Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 2

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Mrs Vimes

Mrs Vimes Well-Known Member

I don't think that's the case; I remember Singer (or Kinberg) saying in an article that one of the things that jolts Charles into action is learning that Raven is responsible for the dark!future.

2. Feenix

Feenix Well-Known Member

I completely agree. It undermines the ending of FC for her not to be in her blue form.

People already know Jennifer Lawrence is in the movie and I personally think the GA would rather see her in her skin tight, sexy blue bodysuit. RR's Mystique was voted in the top 5 Hottest Villains of all time and she was barely ever in her normal form.

I think it's a total cop out to highlight Jennifer Lawrence over Mystique and it pisses me off.

3. jaymes_e06

jaymes_e06 Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's like they are trying to hit us over the head with the fact that JLaw is in the film.

To play devil's advocate though she is in the film much more than RR but still it seems strange that she would be in human form at all really throughout this movie considering what she went through the last film. Unless she was just about to transform into her blue from after someone left.

4. Malik

Malik Well-Known Member

She's been blue in most of the promo material, show me a promo image where she isn't then I'll agree.

5. jaymes_e06

jaymes_e06 Well-Known Member

6. Malik

Malik Well-Known Member

Nice try, I meant posters and merchandise :p

7. Nerial

Nerial Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek

I agree with this. Although I see your point (if she's having a conversation with Wolverine in private, she should be blue), it's a minor detail, especially since almost all the promos of her have been in blue, and there might be other issues we don't know about that explain why she's in human form there.

8. MakeMinesMarvel

MakeMinesMarvel Well-Known Member

To keep JL hapoy she needs more face time. We need to secure her a second trilogy after Apocalypse and sge needs her mug out there. Im willing to bend to her demands. Something they shouldve done when Halle was younger too. We need all the girls and their boyfriends fo see this flick

9. Morti

Morti Well-Known Member

I feel like J Law isn't the kind of person that cares about more face time. If anything, I think she wishes to be less prevalent in Hollywood. You can tell by her interviews that she doesn't enjoy being a focus in celebrity culture and just wants a simple Kentucky lifestyle like she used to

10. Krak66

Krak66 Well-Known Member

Again complaints and complaints. Only 10 seconds in trailer Mystique is in her human form and people sound the alarm.

11. Farren

Farren Side Kicker

I don't think she cares either, but I don't think this is about what she wants: it's about what the studio wants. And the studio wants to use her to sell the movie -- so they have an interest in giving her more face time. (edit: or what THEY think is face time: I think it's a bit insulting to her and the audience that the studio thinks people only want to see her out of the makeup -- it's not like she's wearing a bag over her head when she's in her mutant form).

However, I do think MakeMinesMarvel made a good point that she might be hiding who she is from Wolverine because she doesn't know who he is yet/doesn't trust him. Also, it could be that she still has some anxiety about her natural appearance: I think that would be understandable -- she could still WANT to be "mutant and proud" but not quite be feeling it yet. I'm willing to wait and see how the movie handles the issue overall before passing a final judgement.

TBF Fox has burned a lot of bridges with x-fans in the past. So people are naturally quick to jump on these things. Personally I've been trying to do better about giving them a chance (esp since I liked First Class), but I can understand where people are coming from, and I'm not immune to it myself.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  12. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

yeah but its not being done just for her, its for FOX to show her off

who would have guessed lawrence would be the big name she is now after first class

13. Malik

Malik Well-Known Member

Exactly, tons of j.law fans will the see the film just for her.

14. DJ Kornphlake

DJ Kornphlake Well-Known Member

Compromise the script? You don't even know what the script is, let alone the context of the scene.

15. Human Torch

Human Torch Well-Known Member

How about actually seeing -Y'know-the scene in context,before jumping to conclusions?

16. DJ Kornphlake

Never!

[​IMG]

17. Mars123

Mars123 Well-Known Member

Just to add, when I ran a debate between Romijn versus JLaw, the forum voted Romijn as there preferred mystique

18. Human Torch

Human Torch Well-Known Member

:lmao:

19. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

Ok, that interaction between Wolverine and Mystique was hilarious.

"We'll need Mystique."

"Why."

"Because you're a cold-hearted b**ch."

"Don't hold back."

I wonder if Logan will mention him stabbing her older self, or that she tried to bone him while pretending to be Jean Grey AFTER he stabbed her.

20. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

There's a possibility that they didn't let Mystique appear in blue form all the time due to reasons like
    -Giving Jennifer Lawrence more face time without the blue form
    -Jennifer Lawrence being more comfortable without the blue-make-up, she already said she had rashes when she was filming First Class with the blue make-up

Those are possible factors that could change things in the script. And as far as I know scripts are very detailed, so things like appearing in blue form or not, will be mentioned in the script.

21. Malik

Malik Well-Known Member

Just saw the asm2 after credit scene with j.law at the army base in English, it's really cool.

22. psylockolussus

Do they show the logo of the film? Or just that clip.

23. kevork89

kevork89 Well-Known Member

I'm seeing Spider-Man tonight here in Sydney. Can't wait :D
    Made me want to see Spider-Man more to be honest. I was only going to take my nephews to it. Now i'll get a little X-Men treat :D

24. psylockolussus

The X-door is back!

25. DJ Kornphlake

But that's still all just speculation though. You don't know the script or scene context, and yet still complaining about why she's not blue.