Days of Future Past Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennifer arrived at LAX this morning, likely headed to Montreal. :)

YES!! So McAvoy, Hoult and Lawrence all in attendance. Your move, Fassbender.

I actually think I'm most excited about the XMFC cast.

Hugh has arrived again, from last night:

Heather Kelley‏@perfectplum
#1 thing I didn't expect to learn during today's near-endless LaGuardia @aircanada nightmare: Hugh Jackman is a really big dude.

Omg, I'm sorry but she looks really plump here. It would be fine for another role, but not for Mystique. I guess we're getting another chubby Mystique.

Omg, please look up the definition of "chubby". Because that sure as hell doesn't apply to Jennifer Lawrence in those pictures.

Omg, please look up the definition of "chubby". Because that sure as hell doesn't apply to Jennifer Lawrence in those pictures.

Okay, seriously - you have to admit that she looks chubby. Not fat, not ugly or anything. Obviously pretty. But let's put it this way - she is far from slim. Bigger boned? Anything but slim. Especially Mystique slim. It's odd seeing Rebecca's Mystique and then Jennifer's Mystique. I am going to have to agree with all the people that think she was miscast in this role. I know Alice Eve was in the running for Emma Frost, but I think she should've been cast as Mystique instead.

:facepalm:

Anyways, I think Alice Eve would've looked out of place amongst the rest of the kids from First Class. Especially delivering lines like "Mutant and Proud" and "Mystique, I want to be called Mystique."

Okay, seriously - you have to admit that she looks chubby. Not fat, not ugly or anything. Obviously pretty. But let's put it this way - she is far from slim. Bigger boned? Anything but slim. Especially Mystique slim. It's odd seeing Rebecca's Mystique and then Jennifer's Mystique. I am going to have to agree with all the people that think she was miscast in this role. I know Alice Eve was in the running for Emma Frost, but I think she should've been cast as Mystique instead.

No. Because she doesn't look chubby. Or far from slim. At all.

No. Because she doesn't look chubby. Or far from slim. At all.

Okay, I'm gonna let that one go because you've made up your mind, but one thing's for sure - her body is very different from Rebecca's as Mystique. It's just a different type. Do they call it endomorph? Not sure what the term is, but its not right for the role.

:facepalm:

Anyways, I think Alice Eve would've looked out of place amongst the rest of the kids from First Class. Especially delivering lines like "Mutant and Proud" and "Mystique, I want to be called Mystique."

That's true, but I'd sooner get rid of those lines. They were terrible. The mutant and proud line was corny and unsubtle. People were laughing in the theatre, I was like, oh brother.

Okay, I'm gonna let that one go because you've made up your mind, but one thing's for sure - her body is very different from Rebecca's as Mystique. It's just a different type. Do they call it endomorph? Not sure what the term is, but its not right for the role.

Rebecca was hired because she looked good in the make-up. That's not a dig at Rebecca at all, it's just they decided to make her 'silent and deadly' which meant fewer lines. It worked, and her Mystique was great.

Lawrence was hired for her acting as Mystique actually had lines in First Class. Since that movie Lawrence has become more slimmer and toned because of The Hunger Games. She hasn't got a super model body but she doesn't need one. The focus will be on her line delivery.

Alice Eve was considered for Emma not Mystique.

The hints at relationship with Magneto and her fight with wolverine was their effort to beef up Mystique's role In X-Men based on them liking what Rebecca did as Mystique.They give her more to do In X2.

Jennifer was hired because In first Class more was needed.After completing first class she got her first oscar nomination.If cast picture Is any Indiaction she may receive second billing for DOFP after Hugh jackman.

All eyes will be on what Jennifer looks like as Mystique In body suit.

It is shocking how Hollywood has warped some people's mind about what chubby looks like.

Nothing wrong with other actresses being super skinny but Lawrence just isn't that. If she decides to do that in the future, fine I don't care one way or the other because acting is all that matters to me. Of course she has to be in shape for certain roles and she is in shape enough for this role.

Reminds me of people calling Scarjo fat...so odd. There are plenty of fat/chubby people in America and you obviously haven't seen them if you think this is chubby.

What in God's name is she wearing? :huh:

Hehe... She looks like she was trying to disguise herself and also to dress in a way that stopped her being on some tabloid website/magazine cover with her boobs or legs on display.

I don't think you could call Jennifer Lawrence chubby in any way, shape, or form. She definitely is not chubby at all.

What she is, however, is soft.
Rebecca Romain looked athletic and toned, like she could easily beat your ass
Lawrence is just an average thin girl, who does not look in any way intimidating

but whatever, I just hope they fix her makeup, and that she and the writers work to improve her awful dialogue this time around

Rebecca was hired because she looked good in the make-up. That's not a dig at Rebecca at all, it's just they decided to make her 'silent and deadly' which meant fewer lines. It worked, and her Mystique was great.

Lawrence was hired for her acting as Mystique actually had lines in First Class. Since that movie Lawrence has become more slimmer and toned because of The Hunger Games. She hasn't got a super model body but she doesn't need one. The focus will be on her line delivery.

Everything you said is true, except the body part. Do we really think that viewers are going to focus "on her line delivery"? The line that people will focus on is of the waist variety.

Alice Eve was considered for Emma not Mystique.

We already know that, and I already said that. Alice Eve would have made a better Mystique, even if she's a bit older than the other kids.

It is shocking how Hollywood has warped some people's mind about what chubby looks like.

Nothing wrong with other actresses being super skinny but Lawrence just isn't that. If she decides to do that in the future, fine I don't care one way or the other because acting is all that matters to me. Of course she has to be in shape for certain roles and she is in shape enough for this role.

Reminds me of people calling Scarjo fat...so odd. There are plenty of fat/chubby people in America and you obviously haven't seen them if you think this is chubby.

On the contrary, it is shocking how being constantly exposed to fat people has warped some people's mind about what chubby looks like. I could say that you're so used to seeing fat people that your standards are lowered and have a distorted view of chubbiness.

There is no "fat/chubby" - the slash means that they are the same thing. JLAW is definitely not fat. She is chubby. She has cute chubby cheeks. She was pretty slim in Silver Linings, but right now, going into filming DOFP, she seems bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"