Days of Future Past Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way they're turning her to Rebecca's Mystique yet. She'll have started developing her kickass skills, more likely.

I wonder how Fox are gonna scramble a BS explanation of why her and Chuck have very little chemistry from the older films.

They never had any scenes together during the first three movies.

Which makes her a rather heartless b**ch when she goes in the Mansion and poisons Cerebro.

Which makes her a rather heartless b**ch when she goes in the Mansion and poisons Cerebro.

Indeed, he didn't even sense his old close "sister" ... yup same old Fox not caring about what they have screwed with before.

Or something happens in the FORTY YEARS between FC and the OT that makes Mystique completely turn against Xavier, it would actually be extremely easy to explain. Also, she poised Xavier, but neither she and or Magneto had any intention of killing him, just prevent him from interfering.

Yeah thats not a continuity error. Thats a backstory. Its history. It actually makes her motives in the OT more interesting. Her knowledge of Cerebro and the mansion. Seeing how far shes come since being bffs with Charles.

Did Vader have any scenes with Yoda in the OT? Him having known him in the past doesn't ruin anything either. Other stuff ruins those movies but not that...

While I agree with you about Mystique Great Mind(s), bringing up the SW Prequels as a justification for anything is never a good idea.

I think this is making mystique definetly one of the biggest x woman in the entire series! It's a really good character development and story arc! I think is Stryker is involved will shed different lights to x2 prehaps!

i actually like the depth giving to mystique in FC

i remember when watching First class for first time i thought it was so odd how different the character is here and yet giving her more depth actually felt like a breath of fresh air i think

i actually like the depth giving to mystique in FC

i remember when watching First class for first time i thought it was so odd how different the character is here and yet giving her more depth actually felt like a breath of fresh air i think

I completely agree very differ and refreshing but I'm excited by e badass photo.... Getting close to OT

people have been saying mystique was cold in OT, More so cos of developments from FC, I also think its makes her taking the bullet for magneto more interesting....and she still helped him trick the government when she was human, seemingly left abandoned by mags

I was never a fan of Mags simply leaving her there like that after she saved him. At the very least, he should have taken her to a safe location, then maybe left her.

I think this is making mystique definetly one of the biggest x woman in the entire series! It's a really good character development and story arc! I think is Stryker is involved will shed different lights to x2 prehaps!

As petty as it sounds I just want to say that Mystique is NOT an X-Woman! And that it saddens me greatly that we have come to a point where one could make a statement like that. By this point in the series female characters like Storm, Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Jean etc should have cemented themselves as huge female stars in this franchise. I think the fact that we know about Mystique's background (the one character who should be shrouded in mystery) but have yet to learn of the background of one of the marquee stars of the X-Men in comics right now, Storm, is extremely disappointing. If it weren't for the accent in X1 would audiences know of Storm's African heritage, I wonder.

I like Mystique as a character and I love Jennifer Lawrence but having Mystique as the biggest female character of the X-Men franchise is so not how I would have envisioned the series. Jean, Storm, Rogue any actual X-Woman should be occupying that position.

Mystique has been a member of the X-Men in the past (she dated Iceman). She has also been a major X-villain. Her playing a large role in the film series is great imo.

Inpersonally love the role of mystique and bacau se if the threads made me think about the difference is characters from Rebecca and Jennifer.

I personally think rogue, jean and storm all have had decent roles and I enjoy watching them a.l, more so than some of the guys!

but having a bigger role than Rogue, Storm, Kitty and Jean is great too?

I highly doubt any real fan of those four x-woman would agree

but having a bigger role than Rogue, Storm, Kitty and Jean is great too?

I highly doubt any real fan of those four x-woman would agree

Just to be clear I love the four women! I am a huge storm fan, she has always been my favourite.

I don't think this will hurt the series and x women as a whole though

She's had a bigger role in one movie that took place before any of the others were born. Oh no!!!

:dry:

As petty as it sounds I just want to say that Mystique is NOT an X-Woman! And that it saddens me greatly that we have come to a point where one could make a statement like that. By this point in the series female characters like Storm, Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Jean etc should have cemented themselves as huge female stars in this franchise. I think the fact that we know about Mystique's background (the one character who should be shrouded in mystery) but have yet to learn of the background of one of the marquee stars of the X-Men in comics right now, Storm, is extremely disappointing. If it weren't for the accent in X1 would audiences know of Storm's African heritage, I wonder.

I like Mystique as a character and I love Jennifer Lawrence but having Mystique as the biggest female character of the X-Men franchise is so not how I would have envisioned the series. Jean, Storm, Rogue any actual X-Woman should be occupying that position.

I get what you're saying. However, in the X1-X3 I'd say that Jean and Storm had more prominent roles than Mystique did (most of all in X3). It's only now with FC and DOFP that Mystique is the prominent female character. I'd like to see that change if there's another movie set in the past where Jean and Storm could be introduced.

She's had a bigger role in one movie that took place before any of the others were born. Oh no!!!

:dry:

we are talking about the franchise as a whole. And DOFP will be Mystique fifth movie.

so leave the sarcasm out of this, thank u.

You cant say Mystique has had a bigger role in the OT than Jean or even Rogue. She has become a more developed character in the series due to FC but that I guess was the twist. And this is a different medium than the other franchises

Jubilee was the Kitty Pryde of TAS, Rogue took over that role in X1. Mystique being an ex x-woman is just another example of how things change in different mediums. Like it gives the writers freedoms to try and do things different.

Or in some places even improve upon stuff. I think it was smart to make Rogue the young mutant to identity with in X1. Mystique was kind of the FC version of her except she let the isolation of her mutant power overcome her.

we are talking about the franchise as a whole. And DOFP will be Mystique fifth movie.

Yes, and her second movie in which she might actually utter more than three lines of dialogue, so let's not pretend that because this is Mystique's fifth film she's suddenly the next Wolverine.

none has said that either.

We are talking about the female characters on this franchise.

I would expect, if DOFP takes place 10 years after FIRST CLASS, that Mystique is going to have some new skills and then some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"