I won’t be Mystique in the X-Men movies, but I would love to be Mystique in the Guardians of the Galaxy. I wonder if that can happen.”

That's hysterical. I wonder what it is about the X-men movies specifically that she hates?

I would throw Silver Linings Playbook on there as well in terms of how she's a star, and to be honest, I did like her in that film and felt she earned the Oscar.

That one got an Oscar buzz.

I just can't name a single movie from her that sold well because her name was the main attraction. Hunger Games already had a fanbase before she got the role while X-Men in the movies peaked with X3. I am also watching Passengers because it is a SciFi flick that loks interesting, not because of the actors.

Once she could turn a R-18 comedy with a rotten RT movie into the next The Proposal or Meet the Parents, then okay. But the next Melissa McCarthy and Angelina Jolie, she is not.

Probably the Blue makeup and not getting paid 20 mil per film.

Well if she was in guardians of the galaxy as mystique she still would be in the blue make up.

Guess its just taste really, even lana condor said she wasn't all that into X-Men before getting the jubilee role as she was more into the marvel studios movies.

Last edited:
lol

The woman clearly doesn't care about the role. The character needs to take a rest anyway.

That one got an Oscar buzz.

I just can't name a single movie from her that sold well because her name was the main attraction. Hunger Games already had a fanbase before she got the role while X-Men in the movies peaked with X3. I am also watching Passengers because it is a SciFi flick that loks interesting, not because of the actors.

Once she could turn a R-18 comedy with a rotten RT movie into the next The Proposal or Meet the Parents, then okay. But the next Melissa McCarthy and Angelina Jolie, she is not.

She may not be the next Angelina Jolie (she doesn't need to be anyway), she's already wildly more successful than Melissa McCarthy.

If Jlaw could make a film like Tammy a hit, okay.

I was talking about box office draw, not the amount of Oscar nominations.

Dude, she's still way more successful than Melissa McCarthy will ever be.

When has Melissa McCarthy been in a movie that's made $500, $600, $700 or $800 million? That's right, she hasn't.

Poll your average person: I bet they recognize Lawrence before they recognize McCarthy.

Why is Melissa McCarthy the benchmark for female actor success? :lmao:

Dude, she's still way more successful than Melissa McCarthy will ever be.

When has Melissa McCarthy been in a movie that's made $500, $600, $700 or $800 million? That's right, she hasn't.

Poll your average person: I bet they recognize Lawrence before they recognize McCarthy.

Remind me again that the success of X-Men and the Hunger Games were on the shoulders of JLaw?

Any no name actress could have played Katniss and the movie would have been still huge. Are you gonna claim that Daniel Radcliffe is a bigger actor than Brad Pitt since Brad Pitt have yet to appear in a billion dollar grossing film? Yes.

Again I am talking about box office draw.... Most people know Kim Kardashian but she isn't headlining films and making them a bjg success despite its poor content. Passengers is a critical failure and isn't opening big at the box office? JLaw's impact, y'all!

Last edited:
Why is Melissa McCarthy the benchmark for female actor success? :lmao:

See, he gets it. :funny: The two aren't even in the same tax bracket but I'm supposed to believe McCarthy is suddenly this mega-star while Jennifer Lawrence so badly needs to live up to her level of success. That's some Twilight Zone **** right there.

Remind me again that the success of X-Men and the Hunger Games were on the shoulders of JLaw?

That's irrelevant. It doesn't matter if their successes were on her shoulders or not; she starred in the movies & is more recognizable to a wider audience than Melissa McCarthy.

People like Mahershala Ali and Woody Harrelson weren't the stars of HG either, but it sure as hell helps your career when there's a wider degree of people viewing the movie you're in.

Any no name actress could have played Katniss and the movie would have been still huge. Are you gonna claim that Daniel Radcliffe is a bigger actor than Brad Pitt since Brad Pitt have yet to appear in a billion dollar grossing film? Yes.

:funny: That's the most ridiculous jump ever. We go from Jennifer Lawrence and Melissa McCarthy (which is already absurd) to Brad Pitt and Daniel Radcliffe and you manage to miss the point entirely.

Melissa McCarthy is not as big as you seem to think. And none of your analogies or references to Kardashians and the like will change that facet.

Again I am talking about box office draw.... Most people know Kim Kardashian but she isn't headlining films and making them a bjg success despite its poor content. Passengers is a critical failure and isn't opening big at the box office? JLaw's impact, y'all!

1. Kim Kardashian isn't a movie star/actress. Relevance here? Zero.

2. People, here is an excellent example of someone missing the point entirely and refusing to accept that their comment is completely nonsensical.

3. Since when is Melissa McCarthy all of a sudden the pillar of success Jennifer should aspire to even though she's already more successful?

4. If we want to point out flops, how about we talk about Ghostbusters? It was supposed to appeal to a global audience and guess what? It didn't. Fell right on it's face and proved that McCarthy is not one to headline a blockbuster. So, how come you didn't bring that up even though you were so quick to mention Passengers? It's because you're wrong, you know you're wrong and you're too vain to admit that Jennifer Lawrence and Melissa McCarthy shouldn't even be in the same breath when we're talking career altitudes.

5. Melissa McCarthy is a comedic star, Jennifer Lawrence is a headliner for Oscar films and blockbusters. This isn't even debatable, it's fact. For you to ignore this completely and continue to claim Lawrence will "never be as big as McCarthy" shows the heightened degree of your ignorance, of which I will not partake in anymore from this point on.

tumblr_o5gdbj2ExK1qamlhro1_400.gif

Last edited:
Oh classy. Using a point a gun gift to prove your point.

Box office draw, dude. You made it sound like just because an actress appeared in a film that grossed over 500 to ,900 million worldwide, she is already bigger than you know actresses that actually can sell a film based on the actress' name. I guess JLaw is more celebrated when it comes to awards but selling movies, not really.
and while we are at it

http://www.forbes.com/sites/natalie...ayday-ahead-of-melissa-mccarthy/#4710898f44d6

Notice that Melissa is at #2 and unlike Jennifer, she actually sell tickets even if the movie she is in isn't very good.

Jennifer Lawrence is an idiot.

For her to say she'd like to play Mystique in the GoTG franchise says it all. Total idiot.

Jennifer Lawrence is an idiot.

For her to say she'd like to play Mystique in the GoTG franchise says it all. Total idiot.

Not idiot per say but ignorant to say the least. She's not the only actor to make a comment about wanting to see their non-mcu marvel character appear in an official MCU film, Jackman has brought up a similar thing before with Wolverine teaming up with Tony Stark.

You'd think they'd be more aware of the rights issues than us here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"