Days of Future Past Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hate to see if the texture of those scales are gone and hard to notice in DOFP, I feel like it would be a downgrade.

I know, I just never liked it.

I still think that decision was done just to show off Rebecca Romijn's body. Just cover up her parts with something that looks like lizard skin instead of giving her some clothes. I still think the white gown from the comics would have worked just fine.
That's nonsensical. A shapeshifter wearing clothing defeats the purpose of it, as no matter what you turn into you're still wearing those clothes. Shapeshifting doesn't alter the real clothing you're wearing. It's also cooler and sleeker and kinda badass. The scale-like quality to it is awesome.

I would hate to see if the texture of those scales are gone and hard to notice in DOFP, I feel like it would be a downgrade.
I agree. They were so cool. It would really take away from the look and vibe of the character.

jen is there for the acting, rebecca was there for quiet assassin
Romign gave a great performance. Subtle, sleek, threatening and resentful, with just a hint of vulnerability. It was kickass. There's no need to demean one for the other. The both played different sides of the character greatly.

That's nonsensical. A shapeshifter wearing clothing defeats the purpose of it, as no matter what you turn into you're still wearing those clothes. Shapeshifting doesn't alter the real clothing you're wearing. It's also cooler and sleeker and kinda badass. The scale-like quality to it is awesome.

Nonsensical?

First off, morphing like that doesn't exist, so you can't say that you'll still be wearing the same clothes considering what we're talking about is fictional.

Second, this is a comic book movie and although changes happen from book to film, and I don't mind a number of them, this change since the first X-men film was godawful. As far as I'm concerned Mystique in these films is part lizard.

I don't get what is exactly "awesome" about the scales.

Didn't Mystique wear a suit when she morphed at the end of FC?

Nope.She had no suit at end of film with rest of brotherhood.

When she tricked Azazel? Thought she morphs while wearing clothes. Im not 100% sure though.

Last edited:
Nonsensical?

First off, morphing like that doesn't exist, so you can't say that you'll still be wearing the same clothes considering what we're talking about is fictional.

Second, this is a comic book movie and although changes happen from book to film, and I don't mind a number of them, this change since the first X-men film was godawful. As far as I'm concerned Mystique in these films is part lizard.

I don't get what is exactly "awesome" about the scales.

You know I would have liked to see Mystique wearing costumes/outfits that is based from the comic-books but the thing is we have already seen her in 4 movies with these scales. I don't think they need to change that now unless its for a reboot.

When she tricked Azazel? Thought she morphs while wearing clothes. Im not 100% sure though.

Yes she did.
I'm not sure where this theory that Mystique cannot morph the clothes that she wears comes from as she does exactly that in the comics and animated shows. Heck if Emma Frost can turn her clothes into organic diamond then Mystique can morph the clothes she wears.

Last edited:
Yes she did.
I'm not sure where this theory that Mystique cannot morph the clothes that she wears comes from as she does exactly that in the comics and animated shows. Heck if Emma Frost can turn her clothes into organic diamond then Mystique can morph the clothes she wears.

Cool, thanks for confirming. Yeah I never thought there was a problem with her doing that.

No, she can't morph clothes, she can only morph her body to look like she's wearing clothes. She probably removed the X-Suit, morphed herself to look like she was wearing one so that she could do a full body shape shift. Otherwise, she would have looked like Shaw in the X-Suit. Something that supports this is that, when Magneto repels the X-Men when they come to Charles' aid after being paralyzed, Mystique didn't budge, suggesting she had no metal on herself, and therefor wasn't wearing the actual suit. It can be argued that she wasn't thrown back because Magneto liked her. This whole argument does provide for a noticeable inconsistency in the film... did she remove her clothes and name tag after arriving at the CIA base before she transformed into Stryker? And why would she wear real clothes in the training montage when Magneto drops the weights? In the film universe, it's always been suggested that she's naked 100% of the time (with the exception of First Class.) If she were to be able to manipulate her external wear, then one could assume she could manipulate anything she touches, and she can't.

She morphed into different clothes all the time in FC, its reasonable to think if she is ever going to be useful to stop shaw she has to be able to change into others, so chances are she morphed into the X-suit

BQhdcTrCUAAPoGS.jpg

Again.... Where has this come from! Soooo exciting

It's from Bryan Singers Twitter account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"